• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
v 1.0

So I finally got my Lyrica.
I immediately took 6 capsules (6x150mg) and an hour later a strong high came.
I was high for 4 hours approx.

When you read the other posts there is on blulight on Lyrica, it is always compared to GHB or XTC.
For me the effects are absolutely not like G or E.

The effects of Pregabalin are very similar to those of Tiagabine (Gabitril), but stronger and more enjoyable...
I would compare the effects to alcohol. When high on Lyrica, you feel drunk, you act like if you were drunk, etc...

The only two problems with Lyrica are:
-the loss of coordination (you can't walk straight)
-the double vision. sometimes your vision are so fukced that you can't read.

Another effect of Lyrica is its sedative property; it is only a slight sedation, if you need to stay awake, there will ne no problem.

When the effects wore off, I decided to shoot one capsule. That was fantastic, I felt so good!!
Now I will only use the lyrica IV.
(it is perfect for injection, you empty the capsule in the cup, and the only thing solublre id thre Pregabaline... So you shoot a very pure solution)

#I would like to read your experiences with Lyrica, if you have tried it.

#I would also like to know what you think of Lyrica? Its a shitty med?

#Or is it a drug of abuse of the future?

(in fact, I would like to hear everything you have to say about lyrica)

Attachments

• Pregabalin.jpg
    Pregabalin.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 424
Last edited by a moderator:
withdraw from this shit when you ot fibromyalgia is sucide. Can't keep the pain and self hypnosis doesn't help anymore.

Medication for nervepain really should be developped... im desesperate...
My doc is giving me fucking lyrica and that's all he does about my pain. And got some tramadol too but never feel anything from them. FUCK THAT SHIT

damn 2.0 already!?

i have a dr appnt on the 1st. im thinking about asking for a benzo. im pretty sure im going to have to do it. if lyrica does not begin working again after this break im taking then ill have to anyway, and even if it does work again i need something for the 1 week that i abstain from lyrica.

all in all, i pray to the mighty gods above that lyrica will work again after a 1 week break.

i have a dr appnt on the 1st. im thinking about asking for a benzo. im pretty sure im going to have to do it. if lyrica does not begin working again after this break im taking then ill have to anyway, and even if it does work again i need something for the 1 week that i abstain from lyrica.

all in all, i pray to the mighty gods above that lyrica will work again after a 1 week break.

I am on both Lyrica and Valium and experience significant cross-tolerance, so don't get your hopes up. I have found that all GABAgeric drugs to form tolerances really quickly, at least in my body. All I can suggest is that you try for a short acting benzo and only use it when absolutely necessary.

beginner lyrica question

ive got a couple of question regarding lyrica dosage.........docter suggest to split lyrica into 2 times daily but is it better to take it all at once.......whats best dosage for a beginner begin at 150 for the first couple of day then 300 and the 600 or should i go for 600 the first time...........i know that at lower dose it takes about a week to fully kick in but at larger dose for example 600 mg does it still take a week to kick in or you feel it right away............im gonna take it for anxiety and of course for the buzz do you suggest i take it everyday or only when needed so tolerance could theorically be controlled?????

start as low as possible. 150mg a day should be fine. work your way up to 300 when you find tolerance kick in.

ok so take 75 mg and 1 hour later another 75.................ok so your saying i should not go over 300 mg??

150mg of lyrica? You might as well drink a cup of coffee and have a cookie.

I would say 300mg would be a good starting dose for someone not tolerant to GABAergics. Also, this isn't an anti-depressant, you don't need to wait a long period of time to feel its effects. We're talking about recreational drugs, lyrica takes a long time to kick in and that is 1-1.5hours oral. I have a mild GABA tolerance and find 900-1200mg a good dose but have taken 2400mg before and had fun so I wouldn't say you are at risk of ODing and having a bad time. In any case you sound like you would really benefit from some drug/lyrica education so read the lyrica/pregabalin megathread and whatever you can on here. The only real negative side effect I have experienced when you are at the 1000mg plus range is joint pain.

I would think 450 would be recreational for someone like you with 300 being conservative but hey if 300 or 225 (I gather you have 75mg tabs) even works for you then great. The problem with starting low is that the half life is 5-6 hours and it takes a while to kick in so by the time you wait and don't feel much then wait for it to kick in your system has eliminated a decent amount, so start somewhere reasonable. Definitely don't start below 200 and feel free to go up to 600.

do you mean a short acting benzo OR to use a benzo short term? huge dif.

i think a long acting benzo used short term would be best.

ive taken 150-600mg of lyrica a day for 2 months without any wd besides feeling a little amotivated, spaced out in addition to how i felt before starting it.

the shit is fucking awesome. but in the end it made me feel worse.

i would much rather have it work again than take shitty ass xanax and/or klonopin. that shit kill my anxiety but makes me crash cars.

150mg of lyrica? You might as well drink a cup of coffee and have a cookie.

I would say 300mg would be a good starting dose for someone not tolerant to GABAergics. Also, this isn't an anti-depressant, you don't need to wait a long period of time to feel its effects. We're talking about recreational drugs, lyrica takes a long time to kick in and that is 1-1.5hours oral. I have a mild GABA tolerance and find 900-1200mg a good dose but have taken 2400mg before and had fun so I wouldn't say you are at risk of ODing and having a bad time. In any case you sound like you would really benefit from some drug/lyrica education so read the lyrica/pregabalin megathread and whatever you can on here. The only real negative side effect I have experienced when you are at the 1000mg plus range is joint pain.

I would think 450 would be recreational for someone like you with 300 being conservative but hey if 300 or 225 (I gather you have 75mg tabs) even works for you then great. The problem with starting low is that the half life is 5-6 hours and it takes a while to kick in so by the time you wait and don't feel much then wait for it to kick in your system has eliminated a decent amount, so start somewhere reasonable. Definitely don't start below 200 and feel free to go up to 600.

Recommending a person start at 300mg is not a good idea. Lyrica is a weird drug. When I was first prescribed it, 1 75mg capsule would do me good. Taking 900-1200mg of Lyrica in a day is insane and is just asking for problems. Please remember, this is harm reduction. Not "lets get high" forum. 8)

Recommending a person start at 300mg is not a good idea. Lyrica is a weird drug. When I was first prescribed it, 1 75mg capsule would do me good. Taking 900-1200mg of Lyrica in a day is insane and is just asking for problems. Please remember, this is harm reduction. Not "lets get high" forum. 8)

I'm just throwing my personal experience out there and even the first post talks about a 900mg experience and then advocates shooting the stuff, which we know to be very dangerous. I also have mixed a decent amount of booze, benzos, and in some cases opioids at 1000 and even 2000mg+ doses but I don't endorse that especially since theraputic dose lyrica could have played a small role in my fentanyl OD.

Anyway, 99% of threads on here are about recreational use, aka "lets get high but let's not die", so in a huge sense it is one- no reason to pretend otherwise. There are a small number of threads for recovering addicts and people who have genuine "on label" questions but they fall into that 1% or less which is not what he was talking about. I guess if you have a lot available you should consider starting low, but a bottle of lyrica goes really fast when you are using it to get high more than once a week.

Maybe the sensitivity thing has to do with what people perceive as the lyrica high. I notice a lot of people talk about very mild effects like slight mood lift and anxiety reduction. That sounds like every benzo dose I have ever taken and pretty boring. I guess those people fall into the group who find the benzo "high" recreational. I never have, and the appeal that lyrica had was that it can go beyond what any benzo can and I consider myself high only once the floor and everything around me starts undulating and I see colored lighting and become MDMA level social with a strong weightless feeling body high. For me that is only at 900mg+; At 450mg I might feel the same effects you consider a "high" from your lyrica experience. If you don't get the effects I describe then double your recreational dose and report back, you may have a very different opinion.

I use lyrica only as prescribed these days and it also happens to have an edge on and becomes synergistic with benzos for treating normal symptoms like anxiety and depression- but I would not call my 300mg dose recreational; I woudln't even notice it when I would go a few weeks without taking it.

Last edited:
Yeah dude, for a hardened drug addict such as myself 150 is low, but after seeing friends try this shit, 1 75mg capsule is plenty to roally fuck you up, especially if you are using multiple drugs or alcohol.

I would agree that the dosing with lyrica is highly variable.
My first time taking it I was on high dose opiates & took 150mg, it synergized nicely & worked great.
The next time I took it I was on a maintenance dose of opiates, went with 300mg & had an interesting high.
I've yet to take it on it's own & considering my current opiate dependency am unlikely to do so in the near future.
What I've noticed with it so far is that it's great for synergizing with other drugs.

Seeing as I've had a shit day (friend got baited & switched on a bun for me)
I'm actually considering throwing some into tonight's cocktail but always have a hard time deciding on the dose.
Regardless, it's besides the point just wanted to throw in the comments on variability & lyrica's great synergistic properties.

I use it for both purposes.
Recreational use will ruin its therapeutic potential so be careful if using large amounts more than once a week.
I find that to get "high" I need amounts on par with what Oxymorphone is suggesting, but "high" is subjective and I am used to doing a bunch of oxymorphone (the drug not the Bluelight member), so to get "high" requires a large amount of Lyrica and even then it's not that recreational.
I would say that 75-150mg is a good starting point if you find that benzo's do you well, and 300-600mg like OM said if benzo's don't really get you that high.

Oh and as far as using recreationally, the Pregabalin capsules can be opened, dissolved in water, and filtered to be added to a nasal solution with an opiate or MDMA (or both as in this past weekend) if you want a faster/ easier to titrate high.