• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does powder MDMA go bad?

Dr.Gonzo666

Bluelighter
I have had this nearly pure, greyish-white MDMA powder for a few months now.
Immediately after I bought it, I had my first roll on 200mg. Magic experience! The euphoria, the love, the music...
I rolled on the same dose or slightly higher 2 other times and got the same effects...

But the last two times, after again taking 200-250mg, I had very weak rolls. It was like I spent the whole experience waiting for the peak to come and it never quite happened...

The first time, I decided to redose 200mg and I finally reached a peak, but i wan't nearly as enjoyable as the first time.
The second time, I didn't need to redose, but the peak was again weak and frustrating.

I wouldn't say I lost the magic. Some measure of euphoria and lovey feelings were there, but not as intensely as the first 2 or 3 times.

Now I see two reasons why this can happen:

1). The powder lost potency over the 3-4 months it was stored. I was contained in a ziplock bag and then placed in a (dark) closet.

2). I lost at least part of the magic. I still want to believe it's not the case since I only rolled 5 or 6 times and always spaced my rolls AT LEAST a month apart.

What do you think?
(maybe I just need to double drop)

Are you sure no moisture got in the bag; did you have allot more food in your stomic this time? As long as you store it airtight in a dark place it should have a loner shelf-life than you.

short answer- no, as long as it stays in the dark and dry, it can literally last for centuries. mdma is a very stable molecule. I store mine in glass vials, plastic bags aren't 100% water/airtight.

perhaps you have lost some of the magic, or haven't waited long enough between uses for your specific body chemistry. also, it could be related to other chems/meds you are on, when/how you took the dose. I know *for me* if I dose on even a partially full stomach I don't feel it nearly as strong. my friends who insist on trying it even though they are on ssri/maoi meds say its like a constant comeup with no peak...

lots of potential variables involved.

I know *for me* if I dose on even a partially full stomach I don't feel it nearly as strong.

Yeah, I considered this possibility (and should've mentioned it).

This may have been the problem the first time. I had eaten maybe 2 or 3 hours before dosing and my stomach wasn't empty (I was able to verify that when I threw up).
I redosed 2 hours later and the roll got better.

BUT, the second time, I made sure my stomach was completely empty (fasted for 10 hours). The peak was stronger than the last time but still dissapointing and neither as long nor as intense as the first 2 times.

Are you sure no moisture got in the bag;

I thought about that too. Well, I didn't use a dessicant.
I guess the bag may have come in contact with my sweat when I manipulated it. Does that count?

yes! even a small amount of moisture can make a difference at the milligram level.

I suggest you store future amounts in glass, and wait a solid 2 months before trying it again, on an empty stomach, perhaps with a mild antiacid about 15-20 mins before doseing. follow up your first dose two hours later with ONE dose that is about half of the first.

a small amount of moisture shouldnt really destroy mdma - normally it keeps really well in a zip lock bag. If you had been rolling a few times in a short period you may have developed a tolerance so the normal dose didnt get you going as it would normally. Set and setting also play an important role