• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

tobala

I was in complete shock when I was told of Tobala's passing - we got to know each other better while on bluelight staff; I loved reading about his son - i could imagine him grinning from ear to ear as he typed. I'd never met him; but as with other bluelighters across the oceans, i considered him a friend.

While it breaks my heart to know that his son will continue to grow without his papa, his son has one amazing guardian angel now. <3

Wow, I just found this and am shocked.

Tobala, I don't think we spoke much one-on-one but I always enjoyed reading your contributions here. You had a sharp wit and you never seemed to lose your patience or compassion. I'll miss you, friend. :( <3

I really miss you tobala. We all do. I hope you're in a good place my friend <3

This place actually doesn't even feel the same without you man.... i miss you and still get upset when i think about it. It's amazing that someone i have never met could make such an impact on me. I just hope you're in a better place....may your spirit live on <3

It's bittersweet to see your older posts.

<3
<3

This is the proof that drugs are dangerous and accidents can happen to the best of us.

Tobala will be missed.

All of my interactions with Capt'n Tobola
implied we were privy
to some massive,
elaborate joke
involving vast powers of cosmic humour.

What an excellent man.

So sad.

:(

Much, much
LOVE
'n'
EMPATHY
to his family & close friends.

PEACE
UnS
<3<3<3

This is very sad to hear. Toby was a hell of a guy, and the best staff member I ever had the privilege of working under (or even near).

Now I kind of want to go through and read some of his old posts. :) It may be bittersweet, but I know they'll make me chuckle. Toby did it for me better than most any other poster. And I only knew him through here. I'm sure he was (still is) a hell a guy to have known, as those that knew him continue to say.

edit: I'd like to re-emphasize what I said earlier - toby was the single greatest staff member in the history of BL. [period]

R.I.P.

tobala​

Last edited:
it is deeply saddening to learn of such a loss. may tobala's friends and family find comfort in happy memories. <3

wow, this was really a surprise; a bad surprise. i remember remarking one time, or more than once likely, since i remember it at least once, to get to know tobala more and now that opportunity is gone.

i've always felt so personally disconnected from what happens online, as if it were a whole different reality, but tobala was one of those very exceptional few who had the power to remind me that he's real, genuinely real.

i don't yet know exactly how this has changed me, but i feel that it is seeding change for me right now and i know it will be for the better. thanks tobala, find the peace you're deserving of

I'm so, so sad you're gone, my friend.

You were fair, funny, intelligent and... well, you were just there.

A couple of people have described you as a gentleman. Even more as somebody who they felt was genuine. I reckon that's about right.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.

See you on the other side.

<3

I'm new here so I didn't know him, but everyone we lose is always missed. Rest in peace Tobala.

My condolences go out to all his family and friends, stay strong.

(By the way, the link in the announcement has /vb/ twice and so it errors when you click it. Had to remove the second /vb/ to find this.)

I personally never talked to him but its always sad to loose a fellow BL-er to such an awful cause of death. May he rest in peace.

This is such sad news. You will be missed, Tobala! He was an awesome BLer, indeed.

I can't believe I've only just seen this :(

No matter how many great people we lose from this site, it can never remove the feeling of it coming out of nowhere and the shock...

I give my condolences to his family and his friends here and outside <3

Rest peacefully Tobala....