'How to delete BL account?' MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a funny note - I write for demand media. they have a list of titles you choose to write and publish. One of the titles is how to delete a Bluelight account and another is how to change your name on Bluelight.

You guys have hit the big time! :D BTW, they get titles using Google Trends and searches people do on their site. I laughed when I came across the titles.

OK, some of what Evad stated is correct,i have phases of paranoia that are not always substance related and in this case started to delete every single post i made without even reading them.

Today i can smile,tomorrow i may frown.

However,this site needs to be more user friendly,not just for paranoiacs r us technophobes but for everyone registered.

One should still have the option to delete posts from archived/closed threads if they wish,without having to p.m moderators and that Greenlighter guide to "leaving" is so vague it needs to be changed to a more detailed,clearer guide.

you might of deleted all your posts on here but its too late because the googlebot has visited and archived everything you've ever posted.

google, "scrooloose site:www.bluelight.ru"

all the other searchbots that come here have probably done the same.

you might of deleted all your posts on here but its too late because the googlebot has visited and archived everything you've ever posted.

google, "scrooloose site:www.bluelight.ru"

all the other searchbots that come here have probably done the same.

fuckin 'ell ha ha there really is no escape!!!

Some people on here seem very open about the way they spend their leisure time i'm sure if a bored member of the filth was looking in they could earn a few brownie points.

As my account is not activated,how come i can still post in this thread without a valid e-mail addy but do not have the privilige to post in other parts of this forum?

i'm guessing they have done it this way so that people who are having problems activating their e-mail can still seek support here.

and regarding the police reading this board, they almost defiantly do but to be fair unless you are posting that you've got LARGE amounts of drugs i don't think they will be paying much attention.

the rules on this board protect us from incriminating ourselves anyway, follow them and keep personal details personal and you should have nothing to worry about

also if you are looking for a temporary e-mail address that you can use to activate your account check out guerrilla mail. you can open a disposable e-mail addresses which expire after 60 minutes.

if that is the case re invalid e-mails then that is a very good idea from bluelight.

thumbs up

Yep that is the case. Also as watson said users are reminded to never post anything self incriminating. Talk about drugs you took or had but never drugs you have or are going to receive, never talk about large quantities of drugs or knowing people "high up the ladder." If you keep in mind not to incriminate yourself when you post then your posts here will be of no interest to law enforcement.

Ok, so I have spoken with an admin about that "delete in one click" thing and then the ability to "undelete" for a certain period of time... he said our current system doesnt have anything to support any kind of 'one click delete' at this current time, and that there really would be no way to do an 'undelete' so once its gone its gone... so I stand by my original statement, saying we're better off making people work for it because otherwise we'd be getting a lot more "Save my account! Retrieve my posts!" than we already get of "delete my account!" You made the posts, you can unmake the posts... and as has been stated here over and over 99.99999% of the time the only reason someone wants their account deleted is due to a drug or whatever else related state of paranoia that passes within a few days. To our knowledge, no one here has ever been in legal trouble solely because of their posts, so just follow the rules (i.e. dont incriminate yourself) and you'll be fine.

I like you felix but I think your much smarter than what you just posted.
and insulting the intelligence of an admin sounds like a great strategy, good luck with that.

btw gay is only a generic insult if you're about 8 years old. grow up.

Delete all in one click is not an unreasonable option and should be available along with the deletion of individual posts. One would have the choice to do exactly what they wanted to do,delete all or delete what they choose,and should have the right to choose.

I am sure these options would be appreciated by all and not just the worried.

Having these options would enable people to sit back and think what they really want to do.

Last edited:
I think it's unreasonable, would lead to a lot of trouble/drama/work and as pointed out by fizzle isn't supported by the current site software.

I can't see how it would lead to trouble. Maybe the word "appreciated" in post 56 should read as "accepted".

As stated earlier in the thread the majority of people wishing to DELETE EVERYTHING are suffering some kind of paranoid episode, if it was as easy as a single click to do this these people would have used it and later regret doing so.

fizzle said:
If we made "delete your account in just one click!" do you have any idea how many people we'd get coming to us saying "Please save my account! Is there any way to ressurect all my posts?!

Yet given a choice,gives one a chance to think beforehand.

A vote.........possibly........maybe? :\

Status
Not open for further replies.