• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

can someone please help? i love using gabapentin, but i need something to use alternately as gabapentin build tolerance quick. i just got my hands on lyrica, can anyone give me advice on the best way to do this? i was planning on doing gabapentin 2days. then lyrica one day.

@Vic8

Gabapentin is basically a weaker Lyrica with lower Bioavailability so they're basically sharing the same tolerance. Stick to Lyrica since it's stronger - do you want to use it for medical or recreational purposes? If the latter then don't do it more then once a week/2 weeks or else you'll completely ruin your tolerance and from my experience it will be a bitch to get it back to baseline.

Lyrica is a weird drug, don't know exactly why but it's tolerance grows nearly as fast as for psychedelics. As for the dosage for recreational effect try 450mg at a time on an empty stomach. If it doesn't work try 600mg next time. I wouldn't recommend going past 750mg since some users have been reporting seizures in very high dosages.

I've bought a box here in the country of milano, read the leaflet.
It is sold as a drug acting on CSN, for epilepsy and GAD.
No mension to treatment of neuropathic pain or muscle relaxant properties, as use to think and use pregabalin

Lyrica (Pregabalin) has been popular in British prisons for some time now as it doesn't show up on mandatory drug tests. It was in prison that I first encountered the drug. This thread and it's predecessor have covered the majority of the issues around medical and recreational use of lyrica already but I will just chime in with what I learned about the use and withdrawal of it while in jail and since being prescribed it upon release.

Dosage wise, the accepted standard for a 'day out' in prison was 600mg. Myself, I found I could be acceptably high without being noticeably fucked on 300mg. Naturally all drugs affect different individuals in different ways, so a happy medium for anyone else will be different. Another standard practice when taking 'pregabs' in jail is to take them on an empty stomach and not eat until you have peaked or even not at all that day. With regards to tolerance it was advised not to take them 2 days in a row. I myself would generally only do them twice a week to ensure a decent buzz. I found the effects of pregabalin to be long lasting and a 600mg dose would carry over somewhat to the next day, with an elevated mood still. I think my highest dose was 2.25g, along with 300mg of codeine. The high from that was most comparable with taking mdma and acid with a hint of diazepam. I find in higher doses I get muscle spasms in my arms and legs which can take a day or two to wear off.

Pregabs in prison were noted among hardened drug users as having a 'dirty rattle', meaning the withdrawals were potentially unpleasant. On occasions where I had found myself bingeing for a couple of weeks (a fuckin great couple of weeks by prison standards lol) and stopped dead without any contingency in place I found myself feeling cold, depressed, utterly demotivated. The 'rattle' from pregabs was known to be very emotional, more so than physical. The withdrawal lasted around 3 days.

My advice would be take 600mg every 3 days and as stated in an earlier post don't run out coz the rattle is awful. It's always a good idea to start low as you can always add more but you can't take any away...

That being said, be safe and enjoy ?

Great post Prefabulous. Not much straight advice around here. Nice to hear someone with some REAL directions for this crap.

What is the best dosing schedule to get off on lyrica ? I know there is that absorption issue where u don't get as high ...and this is HR btw. If I don't get high on lyrica I will have to use other drugs like opiates or alcohol which are worse

Sepped King- what condition do you get prescribed Lyrica for?

First, I will admit, I occasionally use higher doses due to the extraordinary relief it provides, but in the long run, it is wasteful (for me). Tolerance is a B.

A main reason I don't push asking the doctor to raise my dose is eventually it will not work any more.
That' was in response to my original dialogue I had with you.

To answer your question, I have fibromyalgia, sciatica and three bulging disks in my back.

It works well. My goal is to slowly over a few months, lower my dosage (factoring in recreational tolerance). As someone with an actual need for it ATM, and representing H.R, I need to be able to lead by example.

I really like what Prefabulous had to say.

Last edited:
wow, maybe i need to start taking my lyrica again.. because i never felt it helped with my pain.. so it's just been piling up i my draw..

How are you doing? hope you are fine by now.
It would be interesting if you can describe whatever withdrawal symptoms you got and how they compared to an opioids withdrawal.

They felt just like opioid WD's. I used methylphenidate to cope them for 3 days they really helped and after that ended up using pod tea again for WD's, I used for 3 months and now I stop them. I have lyricas (and lots of other drugs) again for helping to cope wds and Im using them now as low as 225mg/day and it helps greatly no need to take more even that I've used that dose for 3 days already. But this time I use max. only 2 weeks and then I stop them and I'm not going to take mega doses, I don't even feel any need to take more. Last time I used almsot 2 months daily sometimes as high doses as 3g that was total waste and I dont reccomend to do it.

^Ooh, SK, harsh. Lol. Never see you on the pain threads any more. Hope that's bcos ur doing well��.

^^Neo, it's a little confusing when you say what may be wd symptoms from pregabalin are worse than opi wds,- then go on to post that you'd not bear to think of quitting poppy tea again.

Lyrica is excellent at covering opiate wd symptoms, I have previously posted many times how I've bridged between script.

Perhaps try to keep your binges of whatever substance to the lowest dose that works for you, & take a day or two off every now & then.

Hope you're feeling alright now. As an above poster asked, could you compare & describe the wd symptoms you're experiencing with lyrica to pod tea? Or are you unsure of what one you're actually wding from?

Rtp

I was not really sure if I was wd'ing from pod tea or pregabalin, but I felt like burning inside really nasty feelings on body. I don't recommend anyone ot take big dose for long periods. I think 2 week use i safe on lower doses? Pregabalin is maybe the best medication for opioid WD's, it really takes away almost all WD's, taking it with some stimulant like amphetamine you feel really good. But yes this time I take 2 days break after 1 week of 225mg daily dosing. I was prescripted pregabalin for general anxiety. Now I quited 3 months use of pod tea again, I wouldn't go through the wd's if I didn't have pregabalin.

Last edited:
I have prescribed one cap of 300mg pregabalin each 12 hours and too a strong benzo. Pregabalin is a mood balancer like all antiepileptics. Here in jail people open the caps and snort the powder

I have prescribed one cap of 300mg pregabalin each 12 hours and too a strong benzo. Pregabalin is a mood balancer like all antiepileptics. Here in jail people open the caps and snort the powder

yeah there's a big problem in Ireland with people snorting pregabs or buds as they call them; there's a documentary on it on BBC iPlayer.
and wait, you say you're in jail Raf? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

yeah there's a big problem in Ireland with people snorting pregabs or buds as they call them; there's a documentary on it on BBC iPlayer.
and wait, you say you're in jail Raf? ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

It doesnt evne work when snorte, so must be placebo.

It doesnt evne work when snorte, so must be placebo.

you can but it actually has a lower BA than oral, and then of course you get the drip.
its not something that i would do myself tho, i don't snort pills.༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

If you weighed that cap and then took 100mg - 300mgs out of total, it might curb people's appetite.

Lyrica is a great medication, but to not have a BL standard issue, side effect issue with it. If

that means microdosing idosage my goal),,
That is what I'll do, for science and HR.
Sounds like a good experiment .

^ microdosing pregabalin? that is pretty interesting SK, what would you be hoping to attain from it though? energy/creatiivity boost? improved sleep? or just for the benefit of mankind?

i'm starting to feel the benefits myself since i started taking mine a few weeks ago - they're not Lyrica as they're too low a dose, mine are just called Pregabalin Milpharm - i take 75mgs twice a day and i do sleep a bit better and i do think i'm a bit more active than i used to be?

I just feel the risks outweigh the benifits at this point. To make a blanket statement out of this, through training, your brain may become sensitized to it. Microdosing seems to work with other drugs (to a point).

I just feel the risks outweigh the benifits at this point. To make a blanket statement out of this, through training, your brain may become sensitized to it. Microdosing seems to work with other drugs (to a point).

i fully support your decision SK; i got you, i got you.
༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

does lyrica work for you? i have a lot of it, maybe i need to try it again.. how much do you take to feel it?

Its not really a mood stabilizer ala carbamazepine or divalproex. Helps with anxiety ans sleep if looking for its psychiatric uses but mood balancing is a no.