• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

but once it's hit your brain, shouldn't the duration of effects be the same regardless of whether you've swallowed it in a capsule or not?

Squeaky summed it up pretty well. Kicks in quicker and wears off quicker and could feasibly induce more rapid tolerance as a result.

Pregabalin doesn't seem to suffer the same saturation effect as gabapentin but something like this probably contributes to the really rapid tolerance that you build to pregabalin whereby repeated high doses yield basically no effect. Imo, tolerance is not the only factor there.

ah I see. I remember back when I used to use kratom - most people used gelatin capsules - there was a theory going around that not all the capsules might dissolve and some would be excreted through your system intact, hence why we used to snip off the ends. Don't know whether there's any truth to that or if it was just paranoia

The gel capsules (probably all capsules) dissolve pretty quickly even in water. The possibility that they could pass intact is basically zero. It is however quite possible for one to dissolve and expose its contents an hour or so after the others you ingested have been difested. SO snipping the ends is not as crazy as it sounds.

^It wears off a lot quicker though ime.

It depends on the dose but I would wait at least 1 week. It only works days in a row if you massively escalate the dose. Not advised at all. It is what leads to dependance and the very difficult withdrawal.

Thanks a lot for information, I'm taking 75 mg 2 times a day. If I'll take 300 or 450 mg once a week or two while taking 2 of them everyday I'll have the same effect as for the first time or similar?

Dunno, but it's rarely gonna be like the first time/s. I am prescribed 150mg x 2 a day and maybe once week I'll take 450mg at once and get a mild wobbly high that goes nicely with some good weed. :) This doesn't change the limited benefit I get from Pregabalin daily dosing. If you were to regularly take 450mg, which is triple your regular dose, you will definitely experience tolerance build up and rapidly.

I pushed doses to silly levels and ended up in very acute withdrawal and it was a fucking nightmare so I have little inclination to abuse this drug, I just seriously warn anyone who thinks you can abuse this stuff to no ill effect. I've had trouble getting my dose below 300mg a day but as a reduction from 1200mg a day 6 months ago it's not too bothersome just staying like this. Though every few weeks I try to reduce by 75mg or so and struggle terribly with non-stop anxiety, so I just increase and feel fine pretty quickly. All in all, a drug not worth the side effects ime.

To sum it up, pregabalin is great for what it is perscribed for. That being said, the "high" one acheives is not worth it. It throws off the rest of your dosing schedule. It becomes more work then fun. The only thing people have going for them is the fact that although withdrawals suck, they pale compared to a real withdrawal such as one from benzodiazepines.

If a person simply trains themselves to use the correct perscribed dosage, it will go a long way and produce very good effects. Cheap buzzes are not worth it with this class of drug.

Lyrica wds are no joke. Its prescribed for nerve pain, insomnia, anxiety and depression, and a bunch of other stuff. Wds mean ALL of those problems come straight to you, and they last sometimes for months.
Its fun to play with for one day at a time, but daily use for even one week lead to acute wds. Not something to disrespect.
I have withdrawn from opiates, benzos, and Lyrica. This one is not life-threatening like benzodiazepines but it can make you wish you were dead.

I feel Pregabalin makes you calm and feeling bit drunk (300mg today, 1st time btw) and Phenibut only makes calm, not much of a 'high' there.

To sum it up, pregabalin is great for what it is perscribed for. That being said, the "high" one acheives is not worth it. It throws off the rest of your dosing schedule. It becomes more work then fun. The only thing people have going for them is the fact that although withdrawals suck, they pale compared to a real withdrawal such as one from benzodiazepines..

I dunno man, having been through withdrawal from both, I find Lyrica way worse. Not as dangerous but incredibly unpleasant and scary as fuck. I would take benzo withdrawal over it.

Of course, high doses cause worse withdrawal so if you keep dosing reasonable, and taper very gradually, it is not too bad but still utterly horrible.

I will give you a solid subjective on that one. You make some points. I'm just saying, abuse high dose Xanax for a month, and taper off in a few weeks. If I had to pick, it would be neither, but for only argument sake pregabalin is IMO lighter weight by comparison.

Either one can cause heavy dependance, very bad withdrawal, serious side effects, mental fuckery of all sorts. They both can scare you, leave you hurting mentally, psychologically, physically and in some not so rare cases kill you. Death is not fun. Abuse of either substance is highly discouraged.

I will give you a solid subjective on that one. You make some points. I'm just saying, abuse high dose Xanax for a month, and taper off in a few weeks. If I had to pick, it would be neither, but for only argument sake pregabalin is IMO lighter weight by comparison.

Either one can cause heavy dependance, very bad withdrawal, serious side effects, mental fuckery of all sorts. They both can scare you, leave you hurting mentally, psychologically, physically and in some not so rare cases kill you. Death is not fun. Abuse of either substance is highly discouraged.

can you die from Pregablin overdose or withdrawal?

can you die from Pregablin overdose or withdrawal?

I have never heard of purely pregabalin withdrawal by itself directly killing someone, althought it doesn't mean it is not impossible simply because someone has not done yet. Just to contradict myself, if iit were severe enough to throw someone into major epilepic fits, that could lead to it. That is a stretch but technically....

As far as overdose goes, CNS depression is the key there. No futher explanation needed. Many posts on this site cover how that works. And yes, enough pregabalin could lead to significant CNS depression.

I have never heard of purely pregabalin withdrawal by itself directly killing someone, althought it doesn't mean it is not impossible simply because someone has not done yet. Just to contradict myself, if iit were severe enough to throw someone into major epilepic fits, that could lead to it. That is a stretch but technically....

As far as overdose goes, CNS depression is the key there. No futher explanation needed. Many posts on this site cover how that works. And yes, enough pregabalin could lead to significant CNS depression.

I know you won't be able to give anything like a precise figure on overdosing, but do you think I'm skirting close to the wind with 1200mg?

I guess Preg's rapid tolerance is like a safety catch forcing you to take a break for a while which can't be a bad thing

I know you won't be able to give anything like a precise figure on overdosing, but do you think I'm skirting close to the wind with 1200mg?

I guess Preg's rapid tolerance is like a safety catch forcing you to take a break for a while which can't be a bad thing

The fact you are a Bluelighter makes me wonder if you know better then to ask this publicly, yet at all. Pardon the attitude, but any amount can fuck you up. The warnings with almost any drug start with " we don't know the exact mechanism of how this drug works "

So to get to the point for you quickly, yeah, 1200 mg of a drug that is prescribed in much lower amounts can cause all of what I posted a few posts ago.

You cannot rely on tolerance as a cushion for overdose. You can be the 1% where tolerance means absolutely nothing. Probably much higher then 1% but will leave it there.

Yeah..... Nobody really knows what a lethal dose of anything would be until a few people die from taking too much. I wouldnt want to be one of them who makes it into that kind of medical literature.

Plugging pregabalin will be extremely bad for you. It contains fillers very similar to talcom powder. You will get blood clots that can kill. I've seen it hapoen. Swim would encourage you to snort them if you are not happy by simply popping them, which on an empty stomach is as good as any other way

Hi, im newbie here. 39y/o male with no drugs abuse history.

Read some successful stories regarding withdrawing benzos with pregabalin (Valium +Kpin) so why not give it a try? Well soon i found that this was a huge mistake.

Been on it only 3 weeks (20days now), started from 75x2 and 2 more weeks with 150x2. Somehow i ve not been feeling right on it so i thought it was right to say bye pregabalin (made mu dumb and zombie). But 0.75mg Kpin reduced. So Monday i decided to take only 75mg for 4-5 days and quit. Oh yeah, morning 75mg (then benzo) only lasted like till afternoon when anxiety + hear racing feeling with hot flashes hit me. So 75mg and gone. Sleep is gone too. So Tuesday same scenario 75mg in the morning and need to up 75 late afternoon. Now is Wednesday, i ve not taken any yet (2 days i was taking them like at 6 am) cos have a day off, no food, no sleep, feel crap, headache. But must be functional. I have no many (30) 75mg pills left so how long would it take to feel ok on 75mgx2? Or just try tough it out and take when WD's hit really bad?

I can order some more but it takes time. But - whats the point doing weeks tapper if i been only it 20 days?

Im in deep ....