• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Thats sucks to hear about your ladies AE, i'd be spewin about that :! Glad to hear 2 pulled through for you. If you wanna throw any shots up just email me whenever you want and I'll do so.

Not to sure on the Auto's and which ones have the least amount of smell. IMO though your larger girls are going to smell more then the auto's no matter which strains your growing. One Auto that ive got my eye on is Automatic Blueberry. I think it could be worth growing out.

Looking forward to watching your grow get started, im very keen to see how you do. I love a good outdoor grow =D

BTW exellent choice with the Headband selection. Ive heard some very good things about it. Which seed comp did you get it through? Feel free to PM me.

K heres some photos of my baby shes still stretching alot!but bad news i have to move out by the 23rd at the latest :( so i think im gonna have to make oil out of her....is it worth turning her into oil?

http://img228.imageshack.us/i/img0240t.jpg/

http://img837.imageshack.us/i/img0243yr.jpg/

http://img404.imageshack.us/i/img0239bv.jpg/

What does this mean???over fertilized?

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/img0241qm.jpg/

stright after these photos i bent the stems a little i did that on my last plant and seemed to make them grow a bit faster?

hey yall i got a light from a parking lot, 175 watt MH internal ballast light fixture.
it broke it off and it has 2 wires sticking out.

you think if i just splice a plug onto the 2 wires it should work?

should i add a ground wire and get a 3 prong plug cuz i think i saw a llittle piece of the ground wire inside the fixture which i may have ripped out.

im stoked to hook this bad boy up

maybe ill get some pics

question number 2

whats anybody's position on naphtha hash

Last edited:
You shouldnt have any problems with temps if your only running CFL's. I probabaly wouldnt be to concerned about the smell either.

Thanks dude, done a lot of Reading on cfls and the general feeling I get is that they don't give off an excess amount of heat, which is good as I'm only growing 2! Another question I want to put out there is regarding soil. I would like to use the same soil throughout my plants growth from seedlings to flowering to reduce stress levels when moving the plants. I have bio-bizz all mix soil and bio-bizz bloom feed and grow feed, should I be ok just using these? Or are there other products I should use such as other fertilizers etc? Thanks in advance!

Sue just those 3 products will grow some excellent herb, used bio biz for years and still think it produces the best aromas/tastes although the plant magic range is meant to be very good too. :)

just feed water (rain water is best although you can mix 1:1 with tap water or just use tap water) and repot regularly until you're in the pot for flowering and then start using the nutrients... a good grower can look at the plant and know what it needs or doesn't need...yellowing of the lowest leaves is an indication that hte plant has used most of the available nutrients and has started to move the nutrients to the growth tips... this is when you need to start adding nutrients.... some strains like blueberry can be very fussy when it comes to nutrients... others like nothern lights/skunk/afghani hybrids can take a lot of abuse which is why these strains are often recommended to new growers as you really have to fuck up to not get some sort of harvest...

Looking forward to watching your grow get started, im very keen to see how you do. I love a good outdoor grow =D

BTW exellent choice with the Headband selection. Ive heard some very good things about it. Which seed comp did you get it through? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks. I'll definitely post lots of photos when I get the greenhouse grow up and running. I just hope I manage to build it okay and get though the grow without any interference from my busybody neighbor. Because I'm currently not employed in an office job and am about to start a correspondence course (and will possibly work for Google freelance part time in the next few weeks), which means I don't go out the door from 9AM-5PM like most people, my neighbour has decided that I'm scum of the earth and a benefits cheat (he knows absolutely nothing about my personal circumstances - this is just pure speculation on his part). He said to me today that I should 'hang my head in shame' because I've made the taxpayer pay for the greenhouse I'm currently constructing! So I worry he might take the opportunity to call the police to report me for growing weed if he can. I'll just have to put shading on the greenhouse and use a carbon filter, I guess.

I haven't bought the Headband yet actually, but when I do it'll be from Attitude, most likely, as I can get a 10% discount from them and usually freebies which are often autos.

hey yall i got a light from a parking lot, 175 watt MH internal ballast light fixture.
it broke it off and it has 2 wires sticking out.

you think if i just splice a plug onto the 2 wires it should work?

should i add a ground wire and get a 3 prong plug cuz i think i saw a llittle piece of the ground wire inside the fixture which i may have ripped out.

im stoked to hook this bad boy up

maybe ill get some pics

question number 2

whats anybody's position on naphtha hash

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. I personally wouldn't risk using it. You won't be able to grow much with that light to be honest (definitely not more than 150g IMO). Is it just for propagation?

It would help if you could post a photo of it.

well it would supplement my veg, which is currently shop lights so i think it would be a happy addition for the plants.

so i wired it up ground hot and neutral and plugged it in
it worked for about a minute then died.
now it just hums but no light.....
wtf did i do?

no the ballast is still humming like it would if the light were on, just no light like the voltage is too low.....
and thanks but useless speculation is not of any use to me

dude chill out, ive had ballasts burn out and still hum, take it to a grow shop and have it fixed, one of the components in the ballast blew or something.

If the soil/compost you used contains nutrients, which I suspect it does (what soil is it?), then it should contain enough nutrients for about two weeks before your next pot up. The only time you would need to add nutrients is a couple of weeks after your last pot up, in flower or if you're using a 'light mix' soil that is low in nutrients. Read your plants. If they're telling you they need a feed, feed them. Always try and get away with using the least amount of fertiliser as possible, for a better tasting bud. 90% of the time inexperienced growers end up using too much fertiliser at some point in their grow, so do your self a favour and avoid doing this.[/QUOTE

thanks, the soil im using is bio all mix, so she should be ok if i just water her with the rain water, im thinking of keeping her in veg for another 2 wks then turn her, so hopefully i wont need to re pot her again as the pot she is in took 35ltrs of soil and i dont fancy having to try and turn it upside down to move her, i want to use Canna terra flores, for flower as i used it last TIME and it went well till i fucked it up , lesson learnt!!

Sue just those 3 products will grow some excellent herb, used bio biz for years and still think it produces the best aromas/tastes although the plant magic range is meant to be very good too. :)

just feed water (rain water is best although you can mix 1:1 with tap water or just use tap water) and repot regularly until you're in the pot for flowering and then start using the nutrients... a good grower can look at the plant and know what it needs or doesn't need...yellowing of the lowest leaves is an indication that hte plant has used most of the available nutrients and has started to move the nutrients to the growth tips... this is when you need to start adding nutrients.... some strains like blueberry can be very fussy when it comes to nutrients... others like nothern lights/skunk/afghani hybrids can take a lot of abuse which is why these strains are often recommended to new growers as you really have to fuck up to not get some sort of harvest...

nice one thanks for the info dude. So you would suggest leaving out all nutrients untill the flowering stage, unless I find signs that the ladies obviously need nutrients such as yellowing of the leaves before the flowering period? Sorry for coming across as thick but I want to get this right with minimal fuck-up! Lol

my tent has just arrived, not been this excited since Christmas : )

1,000 posts reached, so to the archive it goes. Please continue the discussion in the new incarnation of this thread: Mark 2