help with getting job/background check

Selfmeditaker

Bluelighter
hey yall. Im trying to get a job and pretty much have it as I made a very good and smooth;) impression with a sale assoc. and turned out to be the store manger and told me to stop by for an interview instead of the submitting the app online etc. Told I would.

Now I have a case that is pretty much "pending" though i plead guilty and if good for a year it tottaly is gone for good! YAY! But ? is would the place
a) do a background check(its a clothing store in a mall) b) if they did i know nothing would show up bc of the deal i got etc. but could something show
up if they did the check thus most likely not landing the job? would a warrant out for your arrest show up on a bkground check? or wouldnt it just show any
'convicted of' already stuff thats on there? which i dont have anything on there that anyone can see as long as i go a year etc etc so i have and am i ok????

do clothing stores hiring college kids all the time even do a bkground check regularly?

think it would get expensive during holidays etc. anyway thanks for any and al

help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A criminal background check will show all arrests (even if the charges are pending or were later dropped) and convictions unless expunged from your record by a court of law.

The clothing store will tell you if a background check is required for employment because they will need your consent to perform it.

thanks for the replys. I dont have anything on my record but i was more wondering about like say a warrant out would that show? Or gotten a ticket but not arrested for a misdeamor? I was just given a ticket and told to go to court date blah blah nothing major. But since I wasnt arrested and havent gone to court and am innocent until proven guilty:)\) will that show up? and arent some bkground checks crappier than others or something like that? And they cost money too right?

i can tell you that i have been on pre-trial diversion for almost 2 years. my charges will be dismissed after i complete probation.

i have had 2 background checks for jobs at Wal-Mart and Kroger, and got both jobs. one of the jobs was to work in the pharmacy, and i have a possession charge.

i don't think arrests and such are shown, only convictions.

good luck!

thanks for the replys. I dont have anything on my record but i was more wondering about like say a warrant out would that show? Or gotten a ticket but not arrested for a misdeamor? I was just given a ticket and told to go to court date blah blah nothing major. But since I wasnt arrested and havent gone to court and am innocent until proven guilty:)\) will that show up? and arent some bkground checks crappier than others or something like that? And they cost money too right?

Just wanted to add that yes, a pending misdemeanor charge will appear on a background check.

What it is it for? Weed?

^ yes its for pot. fucker found 0.4 grams of shake that could of been a year old idk. But the judge told me that it wont show up on any checks if i can go a year as a good boy. So it wouldnt show. Is there a difference between a warrant for your arrest for example stealing a cd from a store and an outstanding warrant? is that like murder/assault/rape/distribution???

^ yes its for pot. fucker found 0.4 grams of shake that could of been a year old idk. But the judge told me that it wont show up on any checks if i can go a year as a good boy. So it wouldnt show. Is there a difference between a warrant for your arrest for example stealing a cd from a store and an outstanding warrant? is that like murder/assault/rape/distribution???

A warrant is a warrant.

You know, a good way to find out what shows up on your background check is to pay to have it done yourself--that way, you're prepared. It's not expensive.

A warrant is a warrant.

You know, a good way to find out what shows up on your background check is to pay to have it done yourself--that way, you're prepared. It's not expensive.

No, a warrant is not a warrant. There are different warrants, for example, if you had a warrant for murder/rape etc. that would be most likely a no bond warrant, but if you had a warrant for a little pot you would get bonded out with 200 dollars lol, so there are slightly different type of warrants. And im sure if you had a warrant out for rape or murder it would be a lot different then a misdemeanor warrant.

No, a warrant is not a warrant. There are different warrants, for example, if you had a warrant for murder/rape etc. that would be most likely a no bond warrant, but if you had a warrant for a little pot you would get bonded out with 200 dollars lol, so there are slightly different type of warrants. And im sure if you had a warrant out for rape or murder it would be a lot different then a misdemeanor warrant.

The question was about whether or not an outstanding warrant for theft (stealing an item from a store) would appear on a background check, not about the associated bond.

did you actually go to jail for .4 g ??!! 8o

Here they would just cut you loose with a court date and ticket. a 'usable amount' of marijuana possession is the lowest level of a misdemeanor here in TX, which is a class C and can be disposed quickly by paying a $300-$500 fine. Those are no big deal really. The charges that really screw you over are the ones you get booked in the station over. I'm pretty sure stuff that's like a petty fine would be under civil records, since they don't actually book you and print you into the national crime database.