• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate Pill-Mass Thread

arthunter888

Bluelighter
I've gathered some data on the masses of various opiate pills...

***Format is given in [Pill ID --- Total Pill Mass (mg) --- % Active Chemical (based on total mass without coating)]. Total Pill Mass should be within +/- 3mg accuracy.***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oxymorphone ER 40mg --- 220 --- [18.2%]
(Actavis/Amide)

Opana ER 40mg --- 240 (sin coating ~ 215-220) --- [18.4%]
(original octagon)

Opana ER 30mg --- 235 (sin coating ~ 210-215) --- [14.1%]
(original octagon)

Opana IR 10mg --- 220 --- [4.5%]

Opana IR 5mg --- 220 --- [2.3%]

Dilaudid 8mg --- 150 --- [5.3%]
(Purdue)

Oxycontin 80mg --- 256 (sin coating ~ 240?) --- [33.3%]
(Purdue)

Oxycontin 40mg --- 130 (sin coating ~ 122) --- [32.8%]
(Purdue)

Oxycodone IR 30mg --- 130 --- [23%]
(Mallinckrodt)

Oxycodone IR 30mg --- 100 --- [30%]
(Actavis/Amide)

Oxycodone IR 15mg --- 125 --- [12%]
(Mallinckrodt)

Oxycodone IR 15mg --- 100 --- [15%]
(Actavis/Amide)

(KVK Tech)

(Qualitest)

Morphine ER 200mg --- 310 (sin coating ~ 300) --- [66.7%]
(ABG)

Morphine ER 60mg --- 155 (sin coating ~ 146) --- [41%]
(Mallinckrodt)

Suboxone 8mg --- 400 --- [2%]

Buprenorphine 8mg --- 400 --- [2%]
(Roxanne)

Buprenorphine 8mg --- 400 --- [2%]
(Actavis)

Oxycontin (reformulated "OP") 40mg --- 150 --- [26.7%]
(Purdue)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone out there has a milligram scale and opiate pill(s), please add and/or revise to this list.

Last edited:
Suboxone masses roughly 400mg per 8mg tablet (Probably closer to 395mg) and that makes Suboxone right over 2% active ingredient.

Suboxone 8mg - 400mg - 2%

This figure should be +/- 5mg. I don't have an accurate (mg) scale (just a 0.1g scale) but I get 30 pills at once, and 30 pills weigh a little under 12 grams.

^ yeah both my scales.. one a .01 scale and another .001 scale both say suboxone is 399mg.. but 400 is close enough lol.

but then again they can be off a little bit too.

Opana IR5 weigh the same as Opana IR10's. If anyone wants to add that.

I take 10mg IR - Purdue.

any data ?

also, from the comment above, re; less harmful to your nose and more efficient.....

Would it be safer to snort half of a 80mg Purdue oxy or 1 full 40mg Purdue oxy?
(my gut says 40mg*, less ruff stuff filler*)

^^as you can see from the data an OC 40 is about half the mass of an 80, so they have the same proportion of filler. The only difference may be the specific ingredients, which I'd assume are negligible in this case.

What about weights of the new OP OxyContin now available in the US and soon UK. It'd be interesting to see how they compare to the old formula, I assume they'd weigh more because of the polymer plastic in them but it'd be interesting to know if that assumption is accurate and by how much more (or less likely, less) they do weigh.

I have looked vERY closely to the inners of Purdue; 20,40,80mg Oxycontin pills as well as both Purdue IR 5 & 10mg (and the generic) tabs.

It seems to me that there is more filler in the 40mg Purdue Oxycontin's, not too much though. Compared to half of a 80mg. The flakey, larger fragments if you know what I mean?

As for the IR's - they have no acetaminophen , or other filler , are purer than percocets so to speak .... would you know , in your professional opinion why the Purdue 10mg IR are approx twice the size of the generic & everyone i spoke to agrees the generic seem stronger mg per mg *

p.s - when you compare a 10mg , or even the 5mg IR - either generic or not - with a standard percocet the percs are MASSIVE!! The percs!! HUGE!!

There must be tons of stuff in them . I saw another thread somewhere on the forum about a fellow member snorting 40-60mg IR and thought what a waste??? That is a lot of powder mass in itself and eating them makes soo much more sense from my R & D. Any thoughts on this?

Have you any experience wit the IR's?

Best regards, and an informative post all around.

^^as you can see from the data an OC 40 is about half the mass of an 80, so they have the same proportion of filler. The only difference may be the specific ingredients, which I'd assume are negligible in this case.

from what I have heard + read the new OP monstrosities are LARGER!!

What about weights of the new OP OxyContin now available in the US and soon UK. It'd be interesting to see how they compare to the old formula, I assume they'd weigh more because of the polymer plastic in them but it'd be interesting to know if that assumption is accurate and by how much more (or less likely, less) they do weigh.

I get Purdue IR 20mg pills every 4-6 hours with 80mg OxyContin every 8 hours... I just take them orally after I run out of 80s a month and I get 4mg Dilaudid every 4-6 hours too. So 120 of the IR's and Dilaudid and 90 80s a month.

I firmly believe this thread deserves more attention so I added it to the first (general) section of the Other Drugs Directory.

In my view this is great harm reduction - quantifiable side by side comparison of products widely available and used both licitly and illicitly. Of course many people have very limited selection available to them personally, but being able to understand how one available preparation compares to another I find to be an excellent compliment to the abundance of anecdotal evidence and personal experiences around OD regarding these substances.

awesome thread.....

ill whip out the mg scale tomo, and triple test the 8mg sub

awesome thread.....

ill whip out the mg scale tomo, and triple test the 8mg sub

If you have an accurate milligram scale it will be interesting to see what it weighs out at. I am certain that Suboxone 8mg pills are roughly 2% buprenorphine though.

Also, good call on adding this thread to the OD Directory, this is a good thread. :)

10-4, read you loud and clear.

%)

I forgot to mention, if you want to address him specifically and inquire, you can always just PM him (sorry if this is obvious, I don't mean to be insulting but many aren't as familiar with the PM system).

ya i have an awesome mg scale..... i use it for my hard drugs, and i use my tenth scale for ganj....

ill triple check that when i open my next sub, im always paranoid about it getting soggy, or ruined.