Pages load incredibly slow if at all...

Just to give everyone a heads up, we are going to start pruning soon, so that should really speed things up and fix a lot of these problems. Things will likely get slower before they get better, and it will be a bit, it can take several weeks for a prune, so please bare with us. But there is a fix in sight :)

In particular, I especially have a problem when I first make contact with the site. I can be waiting anywhere between 30-60 seconds for the initial page to appear. I have replicated this in IE to a lesser extent. After logging in, the majority of pages load normally most of the time.

I just wanted to add that this has also been my finding as well.

It seems that getting through the front door is the hard part but once I am in, its sweet.

Maybe there is a new door man who doesnt know some of us as well just yet?

^ lol... maybe.

Just to report that after two days of quick 'first-page-loading', it's returned to slowdown again (21:30 GMT). Nowhere near as bad as it has been, however.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Since we've decided to move forward with a prune, I think thats really going to help all these problems, so we dont need to make any more reports. I've also talked to hoptis and he said he has a pretty good now of when the slowdowns are at their worst. Thanks again for all the responses! :)

PepperSocks said:
Also; can someone post the server maintenance pic; I don't know this Chris person.
I finally caught the admins in the act again yesterday and grabbed the pic for you PepperSocks.
p2000.jpg

I forget which thread we were supposed to post in about this, and where the converter site for the times was, buuuut I just had an awful time loading the site (7:30 PM EST). Every page has taken numerous attempts to load and has taken minutes between tries to time out.

Just figured I'd report it since we were told to in the other thread. :p

Edit: Of course by the time I made this post, things are running smoothly, lol.

There were 1336 people browsing BL when I last looked. The servers are (I believe) still the same boxes from a couple of years ago. Donate more and maybe the crew will be able to buy new boxes! *Wonders if this is on the cards at all* admins?

Also is it possible to have an update on the donations bar?

why is bluelight running so slow!

I've tried 3 diffrent computers, 3 diffrent internet connections, and they are all slow. Is there something up with the site?? or could it just be the high volume on the internet around here.. anyone else getting problems?
thanks,
ds

Yea I'm having problems too... lots of time outs and very slow.

Just in case its needed to later reference, its currently 3:20 a.m. GMT.

ok, I was worried I pissed off a mod and got put on miserable user mode or something. Glad to see it just isn't me. Hope it's fixed soon.

I'm really glad it's not just me having issues with BL tonight! It's about 3:30 AM GMT (I think. Going by the time in fizzle's post, lol) and the site's been slow for about an hour.

Yeah been running real slow for me too. FF 3.6, no proxies and just for bluelight. Same in IE.

On a sidenote. I never use IE. And boy are they absolute fucking geniuses at annoying the fuck out of people. So shit.

Don't type that it is a shitty laptop. You hurt her feelings. Always love your tech. Make her feel loved and wanted until you get a new one, then you can be a little more direct in your appraisal b4 passing it along to someone else;)

well my visualware speed test thing looks rough lol.
HOP14 is responding in a erratic matter 109 - 461ms response time.
so dunno what that means but i dont think its good.

Just checking in because I can see that quite a number of queries are timing out, this is unfortunately a server issue that we can't do anything about. The period before New Years Eve is almost always extremely busy here and this year is no exception. Something about NYE seems to make people interested in MDMA ;)

Will just have to ride it out. There are things we could do but they would probably not be worth implementing just for a few days a year and would make it harder for people to find the information they need during this time of year.