• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't jump to conclusions by thinking that any kind of stress willy nilly on a plant will cause a plant to become more resinous because one kind of mechanical stress may happen to be beneficial.
You are the only one in this thread who has jumped to conclusions about this topic of cutting a branch. Noone here has tried it. Please try to conduct yourself in a more professional manor.

I'm thinking of just ignoring you if you're claiming that depriving a plant of water benefits in any way.
Yes, I am claiming that, because I have tried it several times myself and it does produce results for me. If that's a problem for you then yes, please do ignore me. I would rather conduct conversations with someone more civil anyway.

Sorry but isn't it obvious? Can't you work that out for yourself? Do I really need to spell it out to you so you understand the potential legal benefits of grafting? I was introducing a concept and the benefits of having fewer plants etc. should be obvious.
NO, it's not obvious that the legal benefits require you to hold a grafted mother for 10 years. Your argument requires much more manual labor than you are claiming, not to mention TIME. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

NO, it's not obvious that the legal benefits require you to hold a grafted mother for 10 years. Your argument requires much more manual labor than you are claiming, not to mention TIME. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Yeah, grafting is pointless, there's no benefit in doing it 8)

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Of course it's obvious what the legal benefits are! If you tell someone you can graft cannabis cuttings it's not difficult for the average person to work out what the legal benefits are. I never said you needed to 'hold a grafted mother for 10 years'. I was only giving an example of the potential legal benefits since you seem unable to work out why someone would graft cannabis to keep plant numbers down.

You have a mother onto which you graft clones from plants you like. This allows you to keep your favoured clones on one plant if they're grafted onto it. If you are incapable of understanding the benefit of this then you're a lost cause.

Now, I've had enough of your BS thank you very much. If you are unable to understand it then so be it. I haven't got time to keep explaining this to you.

Last edited:
I told a friend of mine (about stalk piercing) who has a lot more experience growing than I do and all he did was laugh and said "ya go ahead cut your your stalks and stress the shit out of your plants..let me know how it goes..bwuahahaha" made me feel like a fool for even suggesting something like that. The only time I deprive it of water is the last few days before they get cut, that's just so there isn't an abundance of water available because then it will take longer to dry..really though, at the end..(last 2 weeks), they don't use as much water anyway.!

As far as super-cropping..that is one of least stressful ways to get a plant bushy without slowing down growth, by moving the top out of the way, its allows so much more light penetration to the lower side braches and main stem shoots..those shots along the main stem actually stand straight up and you get a nice row of fat buds along the main stem. ..the bulge on the stem is the plant repairing itself and making that branch stronger, it's really not that stressed, it send energy to that spot, but it continues to grow..once u hack to top of the plant off...it STOPS growth entirely for up to 2 weeks. I use super-cropping exclusively now, no more topping for me thx!

Don't worry about it. There's a load of BS on the net and sometimes it's hard to decipher the good from the bad.

I love supercropping, myself too. There is a special way of doing it so it doesn't snap completely. It takes a bit of practice though.

So has anyone tried piezoelectric foggers? How did you prevent the fog from just sitting there in the bowl (or whatever the fogger is sitting it)? I've directed a clip on fan attached to the tent pole over the bowl to blow the fog out. I've put it on a timer so that the fogger is only on during the light period since obviously the RH is lower when the temperature is higher during the lights on period.

Also, I just got a new 1kW magnetic ballast. I was wondering if anyone has managed to measure the amount of power in kw the magnetic ballasts dissipate vs what an electronic/digital ballast uses? The manufacturers obviously make claims about their digital ballasts but I'd like to hear from someone who's done the measurements themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, grafting is pointless, there's no benefit in doing it 8)

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Of course you don't need to have the grafted for ten years! It was just a fucking example. You're not making any sense at all.

You have a mother onto which you graft clones from plants you like. This allows you to keep your favoured clones on one plant if they're grafted onto it. If you are incapable of understanding the benefit of this then you're a lost cause.

Now, I've had enough of your BS thank you very much.
You are not understanding what I am trying to tell you.

Grafting has many uses.

But , when one of them is to have ONE and ONLY mother which you depend on for 10 YEARS, it does become quite the frustrating task as you can imagine if the plant where to die, you would have to start all over again.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

You are not understanding what I am trying to tell you.

Grafting has many uses.

But , when one of them is to have ONE and ONLY mother which you depend on for 10 YEARS, it does become quite the frustrating task as you can imagine if the plant where to die, you would have to start all over again.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Growing weed in a coutry where it is illegal gives you an incentive to keep numbers down. And if you want you can have two plants, even in two cabinets if you want. I know people that have kept plants alive for decades since they know what they're doing. So the small risk of the plants dying is worth it when getting caught with say 25 plants will get you a prison sentence, possible a substantial one if you've been caught before.

If you don't want to graft, don't. I don't really care.

^^Yep..you pinch the stem gently til you feel it push in, then slowly and gently start bending it over, you can even put a stake in and tie it. I've had ones straighten themselves back out HAHA. I've also snapped them before and immediately used duct tape or electrical tape and made like a band-aid, then plant completely healed itself, it made a huge bump around the wound after about a week..it actually broke through the tape!! But, my point is that if you do snap it, as long as it doesn't completely seperate, you can band-aid it and the plant will repair itself. It does take practice though that's for sure, but super-cropping is cool because its something you can keep doing through the plants life. Once you top once or twice that's it, you can keep bending and tying even well into flowering.
Totally. I try not to supercrop a couple weeks prior to harvest though...just seems like a bit too much stress on them at that time. as for the water i deprive during the last week, i'm in 4 and 5 gallon buckets which take 5 days to dry out anyway, so the stress given to them is minimal as well. Some strains like white widow really do like to shine after a long season and a brief dry period prior to harvest. Just my experience.

Growing weed in a coutry where it is illegal gives you an incentive to keep numbers down. And if you want you can have two plants, even in two cabinets if you want. I know people that have kept plants alive for decades since they know what they're doing. So the small risk of the plants dying is worth it when getting caught with say 25 plants will get you a prison sentence, possible a substantial one if you've been caught before.

If you don't want to graft, don't. I don't really care.
That makes sense. I have never seen a grow that you speak of (having one mother ONLY for 10 years), but I am sure it can be done if done with patience and care. Good luck.

I think it depends on the grower to be honest.

It is true however that plants can only be cloned for a certain number of years, whether they're grafted or not. Eventually they'll reach senescence. This is how the orignal Skunk #1 died.

So at the end of the day they'll die eventually whatever you do.

Hey guys, been having drooping leaves.
The Lower Leaves on some of the plants are yellow/brown but not crispy.
Alot of the fan leaves seem to be drooping down, and the newer sets of leaves really seem to be curling upward(length of leaf)...but drooping downward(stem)
Alot of the drooping leaves have purpling at the top of the stem, Ive been making sure they don't get over nuted. Wondering if they got too much Nitrogen maybe?

The Northern lights are about 12 inches tall now, Should I repot them into 3 gals , or wait a little longer? And its JUST the lower leaves that seem to be yellowing, maybe the NL is rootbound?. I know my last plant was rootbound.

Ill try to post pics soon, been really busy as of late, trying to keep up with taking care of everything.

Some chlorosis is normal and can be safely ignored. It depends on the extent really. Yellowing of the lower leaves is very normal and is no cause for concern for sure. Photos would really help.

Too much nitrogen causes the leaves to go a deep green colour so I doubt it's that. The purple could be from the cold however.

As for potting up, it depends on what size pots they're in. If they're in pots much smaller than three gallons you need some steps in between.

You'll know if it's rootbound by looking to see if the roots are circling or not.

Well, they are currently in 1 gal pots.
I was going to switch to 3 gal pots, as they are getting larger, and I didn't know when I should switch them.
They started in a peat cup, two weeks, then they have been in the 1 gal ever since. They are sucking up the water VERY quickly, 1 1/2 days and the pots as light as it was before I watered them. its weird.(only on the larger ones)

And I'd say theres probably 3 larger fan leaves on the bottom of each plants going yellow and necrotic.

Also, I topped one of my plants properly, the other I screwed up, chopped off some leaves , and only one stem came back up from that, should I just leave it as is? I know topping makes smaller buds, but , I was just looking for more tops, I guess my Top bud isn't gonna be much anymore, thats alright.

Is it coco? Sorry I can't remember. If it is, then yes they can go straight into the 3 gallon pots as you don't need to pot up using this medium. Otherwise, if it's a potting compost/soilless mix is needs to one step inbetween i.e. 6L so that would be about 2 gallons. You'll find your yield will be up if you do this.

The yellowing of the leaves sounds normal and nothing to worry about but I'd need to see a photo.

I would definitely leave the plant before you top it again. Give it about a week to heal if you can IMO, although you could do it now if you wanted.

I've found a hyroponic fungi that's not suspended in a liquid, which should make it more stable. Significantly, it's not marketed towards people growing illicit cannabis. This is important, since they're far more likely to be honest about what their products can and cannot do. I've been in contact with commercial glasshouse growers a major glasshouse when I was doing work experience (they produce much of the UKs vegetables hydroponically in rockwool drip irrigation). They did confirm that Viresco products, particularly their fungi are used by commercial fruit and vegetable growers which is reassuring since they wouldn't use a product that doesn't work or isn't cost effective.

I bought their fungi, which as said, comes as a powder and has 5g active microbial mix plus 45g soluble humate. The humate they use is unusually high in fulvic acid compared to humic acid, making it more effective. Using this product has been shown to increase yield by approximately 30% in cucumber trials and reduced nutrient use by 25%. Although they haven't done trials with cannabis, I'm hoping I'll get at least some benefit. I'll try and report back on my findings after this grow. It only cost me £19.90 and treats 1000L, so it's pretty good value for money if it does work IMO.

Take a look at the data sheet/instructions which came with the product that I've attached on to this post.

Last edited:
Also, the very edges of the fan leaves are getting burned(brown) , the whole way down the leaf), Ill be getting pics tonight

^^cool! I would also recommend "EM" to anyone. It is a mixture on anaerobic bacteria and fungi that does wonders in soil, hydro, and foliar feedings.

Micro Grows

I'm not really sure where to begin. The basic idea is to grow between 1-6 plants in as small a space, for as little money, as possible.

Some questions.. What is the minimum amount of light needed per plant? would 2 100 W HPS hung vertically between the plants, with straight florescent across the top hack it? How much room would this box require? If each plant were 1' wide and 2' tall, a 4' x 3' x3' should work, right? Could it be smaller?

X=plant
O=HPS hung vertically between plants
unseen are fluorescents across the top

X---X---X
--O---O--
X---X---X

Access to clones would not be a problem, so the plants could be kept small and on a tight schedule. IE Stock with 6" clones, veg for 1-2 weeks, flower. The vertical lighting is very interesting because it doesn't waste any lumens from bouncing them off a hood.

Another idea is 4 plants clustered around a 250-400 HPS

X---X
--O--
X---X

Thanks!

Last edited:
fuck you spider mites!
NSFW:
neem2.jpg

Micro Grows

I'm not really sure where to begin. The basic idea is to grow between 1-6 plants in as small a space, for as little money, as possible.

Some questions.. What is the minimum amount of light needed per plant? would 2 100 W HPS hung vertically between the plants, with straight florescent across the top hack it? How much room would this box require? If each plant were 1' wide and 2' tall, a 4' x 3' x3' should work, right? Could it be smaller?

X=plant
O=HPS hung vertically between plants
unseen are fluorescents across the top

X X X
O O
X X X

Access to clones would not be a problem, so the plants could be kept small and on a tight schedule. IE Stock with 6" clones, veg for 1-2 weeks, flower. The vertical lighting is very interesting because it doesn't waste any lumens from bouncing them off a hood.

Another idea is 4 plants clustered around a 250-400 HPS

X X
O
X X

Thanks!
I'll save you some trouble and tell you to not buy a HPS without a capacitor. Basically anything under 250w HPS, does not come equipped with one, so you end up with a hotter light, which takes more Amps to run it. Get a 250 or higher.

As for your layout, it looks pretty good.

wolf- don't forget an emulsifier with that neem. also get some roesmary oil and dilute it to 12% you will be kicking some spidermite ass. i have that dynagrow neem but i have not used it. I used einstein oil. it was free. but damn that shits expensive.
i fucked them up

prelude-
i cant see but that sounds like mag or cal Def. get some magical or some CaMg+ and it will stop dead in its tracks. it wont go away where it has already happened though.

Last edited:
I've been told that sponges soaked in a neem solution and hung next to buds is a good preventative if yo have a recurring spider mite problem. Also, spraying the plants daily with a compost tea/EM solution will help prevent all types of infestation by populating the plants with pro-biotics.

Thanks for the reminder on the rosemary and emulsion with the neem Arob! You are right about the expense on it too. My grow store was having a 25% off sale on the stuff so I went ahead and got 32 oz of pure neem; I should be good for awhile anyhow.

I went ahead and made a solution around 1 part neem, 1 part emulsion, 1 part rosemary to 100 parts water and soaked/sprayed all leaves (top and bottom) on clones, and non-flowering plants. This in conjunction with my 1 part iso, 1 part water spray mix should take care of most issues I am running into I greatly suspect. Thanks again. I finally have a neem solution!!!