• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

tobala

I was in such shock when I saw this thread, I was unable to post until now.

Tobala, you will be missed very much and remembered as a great friend of bluelight.

My heart goes out to his family, because he was loved within this community - I couldnt imagine the impact and love he had with his dearest. <3

Miss you :(

I miss hearing from you. I regret not taking you up on that offer to play that prank. I was just so busy at the time with getting married.... dude im so sorry man i really regret it now. It would have been something awesome we could have shared.

I feel regret over it. God dammit. :( I know you wouldn't care and would totally understand... but i really wish i did that with you now. You have no idea how much in wish we followed through. It would have been hilarious... and memorable. Fuck. Talk about bad timing... i know you understand though. That's what's awesome about you. Your heart. <3

A big loss for BL and everybody. He rests in peace.

My condolences to his loved ones.

Oh wow I cant believe I never heard about this......

He really was a great poster, one of those you never skip over when you're reading a thread. Very intelligent, humble and personable, not a common combination.

RIP

Tobala,

Not a day - still - goes by where I go to text someone with a similar name to you about something. I realize I haven't deleted you from my phone, and won't until it too, goes its way, and I become emotional and sad at the fact that we can't have a telephone marathon - on this plane, anyways.

I continue to think of you. I know you were watching over me a couple times recently when I got in over my head. I knew it at the time - your kind voice telling me to stay away, to get it together, etc. Your help in my preserving my own life when it could have gone very differently has not gone unnoticed. I am still a stranger in a strange land. I suppose you are, too.

I promise you that I will listen to you more fervently going forward. Please watch over me, and watch over that little son of yours most of all. Your laughter will be what I remember most. I will remember the humor and jokes we shared forever.

Must have been a spectacular show last night, with the meteor shower. I am sure you had the best seat in the house. You certainly deserved it.

In a difficult and strange world, you were my touchstone. You still are.

We all miss you.

<3

Mariposa

Ok....

Today I called Tobala, to ask for information about recording studios and mastering. I met him when I went to a place he stayed at which was an incredible recording studio in NYC years ago. We've been talking and meeting up every now and then over the years. He had a wealth of knowledge, and I wanted to see if he could help me about the music industry....so I callled today......number didn't work.

I then figured I would send him a private message. I noticed the account wasn't active for a few months so that made me a little worried. I sent the message only to have it denied because the box was full. I searched tobala, and this thread came up :(

Truly a heartbreak for me to find out like this. Horrible news, I am crushed...........

I wish I could have see you even just one more time :( Your son will miss you. I will never forget the person you were and the friend you were to me. I hope you can rest well now :(

Much love - Josh

OMG.. i just noticed this. I was in rehab when this happened. I'm literally sitting here in shock. He was just an awesome guy. I loved his posts. You will be truly missed around the world.

RIP <3 :(

This is shattering, I only just saw this now. Wow.

Tobala was a great guy, we had lots of great discussions via the board and PM. He sent me a message in November, I only saw it yesterday. 'You're one of the best folks on Bluelight and my world will be brighter when you're back here with us.'

I tried to reply but his box was full. Now I see this, I feel like crying. RIP Buddy.

Oh shit man... I remember his posts, I always thought he was a cool dude.

RIP bro.

What did he OD on???

i feel kinda guilt to post here this late:( such a tragic loss. rest in peace mate, wherever u go<3

Blunt in his honor......RIP MAN man this was a sad thread..... because he was such a great guy

i was talking to RedLeader and was thinking how much I wish I got to know him more. Our one conversation was so warm. :(

tobala, how i wish you were my admin <3

rip man. u were awesome when u were here. i'll see u on the other side. luv ya buddy.

I still think of you friend <3 Your spirit is missed here on this spinning earth. The flowers I planted grew, flourished and died. I think of you every time I see them. You were too young. I can still feel my arms wrapped around you riding up bear. mt. Love to you!

I was shocked to discover the news of Tobala's death. He was actually the person who connected me with Ibogaine (which, after two and a half years, I'm still too scared to experience). I talked with him over the phone when I was about to try the ibogaine earlier this year, and he was even understanding when I got cold feet and balked. I know that when we had talked, he mentioned that he would probably try it again soon, but he had some severe medical problems and I am wondering if he actually did try the Ibogaine and it killed him because of that. Now I am even more scared of it!
A couple years ago I met him in person when I was visiting family. He bought me dinner and we had many good conversations that night. He drove me to the airport to fly back home. Such a wonderful man. There's a little hole in my heart now...