• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

Professortweak
RHCP, I edited your quote length for space, but I wanted you to know I seen your message and wanted to reply to it. I'm open minded, and any advice I can get is welcomed and heard. Surprisingly, I've been injecting drugs, on and off, since 2007. I've just always had that honey hole that never went out on me until about 6 months ago. So, when it comes to other veins and all it entails, I am kind of new. Like you said, I was sure I was just really fucking high and tripping balls, so last night, my first use since that incident, everything went so fine that I didn't even shake. I know that, as cautious as I am, most likely I'll live through the shot. I kept myself from panicking, and I didn't even have chest discomfort. I shook on my first shot because I was so anxious to get it, but after that, it was great. Your advice is spot on, I can tell, so I'll be trying other things you say as well. I've located another good vein I can hit with no tourniquet, and I hate going to a different area because I'm comfortable with how easy I can hit the one, but I will force myself next time. It is powder, as I cannot find or afford crystal, and although it's more trashy, I still like it. A lot of times I can add water and it be completely clear. Other times its obviously dirty, but I take precautions. Anyway, thanks for the advice, sharing your experience so I know more, and taking the time to actually tell me all of that. Really appreciate it. Be safe and have fun!

Hello all,

So I will be going on a 2 day binge. Are there any vasodilators that are helpful? Isnt it true that combining a vasodilator with a stimulant provides great strain on the heart? Is water a natural vasodilator?

So far I heard: Cayenne, Ibuprofen, whey protein (it has arginine)

Also, drinking a blender bottle of water (20oz) every hour and eating 3 small meals rich in carbs and protein should greatly increase the high correct? I dont have any benzos so unfortunately i wont get sleep in 48 hours.

How long should I wait to redose? I heard 4-6 hours.

Last edited:
RHCP, I edited your quote length for space, but I wanted you to know I seen your message and wanted to reply to it. I'm open minded, and any advice I can get is welcomed and heard. Surprisingly, I've been injecting drugs, on and off, since 2007. I've just always had that honey hole that never went out on me until about 6 months ago. So, when it comes to other veins and all it entails, I am kind of new. Like you said, I was sure I was just really fucking high and tripping balls, so last night, my first use since that incident, everything went so fine that I didn't even shake. I know that, as cautious as I am, most likely I'll live through the shot. I kept myself from panicking, and I didn't even have chest discomfort. I shook on my first shot because I was so anxious to get it, but after that, it was great. Your advice is spot on, I can tell, so I'll be trying other things you say as well. I've located another good vein I can hit with no tourniquet, and I hate going to a different area because I'm comfortable with how easy I can hit the one, but I will force myself next time. It is powder, as I cannot find or afford crystal, and although it's more trashy, I still like it. A lot of times I can add water and it be completely clear. Other times its obviously dirty, but I take precautions. Anyway, thanks for the advice, sharing your experience so I know more, and taking the time to actually tell me all of that. Really appreciate it. Be safe and have fun!

Professor no worries anytime knowledge is power or so they say.

I understand completely how difficult it is to leave the honey hole as you called it.

IV use is not as simple as the guides indicate or some would have you believe.

Starting out I was absolutely fucking hopeless with a needle so when I managed to hit that one vein in my consistently it became the easiest least painful way for me to use. In reality it was the only place I could register... so for a long time it got abused. I was always aware that it was crucial to rotate sites and I didn't want to be a one trick pony so to speak. I eventually moved to the same vein on the other arm the angle on entry fucked me until i found hitting it side on was easier and it felt as natural as my usual spot. As a result I still have my favorite spot and used it tonight but its just as easy these days to hit anywhere else also. It just takes practice and confidence which eventually develops in time. Stay with it and take it slowly because its not a race. Dont force yourself because it will only create pressure and more anxiety than usual..

. My advice just get some fresh rigs load them up with water and practice registering in new parts of town with no pressure if you cant hit so be it its only fucking water. Im sure eventually you'll be making honey sandwiches again with a new supplier..

Tourniquet or no tourniquet is the question some people swear by them and I did myself once upon a time but I only ever got better through not having it. My veins are difficult to find so I learnt to find them through touch more so than sight. I suggest you go searching without a tourni as it is only another hassle to contend with. If you can hit without using one you can hit with one.

You stepped back into the ring again so to speak and im glad it went smooth for you... It can only benefit you because while you had a fucked up time its now in the history books its done you survived and next time you will be more prepared to cope with such an event.

The anxiety before the first one is normal and even affects me if I go on a break but as you said it went well and thats what you want.

You seem naturally anxious i could be wrong but I am myself and I relate with some things you've mentioned. The only thing that cured my apprehension towards using stimulants was time and as its passed you become more comfortable in general. You will find that those bad experiences may happen but they build character and teach you. You can't take the good without the bad.

You said you are only using powder and in my experience you can get away with higher doses than crystal due in part to the purity. Also the highs differ a little.As you said powder is all you can find and its better than nothing. I have many friends who prefer it over crystal. As you said sometimes its clean and other times its a mystery thats why i don't miss it.

Sorry again for the length of my post. I would rather write too much than not enough. If it helps you in anyway its worth writing. I wouldn't know the things i do if others didnt look out for me and guide me so im at a point where i feel comfortable and confident enough in what i know to help others. As i said it's no trouble and anytime i can help out i will.

30 days in!

Started crystal aka ice, about a month ago. Love it! First of all I only snort. But I have two questions.1, is it odd to love the burn, I mean actually to look forward to it? 2, is it normal to be able to just walk away for a week and not even think about it until the next weekend, or as I use more and more will it start to call to me? Just some advice from the more experienced users would be helpful!!!

1. no, you've associated that sensation with pleasure.
2 at first no, but soon yoi might one day wake up and it's all you can think about -

Professor no worries anytime knowledge is power or so they say.

I understand completely how difficult it is to leave the honey hole as you called it.

IV use is not as simple as the guides indicate or some would have you believe.

Starting out I was absolutely fucking hopeless with a needle so when I managed to hit that one vein in my consistently it became the easiest least painful way for me to use. In reality it was the only place I could register... so for a long time it got abused. I was always aware that it was crucial to rotate sites and I didn't want to be a one trick pony so to speak. I eventually moved to the same vein on the other arm the angle on entry fucked me until i found hitting it side on was easier and it felt as natural as my usual spot. As a result I still have my favorite spot and used it tonight but its just as easy these days to hit anywhere else also. It just takes practice and confidence which eventually develops in time. Stay with it and take it slowly because its not a race. Dont force yourself because it will only create pressure and more anxiety than usual..

. My advice just get some fresh rigs load them up with water and practice registering in new parts of town with no pressure if you cant hit so be it its only fucking water. Im sure eventually you'll be making honey sandwiches again with a new supplier..

Tourniquet or no tourniquet is the question some people swear by them and I did myself once upon a time but I only ever got better through not having it. My veins are difficult to find so I learnt to find them through touch more so than sight. I suggest you go searching without a tourni as it is only another hassle to contend with. If you can hit without using one you can hit with one.

You stepped back into the ring again so to speak and im glad it went smooth for you... It can only benefit you because while you had a fucked up time its now in the history books its done you survived and next time you will be more prepared to cope with such an event.

The anxiety before the first one is normal and even affects me if I go on a break but as you said it went well and thats what you want.

You seem naturally anxious i could be wrong but I am myself and I relate with some things you've mentioned. The only thing that cured my apprehension towards using stimulants was time and as its passed you become more comfortable in general. You will find that those bad experiences may happen but they build character and teach you. You can't take the good without the bad.

You said you are only using powder and in my experience you can get away with higher doses than crystal due in part to the purity. Also the highs differ a little.As you said powder is all you can find and its better than nothing. I have many friends who prefer it over crystal. As you said sometimes its clean and other times its a mystery thats why i don't miss it.

Sorry again for the length of my post. I would rather write too much than not enough. If it helps you in anyway its worth writing. I wouldn't know the things i do if others didnt look out for me and guide me so im at a point where i feel comfortable and confident enough in what i know to help others. As i said it's no trouble and anytime i can help out i will.

Thanks again for all of the advice. Yes, I have anxiety when I'm "normal", but I've learned to live with it and fight it. I've discovered that if I can keep my fear and anxiety down, I will not tweak, only have a great time. As soon as something triggers me into having fear of a possible bad event to come, I lose my mind. I much prefer no tourniquet, but with dull rigs, a tie off is absolutely necessary. Rigs can be ordered online, I know, as they won't sell them to you at a pharmacy in my area, but I can barely afford my occasional drug use, let alone a box of needles. I'm in the process of moving and relocating, which means a job and easier access to things, so I'm hopeful some of these problems go away.

Last edited:
Questions about tolerance and days binged

I've experienced before, I think, that the longer I stay awake, the less potent the rush of my shot is. I say 'I think', because there are so many other variables. My question is, has anyone else experienced injecting an obviously large dose, only to feel nothing of a rush? Especially, has anyone noticed this happening more the longer they stay awake, regardless of amounts done in total? It confuses me, because other people partaking of they same bag will say they feel a great rush. I'm putting every bit of a quarter gram into my shots, and getting no rush. A very subtle anyone low high, but decent. Nothing like the overwhelming intensity I crave. With the powdered, "shake", meth, I always get a killer rush and always at least at decent high. The quality never seems to fall below a certain percentage. But, since I've started using the shake meth, every single time I acquire ice, like tonight, I'm left very disappointed. It's my experience that the shake is doing meth much better than the ice. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I've experienced before, I think, that the longer I stay awake, the less potent the rush of my shot is. I say 'I think', because there are so many other variables. My question is, has anyone else experienced injecting an obviously large dose, only to feel nothing of a rush? Especially, has anyone noticed this happening more the longer they stay awake, regardless of amounts done in total? It confuses me, because other people partaking of they same bag will say they feel a great rush. I'm putting every bit of a quarter gram into my shots, and getting no rush. A very subtle anyone low high, but decent. Nothing like the overwhelming intensity I crave. With the powdered, "shake", meth, I always get a killer rush and always at least at decent high. The quality never seems to fall below a certain percentage. But, since I've started using the shake meth, every single time I acquire ice, like tonight, I'm left very disappointed. It's my experience that the shake is doing meth much better than the ice. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Resistance builds up fast.. And the longer you go, the more it takes just to bring you back to normal, let alone get you high. If I start shooting I usually start doubling the dose after 2-3 shots and barely feel it *I DONT RECOMMEND DOING THIS*

Anyone have any idea what can cause immediate vomiting after IVing a small shot of ice. Rare and recreational user. Makes me vomit every time. High opiate tolerance which is probably irrelevant to thus subject.

Anyone have any idea what can cause immediate vomiting after IVing a small shot of ice. Rare and recreational user. Makes me vomit every time. High opiate tolerance which is probably irrelevant to thus subject.

I rarely feel like I have to vomit unless I do a shot so big that it's scary all the way around. People's tolerances are different, but it's just where you don't do it much. Also, be careful about having opiates in your system at all all doing ice. High opiate tolerance means you could have amounts that would kill me in your body days after you've done any. Wouldn't worry too much about the vomiting, as long as no other negative symptoms come up.

Always happened to me. It's because your body is trying to void itself of whatever is causing the severe surge in BP, heart rate, and so on. Plus anticipation and reward sensation being so great, " anxiety " leading up to the dose, etc.

If you don't want to puke, try 10-20mg per shot, tops.

I would start my day off with 50 to 100 mg shot and would puke and dry heave for 10-20 minutes.

I really need here. It sounds like I'm desperate because I am. I'd prefer some info from someone who's actually done it, but any advice will help. After I've smoked meth on foil, let it recrystalize, and worked it up as normal, is it
safe to inject? It's major liquefied now, so there is no just smoking it, but it's a dark brown color, even after being diluted. I've put all kinds of crazy colors in my body, even ones like this, so that's not an issue, but is it possible when you smoke it it's burning up only the meth and leaving the additives behind? Any help? Thanks

Both the additives and the meth can be burnt up to a brown color. If its turning a dark brown quickly on the foil, its most likely mostly additives. Probably not the best idea to shoot it, makes it that much worse for you injecting all that burnt shit. Its kinda a myth that going a few times back and forth on the foil will cleanse it of additives- this only happens with one specific cut i can think of (MSM) depending if its melted/glued together with the meth or if its crystallized together. (No way to tell except the shards will be much denser). Either way, not a good idea!!

Both the additives and the meth can be burnt up to a brown color. If its turning a dark brown quickly on the foil, its most likely mostly additives. Probably not the best idea to shoot it, makes it that much worse for you injecting all that burnt shit. Its kinda a myth that going a few times back and forth on the foil will cleanse it of additives- this only happens with one specific cut i can think of (MSM) depending if its melted/glued together with the meth or if its crystallized together. (No way to tell except the shards will be much denser). Either way, not a good idea!!

Well, I did most of it. When I was smoking it, it didn't turn brown quick, but I guess where I had too much on the foil it turned think and a little more concentrated. Couldn't really judge the amount, so I just pushed slowly until I was at my limit. Seemed fine, no adverse side effects that I don't normally get anyway. It's not ice, it's powdered form. Thanks for your response, maybe this will help someone in the future. It's somewhat safe, doesn't seem worse than doing it in the first place.

Can I ask is smoking meth less bodily visualising meaning when I snort you can obviously note my reddening in the face and that you are obviously on something or off the rocks. I have smoked meth before but I was in a time and place that I was not working so could not give two shits how I looked but I am working again so I want to ask by smoking and IVing does it show in the face ? Which one is more incognito or subtle if you want to put it. Snorting makes it obvious in the face like it reddens not to mention the pupils but I dont mind the mind the pupils it's more the face.

Which offers the best way of way being incognito or in the shadows. I want to be able to do it without it raising alarms and the last time I went into work was too muh but that was my own fault so anyones knowledge on the subject and their own personal experience is vey much welcomed. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Your face turns red when you snort meth? :?

It's probably a better idea to do smaller dosages, that way it's less obvious.

Can I ask is smoking meth less bodily visualising meaning when I snort you can obviously note my reddening in the face and that you are obviously on something or off the rocks. I have smoked meth before but I was in a time and place that I was not working so could not give two shits how I looked but I am working again so I want to ask by smoking and IVing does it show in the face ? Which one is more incognito or subtle if you want to put it. Snorting makes it obvious in the face like it reddens not to mention the pupils but I dont mind the mind the pupils it's more the face.

Which offers the best way of way being incognito or in the shadows. I want to be able to do it without it raising alarms and the last time I went into work was too muh but that was my own fault so anyones knowledge on the subject and their own personal experience is vey much welcomed. Cheers and thanks in advance.

I would've probably said sniffing it is the most incognito. Quick and easy, just give it a few minutes and your face should go back to normal color. Smoking it creates... smoke. Shooting creates track marks and if you shoot too much you're not doing any kind of work. Plus, takes way longer to work up a shot or smoke a bowl than it does to just sniff a line. Second best would be smoking it. Should be no obvious signs other than the dilated pupils.

Your face turns red when you snort meth? :?

It's probably a better idea to do smaller dosages, that way it's less obvious.

I have noticed when I have snorted the gear that when I'm staring into the mirror I notice say an inflammatory colour in the face say for example when people are completely drunk you noticed the facial colouring do you not.

My face does'nt exactly goe red but I notice my pale complexion is lot more reddened in colour not outright red.

I did think maybe do smaller doses in the future cause I usually go for a dry patch without the gear and then I like to do a good line or two like so your probably right captain.heroin. Body need to re-adapt.

Some get the red in the face effect, some dont. Id usually get it with some high grade stuff. Other times id be left extremely pale. Not sure if this is due to tolerance, overall nutrition etc. I presume its due to paradoxical vasodilation caused by some agonism/antagonism of a certain subset of adrenergic receptors.

Alcohol effects me the same way, sometimes a bright red face (usually after a few with just straight vodka after a meal) other times extremely pale (bender with mixed sugary drinks and no food)

Some get the red in the face effect, some dont. Id usually get it with some high grade stuff. Other times id be left extremely pale. Not sure if this is due to tolerance, overall nutrition etc. I presume its due to paradoxical vasodilation caused by some agonism/antagonism of a certain subset of adrenergic receptors.

Alcohol effects me the same way, sometimes a bright red face (usually after a few with just straight vodka after a meal) other times extremely pale (bender with mixed sugary drinks and no food)

You know what I mean, like I find now when I'm doing some gear that its very hard not to be noticeable to others like it's really annoying. It must be a bodily reaction to the chemicals in the stuff like I've had different batches and I would not say they were of the strongest suit. Decent I suppose but I dont know would I rank it as high grade stuff but then I'm not exactly too sure.