Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AMT - First time - 2 freinds, bush party... my dissapointment

stoopid

Bluelighter
AMT, 2 freinds, bush party... my dissapointment

Hey all... this is my first experienve with Aplha-methyltryptamine... i must say it was a bit of a dissapointment as i had 300ug of LSD that i could have consumed... instead i took the AMT
The setting was a bush psy-trance party with around 200 ppl around 50 of them well known to me...
my mind set was a little tired and bored due to playing nintendo for 10hrs straight.
Me and two freinds decided to take 50mg of AMT oraly. My freinds took theres at around 12am, me ariving later took mine at around 4.30am...
now one freind spewed up 10mins after taking it so felt no effects (he took LSD at around 5.30am :]) my other freind at the time i took it was just starting to trip hard (harder than acid) and had mild visuals that were becoming more intense... we were all smoking cones all night (as usual) and having the occasional nitrous bulb.
now here goes:
4.30: consumed 50mg
by 8am: Felt nothing, just a little anxiuos.
10am to 4am (next night) Felt compleatly lifeless, it was hard for me to move, not hurting, just body stoned and i made the quote:
"I can't be fucked, but i'm not sure what..."
I just couldn't be bothered doing anything, i tried dancing but just couldn't move... all i got fro it was an inmstense head ache, but this could have been from sitting in the sun all day without drinking enuff water.
In my oppinion it was shit as it did completely nothing, however the freind who took it with me got the complete opposite result... more intense than LSD body trip and more intense visuals all lasting for aprox. 15hrs and he got a rushy/speedy effect after 2hrs lasting the whole trip... (note. he weighs aprox. 55-65kg and i weigh aprox. 75-80kg)
i'm not sure what the go is, maybe a higer dosage next time as i am a highly experience LSD user, i usualy consume around 300ug LSD sometimes as much as 900ug... I think my body must just need more of these chems... ???
I will definately consume again! (maybe 80-12mg)
any comments, gladly...

Hang on! Don't go for 80-120 just yet! There could be other reasons it did not work.. Were these doses weighed properly (with sensative scales) or using shitty scales or eyeballed doses? Had you taken LSD, mushrooms or anything like that in the last few days? AMT has cross-tolerance between other tryptamines.., so if you tripped on like 300ug LSD 2 nights ago, don't expect to trip very hard in the next few days.
If you don't think it was tolerance related, it has been noted that some people may need higher than usual doses, but don't just start doublling, trippling etc.. that can be VERY dangerous! Work your way up slowly.. Even if something like 80mg+ didnt hurt you physically (who knows if it does though, its a researcgh chemical), you could still suffer the worst experience of your life. Be very wise when considering doses for an untested research chemical.
Thanks for posting about your experience though :)

Yeah... id agree with you, its just that i have only a limited amount of dosages... ie. i'd rather have a good trip on 80mg than take two seperate doses of 50mg and not trip...
however, i must say again that i do agree...
maybe the acid i had night before was a contributing factor (only aprox 30ug though)...
I have a huge party in the dessert comming up in two weeks, maybe i will save it for then :)

> i had 300ug of LSD
No, you had something that your dealer told you was 300µg of LSD. Unless you have a very sophisticated lab and are a master chemist who made your own LSD of known purity and weighed it on a super accurate scale... you have no idea how much LSD you have. With black market blotter acid, even the people laying sheets can only give you an approximate idea of how much LSD is on each sheet... and due to uneven absorption, most likely each hit on the sheet has a different dose. With liquid and other formats, you're still not going to know for sure. Generally, dealers who tell you "Theres X micrograms on this" are either making up numbers or repeating numbers that their supplier made up. In fact, I would wager just about anything that there is not a single person reading Bluelight who has ever been within 500 meters of a known quantity of LSD, unless theres some people here who were using LSD before it was made illegal.
> I think my body must just need more of these
> chems... ???
AMT and LSD may be related, but using lots of LSD doesn't mean you need more AMT. They are different chemicals. Some people just don't get very psychedelic effects from AMT. Trying to take a higher dose may make you trip, or it may just make you spend 14 hours feeling sick. I know a guy who took 90mg of AMT because he thought he was a hardhead with psychedelics and because he's a really big guy. He spent the night vomiting foam and begging for it to end. If you took 50mg of AMT and all you got was a headache and weak effects... you'd be kind of foolish to take more. Obviously AMT just isn't a good substance for you. If you want to try it, try it again at the same dose and see if you still get a headache and all that before trying to take more... make sure it WAS Just from sitting in the sun without water, and not an adverse reaction to AMT.

I agree with the above advice. It seems that AMT affects EVERYONE very differently. It even seems that the same person can experience different effects of this substance. Be careful with your doses.
If you are going to try it again, use the same dose. Your mindset may have played a big part in what you experienced as well as your physical state. See if you can dose up in small increments if you get no effects. Whatever you decide, be careful and don't double up or take too much!
Anyways, thanks for sharing :)

Whoa! I'm pretty much geussing the strength, yr right... but i'm gauging it on experience... also i'm under the belief that most of the paper we get here in oz is aprox. 100ug, and that the Hoffman 2000/Gettafixes(year2000) were of aprox 200ug... (i admit i may be wrong (?))
that out of the way, I would usualy consume around 3 average tabs... sometimes more.
As for the headache... being in the hot sun, awake for over 24 hours and drinking little water would have been a major cause of that
I will take yr advice though... 50mg :)

Hmm.. Doubt most of the blotters here are 100ug.. Maybe half that.

I wouldnt advise taking such a high dose. I know very little about amt but just because affects were not felt the first time doesnt call for higher dosing. Try researching some preloads first.
originally posted by: nephil
It seems that AMT affects EVERYONE very differently.
I couldnt agree with you more. AMT is one RC that I have no intrest in. My first experance concluded that it just wasnt worth the wait and trouble. The common headpain experanced by most users raises consern with me. Mine was so horrible I couldnt even enjoy the visuals. This is one chemical I am going to keep an eye on.
Now If I had the choice between LSD and AMT, I would take the amt and feed it to the birds.

100mg has always worked nicely for me! im surprised you didn't get lots of visuals at the party,.,.usually at raves,.my visuals are intensified 10x!!!! don't worry i couldn't dance either,.ha ha amt makes me lllllaaaazzzzy! i just sat in the ambient tent for 10 hours listening to nature sounds and what not,..,h aha