• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Please can someone offer advice.

3.5 years ago I took pregabalin twice a week to deal with anxiety, usually doses of 175-200mg. After doing this for 2-3 months I started getting WD's. Long story short I went on them every day to stabilise, then gradually lowered my dosage to 25mg in the morning and 50mg at night. I didn't completely come off them because at that point I had some serious health issues.

So I've been on the 75mg per day for about 3 and a bit years. Right now I'm having an acute crisis of anxiety and IBS, my GP put my dose up to 350mg per day (half in morning and half at night). I thought this would help the anxiety but somehow I have developed quite an insane tolerance, even using it at a very low level, because it only gave me a small amount of anxiety relief.

Now I'm wondering whether to get them to put the dose up again, or if there's just no point because my tolerance is just going to stop me from ever experiencing the anxiolytic effect I had at the beginning from taking them. The max dose they will give you here in the UK is 600mg per day. If anyone has any advice I'd welcome it.

Also, if I'm not going to take it, do you think I would get WD now from gradually tapering down from 350mg back to the 75mg I was on? (I've only been on the 350mg for 1.5 days). I have had WD from preg before FYI. I would guess it's unlikely but I can't deal with anything extra adding to my anxiety right now.

Many thanks!

Spurs:
My experience is that you may want to do a quick taper down to your previous dose. Maybe do 250 mg or so today and 150 mg tomorrow. Then back to 75 the following day.
Get to zero asap. Stay off it for a week. Don?t tell your Dr.. Keep a stash and use it every two or three days if possible. Pregablin is most effective when not used at all. Yes your daily use at 75 mg has likely temporarily ruined some of its effects. If you suddenly jump to 600 mg one evening you will nod off, but the daily boost you got in the beginning 3 years ago may be gone unless you quit for a while.

Spurs:
My experience is that you may want to do a quick taper down to your previous dose. Maybe do 250 mg or so today and 150 mg tomorrow. Then back to 75 the following day.
Get to zero asap. Stay off it for a week. Don?t tell your Dr.. Keep a stash and use it every two or three days if possible. Pregablin is most effective when not used at all. Yes your daily use at 75 mg has likely temporarily ruined some of its effects. If you suddenly jump to 600 mg one evening you will nod off, but the daily boost you got in the beginning 3 years ago may be gone unless you quit for a while.

Thanks. That's helpful. Do you think a high dose like 600mg would have a lasting effect? Or would it only work for about a week of everyday use? I think it would be better to do a quick taper, but I'm not really feeling well enough right now. Maybe I will try and do it anyway.

Anyone else tried snorting Gabepentin?

I had seen something about in on here ages ago & well before I had tried them & the last year my friend has been giving me his script of them as he doesn't like them so he unloads them onto me. The last few days I have been trying out this ROA but it is not a nice experience, to me the taste is really NOT good & it is also a lot of powder to get up there.

How much do people do if they use this ROA?
Any tips / advice on it would be great.

Spurs:

I'm doing a quick taper...what do you think? I am going to take 150mg tonight, 125mg tomorrow morning, 100mg tomorrow night, 75mg the following morning etc until 25mg in the morning and 50mg at night again as I was doing two days ago. Do you think I'll get rebound anxiety? I'm in a bit of an anxiety and depression (and severe IBS) at the moment, and I can't risk further anxiety as I need to go to work and also look after my 96 year old Grandma in her care home.

Your taper sounds fine to me.
The issue with Pregablin is that tolerance builds fast in recreational use. I can go from zero use to having fun for two days at 300mg, then needing 600 mg to get back to fun for two more days. In 4 days I have built a complete tolerance to the fun side effects of over-use at 600 mg per day(all in a single daily dose). And I will have to taper for 4 days to avoid nausea and insomnia to get back to zero.
If you try to quit all together for a while, you will likely have some anxiety for a few weeks. Most people do, for upwards of 8 weeks after prolonged use. A slow taper from your base dose over a month or two would help to avoid that- starting from 75 mg daily in your case. Maybe dropping 25 mg at a time for two weeks at a time
Get back to 75mg for a week. Either get off it completely for a week or two, or stay at 75. Try every other day(or better every third day) at 300-400 mg more and see how it hits you. Best if you can get to zero first.
You should decide your biggest goal first. Do you want to get away from this drug or are you more interested in playing with it?

Anyone else tried snorting Gabepentin?

I had seen something about in on here ages ago & well before I had tried them & the last year my friend has been giving me his script of them as he doesn't like them so he unloads them onto me. The last few days I have been trying out this ROA but it is not a nice experience, to me the taste is really NOT good & it is also a lot of powder to get up there.

How much do people do if they use this ROA?
Any tips / advice on it would be great.

That sounds awful. Theres a bbc3 documentary on YouTube about Pregablin in Ireland- Belfast Buds- They follow one guy who snorts 600 mg per day and it is the most disgusting crap. Gabapentin tastes the same, but you have to take 10x as much for the same effect.
I have never snorted either, but it cannot be worth it. Just biting the capsules makes me gag.
How much gabapentin would you be planning on snorting?

Your taper sounds fine to me.
The issue with Pregablin is that tolerance builds fast in recreational use. I can go from zero use to having fun for two days at 300mg, then needing 600 mg to get back to fun for two more days. In 4 days I have built a complete tolerance to the fun side effects of over-use at 600 mg per day(all in a single daily dose). And I will have to taper for 4 days to avoid nausea and insomnia to get back to zero.
If you try to quit all together for a while, you will likely have some anxiety for a few weeks. Most people do, for upwards of 8 weeks after prolonged use. A slow taper from your base dose over a month or two would help to avoid that- starting from 75 mg daily in your case. Maybe dropping 25 mg at a time for two weeks at a time
Get back to 75mg for a week. Either get off it completely for a week or two, or stay at 75. Try every other day(or better every third day) at 300-400 mg more and see how it hits you. Best if you can get to zero first.
You should decide your biggest goal first. Do you want to get away from this drug or are you more interested in playing with it?

Cheers mate.

I am using it for anxiety and IBS, it's not really recreational. Of course it can be difficult to know where mental health problems stop and using drugs to get a buzz begins (it's undeniable that it feels good to get rid of anxiety and pain) but recreational is not my conscious intention. I'm actually getting more out of it at the above mentioned dosages now, partly because I have upped my amitriptyline dose and partly because I think I was just so insanely anxious last week that I was noticing it less. So I'm going to stay with it for now, as anything which helps is more than welcome.

FWIW I tried using it every three days similar dosages to what you mentioned, a few years back, and it ended up giving me WD's after a couple of months despite not using daily or even every other day, so I'm not sure it's sustainable...for me at least (some people are less susceptible to WD).

I've just started trying Pregabalin, and it's a bit like being drunk, but different. Highest I've done so far is 450mg

but I think I've expereinced side effects. My libido seemed to vanish - I suddenly noticed I hadn't had a hard-on for a while - has anyone else experienced that? I'm also a little concered that I may gain weight as that's supposed to be a common side effect

I've just started trying Pregabalin, and it's a bit like being drunk, but different. Highest I've done so far is 450mg

but I think I've expereinced side effects. My libido seemed to vanish - I suddenly noticed I hadn't had a hard-on for a while - has anyone else experienced that? I'm also a little concered that I may gain weight as that's supposed to be a common side effect

I do a similar amount once every week or two and it makes me horny asf haha. Can last for ages too. It's great! Love how it's such a distinct "high" feeling without being incapacitating and obvious to the outside world. A joint at the tail end of a session is bliss, as well!

^ what about in Austrailia?? i asked a few questions a few posts up..... id like to also know now if this is on PBS here in OZ:\
otherwise im pretty much fucked

It is on the PBS. $6.95 for 56 capsules regardless of strength.

Some people experience increased libido. But not me. I dunno which drug Im taking that is responsible, but I have the same problem. Not even morning wood for weeks at a time.
Sucks.....

^ me too - my libido seems to vanish when I take Pregabalin. don't think I've gained any weight though (I hope)

The maximum I've taken so far is 750mg. The effects last for a long time, so be careful if you need to do anything like driving the next day.

I think tolerance builds up pretty quickly, so daily use probably isn't a good idea

I take 600 mg a day,orally, and after about three days, I noticed that any high that I experienced was gone. Guess I adapted pretty quickly. I did not, however, miss the sleepwalking, which is truly creepy. Had the same problem, BTW, with Chantix.

I hope you'll be patient with me; I'm brand new and I think I inadvertently replied to the wrong post. Very sorry.

The big red and white capsules are Lyrica 300's. The strongest available. Take it from someone who knows. Both generic and brand-name Lyrica look like that; brand name Lyrica has more of a blood-red colour, but still looks roughly the same.
75mg Lyrica capsules are also red and white although I suppose they aren't as big.

The 25mg ones are white and green (I think, haven't seen them for a long time).

I despise Lyrica! The worst sexual side effects I have ever experienced were from Duloxetine. Or, as it’s commonly known as........Cymbalta. Works well for neuropathic pain though.

Why do you despise Lyrica because you experienced sexual sides from duloxetine? Either you forgot to write something or you think they are related in some way. In any case your post as it is now doesn't make much sense.

^ me too - my libido seems to vanish when I take Pregabalin. don't think I've gained any weight though (I hope)

The maximum I've taken so far is 750mg. The effects last for a long time, so be careful if you need to do anything like driving the next day.

I think tolerance builds up pretty quickly, so daily use probably isn't a good idea

Tolerance builds with Lyrica maybe faster than any other drug. Good news is that tapering off it can go just as fast.