• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Black Tar Heroin and IM injection

Greets keeping,hope you are fine!!

sup moglee, appreciate the concern - i got a bit lost here and there with some of your spelling but i think igott the jist
i only smoke my B (b for brown aka #3 heroin), which isn't Black tar heroin but i figure they're similiar in a few respects
my issue is i have no visible veins, literally none, i have like two on my hands so the only way i can see them is with a belt but i tend to either mess it up or just bottle it and plug it. guess i'm just willing to risk it all for that rush..
but yeah, at least i'll have perfect veins forever

OP has since passed away. :(

bummer man :(

but please keep in mind that if you IM tar you are asking for trouble. Trust me, I have the scar tissue to prove it.

i've IM'd #3 a handful of times but its not got much on smoking it
i have a powerful lust for that rush though
why do people hurt themselves.

Why are you IMing tar and not IVing it? Don't u run a bigger risk of abcesses with IMing?

SURE he knows! Never seen bth.and dont want.
But i know that addiction to the flash and
how it last so much longer than any ROA.
Micron Filter you dont draw up,you fill syringe and push through.Was a great cleaning Tar by ph-management on Opiophile? But,my friend,(didnt read all posts),if your dead set on that needle,i hate it but converting to smoking(foil)is like nothing,10min,Nod.Over(with much placebo)but if you cant drop that spike,try
between biceps and triceps,straight in
Nd you will register.I got absolut nothing left,nothing bro!
Old man!Never heard of it but hit right away.DOnt do it but before You IM it-Please try that.
ALL the BEST
Mo

That is not AT ALL true, I have muscled, and plugged black tar heroin, and I can say that IM is very close to IV if you do it in the right spot, like the peak of your deltoid or your ass. IM'ing BTH has a much faster onset too, I could feel an IM shot of BTH within 3 minutes, sometimes within 1 if I was sick enough.

One thing that I disagree with in the OP is about boiling the tar. I have cold cooked shots and I have cooked my shots until they bubbled, and honestly never noticed a difference in terms of potency. Now it goes without saying, you don't want to boil the fuck out of it, but if you heat it till it bubbles, that'll be fine, then stir it up. Also, boiling it makes it a lot safer for IM injection as you're more likely to kill any bacteria. At the same time you're also melting down insoluble cuts, but shit, you're already shooting black tar heroin, and chances are that in order to get all your heroin drawn up you're going to have to melt down all the inactive shit too. I read somewhere though that there are more incidents of HIV and HEP C on the EC from IV drug use then the west coast, I wish I could remember where I saw that but it was attributed to the heating of the tar heroin. I kind of find the HEP C part hard to believe though because in NY almost no one had it that I knew and then in Oakland it seemed like even the non drug using population MUST have it lol.

IM is very different from SC injection I should mention, it is not the same as a missed shot either, it has a much higher BA, a missed shot would just barely get me well, a muscled shot would get me high. It's key when you're muscling NOT to share needles with someone else, and to use clean equipment every time. I've had one abscess and its because I let a friend use a cooker of mine and he had a staph infection. While this might seem like an obvious to some, for people shooting heroin on the street, it is not, people quickly stop caring, especially when there sick, even if they are educated in harm reduction.

I personally think it's better to learn how to hit your deep veins (but learn it right) than to resort to IM'ing BTH, but either way its kind of playing with fire. However it's good there is a thread on the topic because people will do this regardless. I've seen a million people swear that they would quit the day they couldn't hit a vein and would never muscle, and did they quit? No, they muscled, or started hitting their femoral vein, Deep Brachial, or jugular. This is one of those kind of touchy subjects, but it's important to discuss, and to realize the reality is almost 100% of drug addicts are not going to give the needle a break once they start having difficulty hitting. I personally muscled the shit for about six weeks until I got an abscess and then I learned how to hit my femoral, which for the next year and a half until I quit never failed me, though it's not the kind of thing you can teach yourself, you need to have someone show you, and do it for you and then be around you when your doing it by yourself the first few times.

oh and I find plugging tar far more painful than muscling it. same with insufflation.
Can you possibly direct me to a website that'll give me some type of directions on where my deep veins are and just how deep are they??

Keeping, I have IMed #3. I do filter it first (after using hcl acid + distilled water + heat to make a solution, like one would for IV), using gravity (cut falls to bottom of shot glass) then a micron filter. The final product looks anywhere between translucent ice tea or dark coffee. I've only done it 5x, max 1x per week, & I've had no issues except with 1 shot, by far the most concentrated, that looked very dark & slightly murky/not completely translucent. It took 3wks before the injection site completely healed. It was only actively sore for a few days, though it felt & looked fine (no sign of injection or lump), but it would twinge randomly on occasion for 3wks. I have 3x the normally number of nerves so I wonder if I just happened to hit a bad spot & annoy a nerve, though I still suspect the murkiness of the solution was a bad sign. My other, much more dilute (most of the h had turned into morphine) shots all stopped hurting within a few days. At no point other than the initial injection was the pain more than mild, with any of the shots. But the actual injections burned like crazy due to excess acid.

I'm very sorry to hear the OP died. Does anyone know how?

I hope to avoid IMing in the future - I've only done so out of desperation when out/in WD - especially bc I don't like the effects, which are for me very similar to IV, which I dislike as it's much too sedating. I use for pain, not fun, & try to minimise any mind altering effects. But it really does feel a lot like IM, just without the rush & slightly slower kick in time.