• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

tobala

oh man

i wasnt expecting to see this for some reason...

TBPH though
earlier, trying to sleep, i was actually soothing myself imaging him and his motorcycles tires streaming around mountain passes...
youre just part of my mind now, my homie.
;)
and i kept all of your pms too, btw.

God saw you were getting tired and a recovery was just not meant to be, so God took your hand and said to you " It's time to come Home with Me"

wasnt he like really active on bluelight? what kind of avatar he had? I am not sure but I think Tobala is only one bluelighter I saw there posting alot that died,not that I dont care about otherts but this is different to me

RIP Tobala :(

happy new year beautiful man.

i was reviewing the photographs you sent me two new years ago only earlier today. tripping with a good friend, and cuddling the shit out of his dog all night in his cabin. so adorable. <3

love you mate.

never forgotten; always missed.

...kytnism...:|

wasnt he like really active on bluelight? what kind of avatar he had? I am not sure but I think Tobala is only one bluelighter I saw there posting alot that died,not that I dont care about otherts but this is different to me

RIP Tobala :(
tobala was an adminstrator here on BL

RIP tobala :(

sorry to say but i forgot you passed homie

i came by to wish tally and melange a happy new year and saw this

since your upthere chillin, maybe you can fix the server for us cause its a pain in our asses down here

I think about you from time to time. You were the first person I knew to die from drugs. Hell, you're why AmorRoark's Alfred E Neuman tribute is my avatar.

Goddammit :( <3 I hope you're doing well wherever you've gone.

You are still missed.

God saw you were getting tired and a recovery was just not meant to be, so God took your hand and said to you " It's time to come Home with Me"

This is beautiful <3.

Last edited:
It's been just over four years. I first ODed from heroin a day or two later; you were on my mind as soon as I came to.

Congratulations on meeting Shulgin; be on the look-out for lonewolf; he'll be the one with the 211s.

There's no explanation for how I've come so close to meeting you, but my RSVP got last in the mail at the last minute. It could've been so many others, but it was you <3.

I know you're being the great person you've always been to me, wherever you are...

Last edited:
Tobala,

Dang it, your memorial thread needs a bump.

Things in the world - specifically with regard to world events - have changed in terrible and weird ways. I hope the afterlife is such that you haven't read the news lately. It's just all fucked up. Racism, xenophobia, religious extremism, our "trusted" authorities repeatedly botching important issues... I wouldn't even know how to put it in an update to you.

I don't come around this blue place much anymore. The emphasis has changed, dramatically, from harm reduction to personal drama and shitty attitudes. That's part of the reason I burned out of working here. Yet there are new, awesome friends, who are bringing this place back. Your work carries on, K. You are missed by all of us who have posted in this thread, and many more. And some of us, you'd even be more than a bit proud of our works. This blue place has a future.

Please accept this blessing I write on behalf of me and everyone who misses you. There will be better days ahead, of this, I am certain. I will stop rambling now.

<3

M/J

beautiful, posa. <3

...kytnism...:|

ps. miss you lots tobala. i could really use your wisdom today <3

This is a testament that intelligence or kindness or knowledge will not spare anyone from this disease. I never knew tobala personally but I've read his posts and I can see he was a pillar of this community and an incredibly smart individual.

This is vicious and it takes the best people from this world.

Visiting some passed on friends and tobala is someone i wish i knew better. As i cant visit his grave to pay my resoects this is the only way i can share grief.

Tobala and mariposa. Ill see you when my time comes so save me a seat at the table.

Damn, being reminded of Tobala, and then reading Mariposa posting in this thread rather recently, that really got to me. So many we've lost.

And I can't believe I never posted in here myself, I didn't know him too well but we went out for dinner in the city a few times, talked on to him more, shared some pretty special psychedelic moments and mutual friends. Great guy, towards the end was going through some troubles. We'd been in touch less and less over the final year or so as I was a little more removed from that particular scene, but we got to speak on the phone occasionally. Can't believe it's been 5 years now. This new came at a time when I wasn't involved here, but I heard it and it hit me deep. Dearly hope that he has found peace.

Rest in peace.

Running out of words, its the thought that counts right?

Me and Alex were just talking last night about how you met he and Erin, tobala. Erin always told me how much she enjoyed riding on the back of your motorcycle on the Parkway. I never got to meet you but I wish I had, you were one of the greats on here. Erin has passed on now too, and I hope you guys get to hang out in some sort of hyperdimensional manner. :)

Been a long time, my friend. I hope those you left behind have healed from losing you. I still have that hole.

Tobala... haven't thought of you in quite some time, but still sad we had to lose you. ❤️

Fuck, going through the shrine is shocking, seeing how many people I used to chat with are no longer here. Tobala was a great bloke, intelligent and really witty/funny. I'llnever forget his horror at British cuisine, when I told him about black pudding and tripe!
RIP, he is a massive loss