View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help us ARCHIVE and PRUNE PD

phr

Ex-Bluelighter
As you might have noticed, there two new sub-forums.

The first is the PD Archive, which will hold non-active threads of value from now on.
The second is called Pending Deletion, and it will hold threads you can help review. We will move in chunks of threads and after about 1 week of review we'll prune them. (Get rid of permanently.)

You can help by reviewing the threads in Pending Deletion and bumping them or by reporting them. The PD staff will then look into them and decide whether they should be moved to the PD Archive(closed for new posts) or back into PD.

We're doing this to increase site performance, and due to PD's size -taking up the 2nd most room in our db- it's a top priority.

We look forward to your help. :)

Hopefully this will reduce the number of repeat topics at least a little. Or we could just make the word "search" in massive bold letters on the website ;p.

Has a prune happened recently (I assume so as there's new material in pending deletion)? Can we get some updates in this thread on when the prunes will be specifically, preferably a day or two before it actually happens?

I like that idea. It might help get people participating in reviewing the threads.

Good idea. The last one was a couple of weeks ago now. The next one should be in a couple of days, once I finish rooting through what's in there.

Is the number of threads more of a priority than the number of posts in or size of a thread? The old social threads come to mind specifically.

Well if the bother would be the sheer number of posts why remove a history of drug discussion, countless small threads, when you have these huge ass social threads.

Maybe I am being insensitive by even asking this (not even suggesting), but I do not know if there is anyone who ever reads back ancient social threads. Some might claim that it is an equally or more important part of our history and includes the words of people who now may be deceased.

So I don't know, what is the point of keeping them?

The primary question I have though, is if the number of threads or the number of posts is what fucks the databases most.

Well, you're right. If amount of posts is what matters more, it's better to remove social threads, instead of removing drug-discussion threads.

Maybe I am being insensitive by even asking this (not even suggesting), but I do not know if there is anyone who ever reads back ancient social threads. Some might claim that it is an equally or more important part of our history
I think sometimes people may browse them for various reasons(like refreshing their memories). There are people who keep diaries, so why wouldn't there be people who browse old social threads?