• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

5-MeO-DMT - experienced - Alone in the Universe?

ntgn

Bluelighter
Hi there - I had a 5-MeO-DMT experience a few months ago that I can't explain, and that really shook me up - it's open to interpretion:I'd smoked 5-MeO many many times, and was familiar with the effects - terrifying take-off leading rapidly into a total bliss state of communion with the universe..This time I went to some cliffs near where I live and sat on a hillside - vaporized approx 5mg 5-MeO and had the most acutely unpleasant experience of my life:As I lifted off I felt the immersion int the bliss state of ego-loss happening but, right at some crucial point I felt I was being tricked and, my mind went through this sort of breakdown into absolute paranoia within the space of probably a second or two - as tho a usual breakdown was exponentiated in speed a milion times in this hyperspace....What happened then was the world went totally grey, my body became cold and rock hard, everything around me mutated into the most horribley gruesome, lifeless scene imaginable - the ground under me became rock hard as my body, and I felt I was being shoved out of the life-system and into the inanimate - I was terrified and gasping for breath...As it wore off color slowly seaped back into the world, and I slowly got warmer, the body not rock-hard...I can't tho put into words the feeling that I was being shown what life would be like without "life" in it it was as tho every other form of life had evacuated earth in an instant, and I was "left behind" to become part of this "solid-state" type existence... The worst feeling I could ever imagine - like I'd been expelled, while the cosmic life network had escaped and was millions of miles away...Left me wanting nothing more to always be part of this life-network that I'd never realized existeted - had always taken for granted that there was color in the world and that feeling of life, that I couldn't realize was there till it had gone...This is open to interpretion - I've not read of anything like this and couldn't relate to anybody elses experiences, and for a time it left me deeply afraid of whatever could be going on...[ 24 December 2002: Message edited by: ntgn ]substancecode_5meodmtsubstancecode_tryptaminesexplevel_experienced[sTagged by Speed Kingize="1"]exptype_negative[/size]roacode_smokedroacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! Thanks for posting your trip report!
I found it very interesting, and would like to know if anybody else has had a simular experience too.

All of my (very few) 5-MeO-DMT experiences have resulted in me feeling very "Disconnected" with the world. It's not like the disassociated feeling from disassociatives, more like being placed in a completely alien world. There was nothing I could relate-to that made any sense at all...