• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

tobala

Mariposa, what you had to say was beautiful <3

Tobala was such a sweet, kindhearted and giving person.
This is truly a terrible loss for all of us <3
R.I.P. Tobala, you will be greatly missed.

I'll never forget the time I was having a horrible semester and bitching about it here, and tobala simply quoted my post and replied, "Relax, you're going to be a healer!" -- so simple, but exactly what I needed to hear to keep things in perspective. Just strange hearing it in my head coming out of Alfred E. Neumann's mouth.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I don't feel bad saying that line, as cheesy and inappropriate as it is. Tobala would have thought it funny. He'd want us to have a sense of humor about him being gone.

Though I never met Tobala, he was one of my favorite Blers and his posts always made me smile. He was insightful, smart, funny, and seemed like a genuinely nice guy. I am saddened by this terrible news. It is wonderful that he had such a positive impact on so many people. Tobala, I would have loved to have met you so we could have a beer and philosophize about life. Rest in peace.

Never met the guy in person - I was impressed by his virtual persona tho - he'll be a big miss to the site RIP tobola.

wow being away from the computer for a bit and coming back to see this is a sad thing..

we didn't talk much, but whenever we did he was always cool to me and really helpful.. i will miss getting to read his posts every week, RIP <3

It is truly a sad day on BL. It's always a miserable occasion when we lose one of our own. RIP Tobala. You will be missed by many...

this is the first time ive visited bluelight in around a month or more; to check in on everyone; make sure shit was still progressing as usual; and the same people were kicking around doing their thing and staying cool/healthy and well.

it was almost like time stood still during the moment that i clicked home and scrolled down the main page to see "tobala <3" and mariposas words in the shrine (only after making my first contribution in ages; a wiseass, stupid quirk in the lounge about some fucking mustard).

im absolutely frozen and in shock. my first reaction (being only human; and an extremely close friend to tobala) was to repeat the word "no" inbetween tears.

im still crying; and in shock. ive lost a very good friend, the site has lost a promissing mentor/friend (he would embrace and love ANYONE); a little man has lost his father; and the world has sacrificed one of the "special ones".

for the first time in a long time; im lost for words.

rest in peace beautiful soul <3

RIP man, I never knew you too well but you came across a nice and good natured fella. Sorry to hear your gone bro!

Terrible Terrible News. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. He was always willing to help other people, which is really what this site is all about at the end.

Remember people, this shit is serious....