• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

tumblr

I'm still undecided what blog to go with. This is what I've found so far with my limited tinkering...

Tumblr
Pros - customizable, iPhone app, free domain mapping
Cons - relatively new (concerned it may lose funding/disappear)

Posterous
Pros - customizable, domain mapping
Cons - very new, WTF kind of name is Posterous?

Blogger/Blogspot
Pros - very easy to use, customizable, domain mapping, Google owns it
Cons - no iPhone app

Wordpress
Pros - been around for a long time, lots of modules/widgets designed just for WP
Cons - $$$ pay for domain mapping, custom templates and anything else interesting

That actually helps me, but I still don't get it :D.

I mean it (everyone's tumbler page here) is very pretty to look at. But I still don't understand how this is any different from Blogger?

Is it that people don't post blog-sized text on it (it seems to be more picture-oriented)?

Or is it more ADD, phone-app friendly? :D

I mean I might make one, but I still don't "get" it... lol.

That actually helps me, but I still don't get it :D.

I mean it (everyone's tumbler page here) is very pretty to look at. But I still don't understand how this is any different from Blogger?

Is it that people don't post blog-sized text on it (it seems to be more picture-oriented)?

Or is it more ADD, phone-app friendly? :D

I mean I might make one, but I still don't "get" it... lol.

I've seen blog-sized text on some. A lot of people do mainly use it for eye-candy though--I think that's the big appeal. And that the whole interface is very customizable.

BTW: Anyone who's "followed" me within the past week or so: I will check out your tumblr soon! I'm behind on everything, lol.

i reccomended tribal girl's tumblr to the tumblr authorities, because i think it's that awesome
<3

^Woo-hoo! I will have to look up how to do that and recommend it too!! :)

i totally forgot how i did it...i was just looking at the reccomended blogs and then i clicked something and it was like "Do you want to recommend a blog?" and i was like FUCK YES TRIBAL GIRL

^Woo-hoo! I will have to look up how to do that and recommend it too!! :)

i totally forgot how i did it...i was just looking at the reccomended blogs and then i clicked something and it was like "Do you want to recommend a blog?" and i was like FUCK YES TRIBAL GIRL

Aw, you guys. :) <3

I think it's only every Tuesday or something. I'm sure I was on there last week and there was a lil' box to the right which read, "it's Tuesday, time to recommend a blog". Or summink like that anyway.

kenickie has a new theme... I need an even better new theme!

The themes drive me crazy. I can spend ages siftin' through all the options cuz I'm so damn fussy. Both of your themes are cool though. I like the ones where you see all the boxes together, ones with an archive button, and preferably something which can be customised slightly. My current one won't allow me to add my own background which is infuriating cuz it's dull. But I sure as hell ain't going through the list of themes again for a while as I drove myself stir crazy yesterday.

Also, I recommend http://somehillbilly.tumblr.com/. We're forever reblogging and liking each others posts so I give a thumbs up to her/him (I've not decided on the gender yet).

And I now have another obsession - www.listal.com. Holy crap, keep me away from all those damn photos. :X

tumblr_lbu1vtzubg1qdhmifo1_500.png

Whoa, I do like Keni's theme.........I like that you can see her Likes on the side:)

lol

the themes fucking drive me insane too, lol and that somehillbilly is totally awesome :D

Whoa, I do like Keni's theme.........I like that you can see her Likes on the side:)

yeah that was the tipping point on that one, and i like the colours and the EXCITING YELLING FONT.

but you know i could spend all day searching through that fucking theme list. :!

Huh, someone stopped following me. It was either the Drew Barrymore marathon, or the gender bending photos of women that did it. LOL. Who needs 'em. =D

Wasntme:)
I liked the Drew Barrymore marathon..........
And I like the gender bending photos of women...........
I like it all :)

yeah, who would stop following tg? her photos rule!

and ocean, i love the photos of houses you post...they are awesome..

So I made a page and "followed" those of you whom I already have on FB. Yet, only one of you (<3) followed me back, bastards!

My thingy uses brown text and my old(er) BL avatar.

i must be really fucking self absorbed, but i get all excited when i post something and then when i check back later that evening it's been reblogged tons of times. amirite? it's like, fucking cool, people like the same stuff i do!

(even if it's 12year olds reblogging the fang banger picture lol)

^I noticed you were saying you haven't seen True Blood......and you started reading the books.
GO RENT SEASON ONE NOW! :D
If you don't become obsessed I will be shocked. That show is addictive, fun, hilarious, and Eric is hotter than hot! <3 (after the hair cut)
The fangbanger thing you posted was cute.
I went tumblr crazy last night- I was on for hours.............
I just wish I could write comments to things people post besides just <3ing :)

Oh, and I submitted TG !!:)

so we watched like the first 4 episodes last night after i finished the first book (and put book two on hold at the library! ;)) and i've got the rest of season one and two on Pander's laptop to breeze through today while he's at work. I've seen a couple episodes scattered through the years, and I do remember the episode where Eric gets his haircut! LoL and people thinking they were gay for each other in the track suits? LOL anyway

ocean i agree, sometimes i really want to leave comments and can't :| i started following this new person and all of his/her stuff is so freaking cute i want to hump their leg. (the person i got the Kstew Morrissey quote from) BUT I CANNOT TELL HER THESE THINGS. well i guess, that's what ask me boxes are for?

hm.

TG I SUBMITTED YOU AGAIN TOO. TG GONNA BE INTERNET POPULAR.

^ :) Yeah....There is a girl I wanna talk to on Tumblr too and can't :( Makes me sad.

I couldn't stop last night when I found a few new things on there- then started following a couple new ones and got SUCKED IN for literally HOURS and my eyes were crossing I was so tired but couldn't peel away:D hahaha

What are you putting TG under- Entertainment or Personalities or what? So I am sure to list her under the same when I suggest her again.............