Pages load incredibly slow if at all...

addictivepersona

Bluelight Crew
It's just Bluelight, no other sites. The forums and posts, everything on this site, loads incredibly slow and most times times out if I don't click the link again/refresh the page. Very rarely does this site load quickly. Is there any way I can fix this on my end?

Using Firefox 3.6.3, with Adblock Plus, on Windows XP home.

I've been having this problem more frequently lately as well. Not sure whats causing it but I'll let everyone know if I get any word.

No problem here and I'm on daily.

Have you tried a different browser?

Maybe a different internet connection?

I've not experienced any issues, and I'm probably on more than the average bear.

For those of you with issues, can you help fill in the blanks as to what might be causing it by mentioning the following:

A - what browser are you using?
B - does it have this effect in all browsers?
C - is it just bluelight, or are you experiencing other site slowdowns or other computer issues
D - are you bouncing through proxies?
E - where is your real ISP (only as much geography as you are willing to reveal publicly)? - the point being, perhaps there is a hub that is experiencing slowdowns on the net and you're getting caught in those, or perhaps your ISP is flexing some restraints

A few years ago, I seem to remember this problem happening in certain, localized areas (mine being one of them with people near me having the same problem)...

I've not experienced any issues, and I'm probably on more than the average bear.

For those of you with issues, can you help fill in the blanks as to what might be causing it by mentioning the following:

C - is it just bluelight, or are you experiencing other site slowdowns or other computer issues
E - where is your real ISP (only as much geography as you are willing to reveal publicly)? - the point being, perhaps there is a hub that is experiencing slowdowns on the net and you're getting caught in those, or perhaps your ISP is flexing some restraints

Its no longer a problem for me. Only happenned for a while on the weekend. May not have even been bluelight.

E - where is your real ISP (only as much geography as you are willing to reveal publicly)?

A - Mozilla Firefox version 3.6.3 (upgrading to 3.6.4... gonna see if that makes a diff.)
B - I don't use IE ever, but I just loaded BL in it and there don't appear to be any issues... The pages load slower than others, but not as slow as in Firefox...
C - It's just Bluelight. My computer is quite old (goin' on four years; has one GIG of RAM) but no other sites have issues loading day in and day out.
D - I have no idea what that means...
E - Time Warner Cable.

So, looks like it's Firefox... Any idea how I can fix it? I know I probably have to give ya more information but I don't know what in particular.

it may not just be bluelight...

when i run a 'tracert' to bluelight.ru, there are between 10 and 30 computers between me and bl, any one of which could be the source of the problem (except i have no problem :) )

if you (plural) are having trouble, try something like this: http://visualroute.visualware.com/ which might help identify the problem. (once you have run the trace, click on the 'analysis' tab).

alasdair

^^ I did that and got this:
2m6qqdx.jpg

"...there could be problems with the DNS server on the originating network." Does that mean my computer? I've gotten messages about DNS errors before... I've just let 'em go 'cause I couldn't find any info. about fixin' 'em. Mostly they'd pop up when my Internet was working according to the cable company but wasn't working for my computer.

I get relatively the same DNS lookup time and I don't have any issues.

Better in IE, huh? Did you try running FF in safe mode to rule out any extension interference?

I hope you find a solution to this OP, I find Bluelight's server is slow sometimes but most of the time not (for me/my internet connection).

Good luck!

^^ I did that and got this:
2m6qqdx.jpg

"...there could be problems with the DNS server on the originating network." Does that mean my computer? I've gotten messages about DNS errors before... I've just let 'em go 'cause I couldn't find any info. about fixin' 'em. Mostly they'd pop up when my Internet was working according to the cable company but wasn't working for my computer.
try switching to a different dns lookup - say opendns or google dns (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) - and see what happens?

alasdair

Would doing what it says on that opendns site cause security issues with my computer? ... I changed it for my computer and it didn't help... I think I'm gonna have to change it for my network. I've gotten issues in the past where the cable company says I have Internet based on the output my modem's putting out, but I've gotten error messages from my computer "Could not find a server in DNS"... And not knowing what that meant, I'd just turn off the modem/router for a bit, plug it back in, and it'd work...

try switching to a different dns lookup - say opendns or google dns (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) - and see what happens?

alasdair

Tried both OpenDNS and Google's DNS settings for both my computer and network...Neither sped up BlueLight... Should I have used one for my router, the other for my network at the same time? I used the same DNS setting for both the computer and network...

*Sigh*

Seems to be playing up again for me sporadically but checked and not a problem on any other pages.

I use firefox only so dunno about other browsers.

I wonder if its just certain times when there happens to be a lot of traffic...

I wonder if its just certain times when there happens to be a lot of traffic...

^ probably this...Every internet site including BL is extremely fast so I'm assuming it's either the amount of traffic at times or the OP connection.