• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth ⫸Methamphetamine Megathread⫷

Okay but I only use once every week/fortnight, how much would you have increased by given your experience? Sorry just looking for a answer that has a bit of experience around it, would be greatly appreciated if you could make an educated guess, would you say increase by 0.05pt's or 0.025 for example? I just don't want to increase by too much for harm reduction purposes

I agree with JB no one can really answer it everyone is different and i agree with him bigger doesnt mean better either because it creates its own set of dramas. You spoke about harm minimization You are better off staying the same on the dose side of things while leaving it longer between shots. Instead of two weeks try three and then four. It allows your body and mind more time to recover. 2 points a shot is not exactly small but in my opinion its far more safer than 3 is every 2 weeks. Once you increase it you will find that if the rush does happen it is only temporary and wont be long and up to 4 it goes. The more frequently you use the less the rush happens and eventually it goes completely. its a huge release of dopamine and other feel good chemicals in the brain that create what youre after read about it. I have used for 10 years and at my worst i was a full blown addict using 1/2 a gram a shot. I use that once a month now in 3 shots and its easier to manage I get more high than i did years ago and im not doing so much damage.

If you think im wrong try it out a longer gap between is the way to go.

Have you considered using less water with your current dose it may be you use too much water... Just a thought use 20 units to 2 points if you don't already.. Again another alternative to upping your dose.

Lastly if you want to up it no one can stop you as its your decision but start small is my advice. Id go up to 2.5 using 20 units of water still then see how you go if the thought scares you half it to 2.25. Do what you feel comfortable with but i wouldn't increase it by more than 1/2 at a time. As i said this is what id do not what is safe or correct because safe and correct don't really exist. Be careful and report back

Thank you so much, just wanted to hear someone's thought on the subject as I wasn't sure what would be appropriate, I understand what you are saying to keep more distance in time between doses, but I can't do that ATM, I already reduced from 1 week to two weeks in between, slowly cutting back, last time I used 30 units of water to 1.8, might try the 20 units to 2.25, will report back on outcome!

Having a similar experience as i type this. Not as fun as it was an hour ago. Thats what my dumb- ass gets for redosing too soon before the high peaked. I smoked and have no tolerance to mention. Took 800mg ibuprofin and fought down a huge glass of water. Gonna go brush my teeth to rid my mouth of the sweet chemical taste then wait a couple hours to hit another rip or two. Im sure ill be fine by then, as i have no other negative side effects . Im a lucky man to have a responsible wife that trusts me to do hard drugs and even partakes with me more often than not.. I love not having to hide my symptoms. Shes also a great trip-sitter and keeps my ass in line with how much stash I have left. We do this only while the kids are gone and she keeps a keen eye on my habits, and I hers. Works well to keep me accountable and not addicted.

Last edited:
So, Swim upped dosage to .225 and was perfect! Mixed the .225 with 25 units of water, mixed, put cotton filter in drew up and blasted off, was great ? thanks for the tips and opinions guys. To be honest I am contemplating taking a .3 shot but have mixed judgments and emotions towards that, you know what they say! Better be safe than sorry!

Hello, everyone. I'm an active IV meth user, always having the white powder form when I do it. Since I've started, my veins have been destroyed. I got locked up, got healthy, and was released 3 days ago. I did 3 shots last night, and every time my needle comes out of the vein, not allowing me to get the full shot. After the first 2 or even 1, my veins are shot. I've tried chugging water before I start to be 'prehydrated', but that didn't work. My arms were healed, and popping up good, but it was the same thing. I never get the full shot, always miss a few units or blow the vein, and then they shrink so bad that a needle just isn't going into them. I dosed a small tester, and with the knowledge that I had nowhere near the tolerance I did, I did a second larger dose. I got most of it, but had to pull out early. I'll describe my symptoms, and anyone with the right knowledge can inform me if I almost overdosed. Dizziness, trouble standing and walking, the instant need to piss, extremely shaky hands, severe nausea but no vomiting, and of course, panic. I could still think, no hallucinations, not much pain. Chest tightness and labored breathing. I need to know exactly what the point is where overdose occurs so I can enjoy my rush without freaking out. And please, for the love of god, someone please tell me what to do about my veins. All I do is bruise and butcher myself. I need all the knowledge I can get so I can not kill myself and make my entire arms swollen and bruised. Stay safe everyone...

Yeah, you did too much with those symptoms. As for the veins, at a certain point it's just time to stop before you're shooting into your neck.

Yeah, you did too much with those symptoms. As for the veins, at a certain point it's just time to stop before you're shooting into your neck.

I figured, but if there was a way to know ahead of time if you'll live or not, it might make it more enjoyable. Then again, maybe not. I shake worse and worse nowadays. I waited almost 5 hours between doses, ate, and hydrated. I was able to find a vein easily, but I was shaking so bad just from the anticipation of it that I could get the whole shot it. I still had plenty enough to have a decent bump, but I'm trying to research what has started my hand tremors. I shot ice for 6 months, few vein problems, never had hands shake, but going to the white powder anyone can make, my hands shake worse and worse with each shot. Thanks for the reply, funding that very delicate balance of dying or not is what I chase, even though I don't want to die.

I am currently in the throes of the worst geek session I've ever been in. I pride myself on being able to ignore most of the side effects of geeking. Rarely do I do it at all, but right now, I'm so far gone I had to get in my closet to finish writing this. The point of it being harm reduction is that I need to know if this will wear off and how long it'll take. I'm having vivid and believing hallucinations, sounds and otherwise, blurred vision, pupils the size of dinner plates. My last dose was a good one, a tad more than the one before, but had little rush.It hit me good though, felt good, but buzz is long gone and I'm freaking the fuck out. I've never had it this bad. What can I do? I can't distinguish what I see and hear from fake or reality. Been hours now. Flahes of light are constantly appearing. If anything, it's getting worse. I have no access to any downers. Hospital?

Well, that was a fucked up night. Thanks to my bitch ex girlfriend for setting the ball in motion about me getting paranoid, thanks to my dumb ass for wanting more and more, and thanks to the hospital for the Ativans. What a trip...

So, Swim upped dosage to .225 and was perfect! Mixed the .225 with 25 units of water, mixed, put cotton filter in drew up and blasted off, was great ? thanks for the tips and opinions guys. To be honest I am contemplating taking a .3 shot but have mixed judgments and emotions towards that, you know what they say! Better be safe than sorry!

Hello T been waiting to hear how you went 1st of all im glad you're ok... 2nd Awesome news on the shot and hope it did what you wanted it too by the sounds of things you had a good time. 25 with 2.25 is probably nicer than my recommendation of 20 delivery wise due it being less thick in the gun (Needle). You should read my original post to you I did mention although in a roundabout way the desire to up the dose.

The higher you go with dose dosent always mean a better high remember that....

if 2.25 did it for you then stay with it until it dosent. The thing is 3 points is still .75 away from where you are now which for me is too bigger jump to say yeah you will be ok because it might rock your world and be amazing or go the other way and fuck you up so I say not yet. As i said previously go up slow try .25 increases because it gives you more of a feel for things. Like i said before you have to be comfortable it makes a huge difference to your high. If you have doubt you aren't ready in my opinion as you said better safe than sorry so don't get over confident or greedy because the drug will humble you eventually. I am happy to help you anytime its no problem. Stay safe

Well, that was a fucked up night. Thanks to my bitch ex girlfriend for setting the ball in motion about me getting paranoid, thanks to my dumb ass for wanting more and more, and thanks to the hospital for the Ativans. What a trip...

Professortweak we've all been there man so use it as a learning curve for the future. Although you felt good coming up somewhere along the line something clearly peaked your anxiety and you mentioned pupil size so you looked in a mirror I bet it only freaked you more.

It doesnt take much time to spiral out of control either once something unfamiliar happens or a feeling we havent felt before in our body goes off. Its in first stages you have two options embrace it or fear it in my experience. Ive done both and fear only creates anxiety which speeds your body and mind up even more which is unpleasant and you feel you're powerless to stop things even more.

Example 1st you may feel like somethings wrong then that sends signals through the body you start to worry about what it could be. You havent any clue its all new and welcome.....FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN... You tell someone you dont feel good most the time they google shit which gives 55 things that maybe causing the way you feel which only again adds to the clusterfuck in your head. It may start from a noise or paranoia either way FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN its all in your head.

In regards to the visual and auditory hallucinations over stimulated...Next time remember you're high as fuck and don't fear them. Laugh have fun with it all just ride the wave next time brother stay calm no matter whats thrown your way find a way to enjoy it. Easier said than done i know it takes practice but every time ive lost my shit and worried i may die right after the shot or just been paranoid as fuck its landed me in a hospital but im still alive and every time ive freaked out its been over nothing a few times i swore i was having a heart attack for instance get to hospital find out hearts going just fine... its been years since i felt like you did but it was common for me to freak out regularly as a youngster on meth. You know that hospital means you are safe too if something is wrong so your anxiety starts to leave pretty quickly in there.

My advice if it happens again is dont worry laugh it off or distract yourself whatever you do don't feed it. You can calm yourself with breathing techniques at anytime. Sit down put your elbows on your knees lean forward deep breathes that position is going to naturally slow your heart rate down breathing deep but steady helps with oxygen. You can also put a cold washer on the top part of your neck over certain viens Google it man. Last is pills 10 or 15 mg of Valium will slow you down reasonably quick as im sure you know already.

The shaking in your hands is central nervous system related from what i have read and been told if its long term then see a dr.
If it only happens when you inject its something ive seen many times in pretty inexperienced iv users. As soon as the blood hits they shake like leaves or people with issues hitting viens are the same. Again relax take your time dude.

You mentioned blowing out viens and missing shots. Ill be honest your technique maybe the issue because to me it sounds like you're relatively new to the steel. I say this due to the questions you've asked also. If you are new you need to fucking relax before anything else. If you are using a torniquet release it after registering and before you inject. It doesn't have to be all that tight if it is you will find you may cut the blood flow too much making it impossible to register at times.

Use your arms if they are still good before anywhere else in the crook of your elbow you should have 3 viens easily accessible always go up the river which means shoot infront or above your last hit saves your viens. If your arms are gone in the crook go toward your hand and find the same viens and if they're mia... Hands are next but be gentle and inject slowly and you'll be fine.

I also suggest to inject slower than you seem to be as the slower you go the more calm you'll be. The faster you inject the more chance of blowing a vein because its under more pressure than it can take. The rule is the smaller it is the slower you go. If you go slower you have more control and should be checking half way down you're still in the vein. Slow and steady wins the race. Fresh rigs help with vein longevity too. Rotaion use a different vein each time if you can even if its only two you rotate better than none... When you register too let the needle sit flat against your arm if possible... Stops you having to focus on supporting so much and will be easier to shoot.

Lastly symptoms of an od arent pretty Ive bit the dust a few times and have been lucky.. You lose your vision and hearing and shake like a mother fucker all the while your heart is beating eraticly and you are gasping for breath if your oding you will know because its instant and will scare you or kill you. There's no real indicator as to how much is too much before its in you and its too late. You said you were inside on a vacation so id say your tolerance is non existent to low right now just take it slow be safe crawl then walk. You seem like you pushed it pretty fucking far and as a result look at where you ended up bro. Use the other day as a guide to what you could handle and go from there.

If you're using powder and not crystal its usually less forgiving on veins and the kidneys due to it having as high as 10 times the amount of chemicals and shit in it than crystal. It results in a dirtier less pure cheaper product. So filter it vigilantly.

Sorry for the post length man and hope its helpful stay safe...

Bought fake ice

I recently bought a G of ice 80% cut at least how can iseparate the cut from the real and know the difference by looking

Sorry I found your statement about being disaplined when it comes to drug use ..geezuz has that seriously ever been an option ?

Curious about people using small daily doses

Are there people out there that manage to use daily in small doses? If so, can you share your experience? I am curious what regimines you follow to optimize health.

What I know about daily self care:

Body -
Sleep everyday at least 6 hours.
Drink quality protein shakes
Drink green drinks to boost iron
Drink water all day
Take multivitamin, calcium, B complex, D3 + dandelion, probiotic, 5-HTP
Consume healthy fat if digestion slows
Avoid candy and sugar to optimize oral health
Brush 2x daily and use mouth rinse to kill germs. Floss daily.

Mind -
Organize do to list daily and follow it
Set small reminders to stay on task if chasing rabbit holes is tempting
Paranoia is a side effect best treated with rational self response
Remember that self worth is not defined by choices - both good and bad.

I'm looking forward to learning others lessons learned.

I've done daily meth use in the past for productivity purposes, and as we speak I currently am once again. First time I tried it I was eventually hospitalized and ruined my life. Hoping to cut it off this time before I get close to that again.

My honest advice, 100% don't do it. Way better to underperform, miss out on things, disappoint people, get fired, whatever - than follow the path that the meth *can* lead you down.

Now I emphasized the word "can" because someone is gonna pop in here and say it's totally doable and they've done it for 50 years with absolutely no problems and so on. That's fine.

But that person is statistically about the same as someone becoming an astronaut or a professional athlete. Millions try for it, maybe 0.00000001% is able to do it - and when your brain sees that sentence I just wrote and goes full-on Jim Carrey saying "So you're telling me the there's a chance!" - don't fucking listen to it.

What were you hospitalized for if I may ask? I need to research dosing but use has been consistent. It takes about a month to use a quarter. Not sure how that breaks down.

@K02

I had what was either a severe hypoglycemic shock, cardiovascular collapse, or a straight up mini-stroke.

I never found out because I came to in the hospital and immediately demanded release AMA, because I feared for my career - which got fucked by the incident in the end anyway.

I was using approximately 40-70mg every day, FWIW. Took me about two months to look like something was slightly wrong with me (skin tone) and about 3 weeks after that, boom - out cold on the bathroom floor. I washed and recrystallized it, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been 80% ISO, 19% PSEUDO, 1% meth still.

A little anecdotal bit of advice I'd like to toss out there in case it helps someone out.

After my initial relapse on meth a month and a half ago I was having quite a bit of (very mild, random) chest pain.

I am 99% sure it was from over-vigorous masturbation, but it persisted for a long time and seemed like it could have been ischemic angina.

I threw some capsaicin 1% cream on my ribs and it's been gone ever since.