• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you believe drugs brings us closer to God?

intoxicants are just that . gods are superstitious constructions of man. get over yourself and pondering ''what's the purpose of this life''.
these youthful magic moments are soon eclipsed by making a livelihood and finding the direction where one's fulfillment needs to be followed . and that is not scarfing, snorting, shooting, dropping, plugging, parachuting, flipping, guzzling, toking etc.
there are some hard case middle age burnouts flying signs in city intersections . they certainly have not found happiness in intoxicants of any description - they have no sense of balance or integrity of self .

I think there is a difference between shamanism and drug abuse. Most people don't know what the hell they are doing with substances and it ends up causing more harm than good. People are not taught how to use these experiences in a positive way. Well most are not, anyways.

There are churches that use peyote or ayahuasca and I doubt these traditions cause people to lose integrity of self. People have sought "intoxication" before the idea of making a livelihood even existed.

intoxicants are just that . gods are superstitious constructions of man. get over yourself and pondering ''what's the purpose of this life''.
these youthful magic moments are soon eclipsed by making a livelihood and finding the direction where one's fulfillment needs to be followed . and that is not scarfing, snorting, shooting, dropping, plugging, parachuting, flipping, guzzling, toking etc.
there are some hard case middle age burnouts flying signs in city intersections . they certainly have not found happiness in intoxicants of any description - they have no sense of balance or integrity of self .

Yes, because clearly all people who continue to use drugs after they're not young anymore are complete messes. 8)

^^ Exactly, its all about how you use the drugs that determines whether or not drugs affect you postivly or negativley

..... of those 'Middle age burnouts' are people who are often easily Stereotyped
because many of us dont have the BALLS to aknowledge our own fear that it is possible for anyone to lose their tidy little lives and that could be us or someone close to us given the circumstances. Any People/Cultures who judge life and other people without any merit or understanding; given to the realities of an unforgiving blind culture that acts only in its own interest to perpetuate its own success at any cost is 'Imbalanced and lacks Integrity'

Well if we define God the way cognitive neuroscientist Michael Persinger defined him, as what we call any "spiritual" experience caused by electrical discharges in certain parts of our brain caused by either psychotropics, epilepsy, or etc...then yea drugs, specifically entheogens can bring us in to the God experience...like DMT :)

I remeber tripping ballz on dob and listening Future Prophecies - Warlords Rising for first time

I got shivers from that spiritual extasy,never felt that strong and deep feeling in my life aggain.
Psychedelics dont bring me closer to god,god is constantly everywhere,this whole universe is made from 100% god.Psychedelics just make me see his presence.

I believe some drugs bring us closer to "God". Definitely not all of them just the psychedelics. To me they exhibit a parallel path with meditation, albeit differently, in raising one's awareness by showing things as they are and/or what they're not. A proper psychedelic experience is an intense exercise of perception through which one can find the truth.

Considering I believe God is the universe and enlightenment to be total awareness, anything that raises one's awareness brings one closer to God as enlightenment is the result of becoming one with the the Universe (God).

So the answer is yes.

After reading the other posts, I just wanted to add some additional clarification. While euphoriants and intoxicants have various effects in the range of "oneness" to lowered inhibitions, they do not raise your awareness like psychedelics. Intoxicants actually lower your awareness. Do not be tricked!

The problem I have with psychedelics is that lots of people confuse the extra mental noise experienced with psychedelics for "truth." Do psychedelics "raise your awareness," or do they simply give you something that you choose to believe, but have no real reason to believe it other than the fact that the thoughts simply came to you in a trip?
That's not to say there's nothing to be gained though, don't get me wrong.

The problem I have with psychedelics is that lots of people confuse the extra mental noise experienced with psychedelics for "truth." Do psychedelics "raise your awareness," or do they simply give you something that you choose to believe, but have no real reason to believe it other than the fact that the thoughts simply came to you in a trip?

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

I agree. What psychs do is provide new perspective which, in and of itself, is not perfect; However, combined with current perspectives, they act to resolve "truth". Once you can understand something from all perspectives you've reached absolute truth regarding that thing. Once you can understand all things from all perspectives you become one with everything.

It is just the drugs releasing high levels of certain neurotransmitters in your brain which in turn makes you feel really really good. Plain and simple.

I don't know about that. You imply that all drug-induced positive emotions are just the result of direct stimulation of the reward center of the brain. Psychedelics don't do that. They're not a pleasure button. When you are having a positive psychedelic experience, your brain naturally rewards you for understanding yourself more deeply than ever before, or appreciating more of the subtlety in a work of art, etc.

I've always debated whether or not this could be true. I mean I've been under the influence of many substances and the one thing they all have in common to me is that feeling that everything is peaceful and right in the world. Like im in a heaven almost.

I always wonder that if certain drugs open a sort of portal to the brain where it allows us to get just a little taste of what God has in store for us ( if you believe in the whole heaven and hell story ). You always hear of people getting these realizations and spiritual experiences under the influence so it makes me wonder do drugs bring us closer to God? Ive read up on many different near death experiences where the person seems to always get the same exact feeling and vision. They say that every pain they had in there life physically and emotionally just completely vanishes and all they have left is the feeling of complete and utter peacefulness. And this uncontrollable sense of love and happiness for everything.
When I smoke a good strain of pot or take a really clean pill of ecstasy I get that same feeling that they're describing. I don't think about any of the problems I have in that moment and just appreciate life a little more. Whether it be the nature around me or the people in my life, even strangers. Even physically I just feel like im floating on clouds or something loool. So whats your opinion on this whether you're with or against this idea :)

If you are asking “Do you believe drugs brings us closer to God?“
No.

Oh wait! You did not explain what this god this actually is...

Provide what you mean. What attributes does this god have? Why do you associate peace and bliss with this god?
Where did you obtain the information that this supports a closeness with this god?

To all of the forum posters in here that provided an answer to her question:
Please define god.
It’s always asking for trouble to not be more specific, however, at least it’s one step forward from a word that is used for any meaning that anyone wants and any moment.
Danke.

Lol well I didn't mean that god personally put this stuff here for us to be with him but like....idk alskhflsadg lol it was just a thought while I was high.
I mean if you think about it doesnt it seem that people become a lot more spiritual after using say a psychedelic drug then they were before.
I also kind of feel closer to nature. Like i know now why hippies were so passionate about keeping the earth safe after smoking some pot. because before I was just like what are these tree huggers talking about??? lol

What is spiritual?
Again, we need word defined or what you ask is so broad that it's useless without people giving an answer which is null.

I don't know how anyone can think that chemicals bring you closer to nature. I think people grasp for reasons that drugs are a good thing.
It would take a moderate effort to explain how chemicals can bring you closer to nature.
Never the less it can be done, although it would stem more from available research than me babbling about it.

Perhaps you have a very short version of what closer to nature means to you?

"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means." - William Burroughs
At some point it seems possible. Then again the quote does not say eventually, so it is a refuted statement.

The human brain is done chemically…
Not sure as to the point you are making.

Last edited:

All that blabber about raising awareness goes away with the passage of time and more knowledge about life's intricate balancing act .
I took many trips in the mid '60s and knew plenty that equated being under the influence of acid and practically every other intoxicant as being mystical, magical and soooo grooovy .
The less intelligent types equated it to some sort of spiritual thing with no scientific understanding of what goes on in the noggin .

Travel broadens one's perspective and getting loaded on chems does no more than generate ''extra mental noise'' as per coffee drinker