• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MET vs 4-ACO-DMT?

Anyone with seroius knowledge have a mechanism of action proposed or proven as to why 4-ACO-DMT is sedating?

At my current 10 - 15 mg dose anyway. I imagine at 50-mg with my zero tollence it would very stimulaing to say the least.

I'm pretty certain this particular, pecular even, effect of 4ACO sedation.... ah shit, lost my thought on my come up.

One note: any nausea for me is instantly resolved with two hits of good indica. I've read the same of sativas... Hope that helps some, for others weed + tripping can get heavy. I use it only on come up and down, in moderation untill fully down

tryptamines, broadly, aren't really known for being stimulants.

Some of them are required for good sleep.

When people say they find 4-aco-dmt sedating, do they literally mean it makes them sleepy? I thought people meant sedentary and were mis identifying it. Sleep feels impossible on it, keeps me wired for quite a while after too, as do most other tryptamines.

I know I've literally fallen asleep on some weird mushrooms (Oakland roommate was a bike messenger guy, strange story). They were weak but I was having a fantastic closed-eye experience. Then I was comfortably asleep.

But even that I wouldn't call "sedating", because I don't remember feeling "sleepy".

Words, man. What do they mean? Sedating to me means your head is nodding, you go cross-eyed a lot, mind drifts off not in a psychedelic way but a day-dreamy one. I've never tried the Acetyl ester to tell you.

The only time I tried 4-AcO-DMT I became unusually drowsy/groggy, with noticeable motor impairment. Simple tasks like opening the fridge took effort. I was also yawning a hell of a lot. I've never felt this on any other psychedelic.

Sleep, however, did not come easily either.

You know, the yawning thing is interesting, since that's one of the big side effects when starting an SSRI.

I always thought those meds' similarities to an LSD come-up was kinda funny, and disconcerting.

I'm going to try combining 4-ho-Met and 4-aco-dmt in an IM shot after work tonight. I did 40 mg of 4-aco last wednesday (it's now the following Monday) so I'm hoping tolerance won't be an issue. I'm thinking of doing 25 mg of each.

I'm going to try combining 4-ho-Met and 4-aco-dmt in an IM shot after work tonight. I did 40 mg of 4-aco last wednesday (it's now the following Monday) so I'm hoping tolerance won't be an issue. I'm thinking of doing 25 mg of each.
IMO 50mg total of 4 subbed tryptamines in IM shot is a bit much but you know your body's response better.

I recommend meditating or performing any other spiritual preparation before shooting up, as this combo responds strongly to such activities.

Have fun and be safe! ;)

I've just fallen in love with tryptamines and maybe one or two of you can help me. I've done MiPT, MET, DET all in AcO and HO versions, and maybe some others that don't stand out. I hate MiPT. No value whatsoever for fun or learning. I hated DET. DiPT doesn't interest me. But I can't get MET out of my mind. It's like the perfect drug and I'm a heroin addict so that's fuckin saying something. MET is what MDMA should be. Now my question, I used to smoke a lot of DMT, but I don't know which kind. My friend made it from Naphtha, Lye, and one other ingredient I wont say but it's a powdered plant from far away. This DMT took me places every time. Like other dimensions. If only the world could smoke this compound most global problems would find a resolution within a year. I truly believe that. What type of DMT was I smoking? I would put it on top of herb and tobacco for the added MOAI affects of the cancer smoke.

I'm not sure what you mean, what type of DMT? DMT is DMT. Or do you mean, was it 4-HO or 4-AcO-DMT? If it was extracted from a powdered plant, it was certainly just DMT, which is different from 4-HO-DMT (that is what's in mushrooms) or 4-AcO-DMT. Putting that hydroxy or acetoxy group on the 4 position of the base molecule changes the action of the drug substantially, so it's rather confusing (and inaccurate) to say you have done MiPT, MET and DET, because those are unique drugs and different from 4-HO/AcO-MiPT, 4-HO/AcO-MET, and 4-HO/AcO-DET.

I'm not sure what you mean, what type of DMT? DMT is DMT. Or do you mean, was it 4-HO or 4-AcO-DMT? If it was extracted from a powdered plant, it was certainly just DMT
I have to disagree, it could also be 5-MeO-DMT and/or 5-HO-DMT / Bufotenine and/or a mixture of these and several closely related tryptamines (e.g. NMT). Extracting Bufotenin from Anadenanthera peregrina is possible, J. Ott has done so and published results on it.

4 aco DMT hands down. Shrooms without the awful taste :). I was a actually tripping off a high dose once and my cousin wanted to trip with me so I gave her half my normal dose and she said she had an out of body experience from it. I never have tho.

I've sniffed up 1g of Ketamine over the course of a night and still haven't experienced a K hole.

Next time I cop some kitty I'm gonna rail a FAT line lol. I gotta experience that b4 I can smoke DMT.