• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

can you live with knowing after death there is nothing

What would be the point of death if there's something after it?

Kind of melodramatic if that's the case, IMO.

I really can't understand the irrational fear of death that so many people display. It's not some scary boogie-man, its a natural process that happens to every single being that lives.
logically, it does seem likely that there is nothing after death, and that does unsettle me

logically, it's also quite likely that there is something after death (something is producing our consciousness, and we don't know what/how; so we cannot know whether that something ceases to function when our bodies cease to function, or whether it is even fully in this spacetime)

personally, i'd prefer to exist forever, in at least some form or another. maybe that's just my evolution talking :p

The question of whether there is "something" after death seems easily answered to me.

Yes. There is something. Death has occurred in the millions upon millions throughout history, and "something" is here. The sun is here. The earth is here. I'm here.

Do you exist after death? Nope. "Your" death, by definition, means that the functional human organism that constitutes "you", ceases to exist.

So, when you die, you don't exist, but something else does.