• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-Methyl-MDA Thread

I should be getting some within the week.
The fact that it substitutes not only for MDMA and MDA but also for DOI and LSD makes me think it'll be more psycvhedelic than MDA.

I think the suggestion to start at 1mg was good advice.
And then work up slowly, shulgin style.

we all look forward to your findings.

Last edited:
I'm still not sold on this one personally :/

Definitely let us know though

yeah i personally like MDA more than MDMA, i get a much harder roll+euphoria, the ALMOST perfect amount of psychedlia (for the type of experience) and almost no "Cracked out" feeling. 2ci is nice because its like a slightly more stimulating, psychedelic MDA, but the body load compared to MDA is ridiculous. more psychedelia would be nice, as long as the body load doesnt accompany it. Cant wait to hear what the 5-methyl is like youre a champ ;)

this stuff would be delicious to try.
I knew someone who had a 500g quantity on his way to him
but it was unfortunately confiscated by customs...

to try this stuff would be simply divine.

I got a bit of this as well.
The fact that it substitutes not only for MDMA and MDA but also for DOI and LSD makes me think it'll be more psycvhedelic than MDA.

I think the suggestion to start at 1mg was good advice.
And then work up slowly, shulgin style.

we all look forward to your findings.

Hey now, you promised to investigate this one as well! LOL

And it subs for MDA, MMAI, DOI, and LSD, not MDMA, which makes for an interesting effect.

^^^ but you realize that is in rats or some other mammal with a completely different brain than humans right?

Certain chemicals are know to be sedative to humans but stimulants in other animals and vice versa. I can't remember now but look it up.

Not trying to sound rude but just thought that needed to be said.

anyways I'd be happy to try some of it, although I honestly don't know if it would be a good thing if it hit the same market that mephedrone etc... did.

there is not enough positives versus negatives, (ie 15 year old kids eating 2 grams a night) to make that worth it....

There's no way it would have action even remotely similar to drone... its going to most likely be a mix between MDMA and MDA, just much much more potent... Probably more hallucinogenic.

There's no way it would have action even remotely similar to drone... its going to most likely be a mix between MDMA and MDA, just much much more potent... Probably more hallucinogenic.

Have you initiated your trials yet?

^^^ but you realize that is in rats or some other mammal with a completely different brain than humans right?

This, and there's also the fact that everyone's assuming that its failure to substitute for amphetamine is a good thing. I have a feeling we're going to be left with another MDAI/MDAT/IAP here; a relatively non-neurotoxic and extremely effective serotonin releaser without the DA/NE effects to give it any kind of real "magic", as MDxA have. Something like that isn't inherently bad, but it is a disappointment when you're looking for something that effectively serves as an alternative to MDxA. And even if it does have some more psychedelic effects than the aforementioned drugs, how tiny is the possibility that it's even remotely comparable to "traditional" psychedelics, or even 2C-x? Is an MDA with significantly diminished entactogenic properties desirable enough to stand out compared to other compounds? I don't know.

I'm far from an expert, but the more I read about this one, the less confident I get about it being close to MDA.

5-Methyl-MDA acts as a selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA) with IC50 values of 107 nM, 11,600 nM, and 1,494 nM for serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine efflux.[1]

Wiki.

Also, if you compare the images of the two chemicals, 5-Methyl-MDA is literally ridiculously close to MDA in structure. MMAI, 5-IAI, MDAT, etc., are nowhere near the structure.

This is really just 3,4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine if I'm finally starting to learn how to read these - it has a methylenedioxy ring on the 3,4 position of the phenethlyamine ring and a methyl attached to the 5th position of said ring.

This is really just 3,4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine if I'm finally starting to learn how to read these - it has a methylenedioxy ring on the 3,4 position of the phenethlyamine ring and a methyl attached to the 5th position of said ring.

You seem to be reading it right, but that name is wrong. It's really 3-methyl-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine. Why don't you just go ahead and take it?

Last edited:
7 days is too long :!

You will be fine to try it this weekend =D

even so, that fact that it is substituting for psychedelics even more so than empathogens makes me think that it will likely be psychedelic.

You seem to be reading it right, but that name is wrong. It's really 3-methyl-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine. Why don't you just go ahead and take it?

Because I've been taking too many things lately. I need a break. And its not helpful if 15mg does nothing to me because of tolerance so someone takes 15mg and gets sick and everyone blames me! :p

I'm no chemist, but I doubt the methyl at the 5 position will lead to an overwhelming increase in potency a la TMA-2 to DOM, simply because the change in substituents is at the fifth rather than the magical fourth position. Though I think there's a chance that it'll be more potent than MDA or MMDA, I doubt it'll be super (1-3mg) potent.

I'm no chemist, but I doubt the methyl at the 5 position will lead to an overwhelming increase in potency a la TMA-2 to DOM, simply because the change in substituents is at the fifth rather than the magical fourth position. Though I think there's a chance that it'll be more potent than MDA or MMDA, I doubt it'll be super (1-3mg) potent.

The speculation is 15-25mg for a dose... which compared to MDA is a good ten-fold increase in potency, depending on how much you typically consume (250mg of MDA is not unheard of for me as a starter dose)