Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia Divinorum- Long time user- 10x Vs. Tincture

Web

Bluelighter
This is a little different trip report/post, and my first, so I hope it's within the guidlines (which I *did* read) enough to be allowed to stay...
First of all let me say that I've been using Salvia for quite a few months, after making my first purchase of 10x extract back in May. I'm very well aquainted with The Salvia Goddess you could say...
I really can't give you an estimate of how much 10x I've smoked in one sitting... probably 1/8th of a gram or more. What I really wanted to describe here was the differences I experienced between the smoked 10x and the sublingual/swallowed tincture.
The smoked 10x Salvia produced a intense, yet short lived trip (this we all know from reading anything about salvia)... my first 3 or 4 attempts produced exactly the same sequence of events... There would always be a bit of visual distortion before and after the peak, enhancment of shaddows and seeing "sparks" or tiny points of light all over my field of vision. Almost immediately after exhaling (most all substances hit me FAST), I would open my eyes and be in a cartoon land, and I would be an inanimate object, all of this accompanied by feelings of pulling or heaviness. This produced strong feelings of helplessness, and feeling very un-important. While the physical aspects of the trip weren't unpleasant, the mental reverberations forced me to do a lot of self realization. These experiences helped me realize my issues of feeling helpless and insignificant in day to day life, but once I made these realizations and faced them, my trips began to change. Every trip since (on smoked 10x) produced some ecstacy-like effects... amplified senses, desire for physical contact (sexual and non-sexual), euphoria and a powerful "need" to move and/or dance. The only thing that didn't come with it was the energy. On some occasions I would follow a few tokes of pot with the salvia, and this would extend the effects up to an hour before coming down. On a secondary thought, salvia always produced vivid, and really weird, dreams.
A few days ago I recieved a shipment of Salvia... it ended up being the wrong product. I had wanted more of the 10x, but accidentally ordered the tincture (don't ask, I didn't do the actual ordering on-line). After the initial dissapointment it was decided that we'd (my bro Steve and I) had wanted to try the tincture anyway, so now was as good a time as any.
The first attempt was with a small dosage, appx .75 mil (one dropper full). My experience was quite mild, lasting only about 30 minutes tops. I felt a bit euphoric, energized and aroused... and the same visual distortions, but much more mild... the effects weren't anything I couldn't have shrugged off and straightened out quickly. My bro Steve got no effects that he could tell. A little dissapointed, we waited for the next time, when we'd up the dosage a bit.
Second attempt:
Dosage- appx 3mil (4 droppers full, 2.25 swallowed, diluted in 1/4 cup of water, .75 sublingual swallowed after less than one minute)
Timing:
Onset- 15 minutes, peak- appx 45 minutes, comedown- 1.5 hours (apprx of course... some of the after effects are quite subtle and at times you don't even notice it).
Effects:
Moderate to strong body-buzz/load, slight amplification of senses, *strong* desire for physical contact (sexual and non-sexual), mild euphoria/giddiness, the ever-present (yet much more subtle) visual distortions (as described above) and of course the vivid dreams.
Overall:
A much more drawn out, mild trip... not unpleasant, nor was it dissapointing... but maybe, just maybe, I was hoping for a bit more. I had read that the sublingual methods produced stronger effects, but I was unable to achieve that level due to the fact that holding the solution in your mouth is practically unbearable (think *really* cheap tequila made from spinach)... so there was very little absorption, if any.
Once again, this is my first post here, so be kind please.

Nice report! :) I've always been interested in what salvia is like and you've done well to describe the effects in your report.
Just for those of us not in the know, what is Tincture? Is it an extraction of the salvatorin a? (sp?) Or just an "infusion" or salvia and some sort of alcohol?
Thanks for sharing the report, I enjoyed reading it :)

a tincture is the salvinorin with alcohol. sometimes it's watered too. depends on where you get it from i guess.
i was very interested to hear your comparison. i think you did a really good job, and i really liked how you described the effects of smoking. i find it to be very accurate, and similer to my personal attempts.
do you have any numbers for the tincture? i know this is hard to find, especialy through web dealers, but i think it would help. like % of alcohol (which i believe is what caused the burn) or possibly even how much salvinorin was in it?

Thanks for the positive feedback kidz, I may be inspired to post more here in the future. :)
Originally posted by lattrommi:
do you have any numbers for the tincture?
No, no numbers... all I can tell you is that the "brand name" is Green Magic (I'm not sure what the rules are on "sources" for things like salvia, which is legal, so I won't poste where it came from) and the alcohol content is 95 proof grain alcohol.
The information on the website and the sheet that was mailed with the salvia clearly states that with the sublingual method your to hold the solution in your mouth for 5 minutes... I'd like to know the tough SOB that can hack that, because I sure couldn't.
[ 27 October 2002: Message edited by: Web ]

Great report! I too am unexperienced with this 'goddess', and your report has done much to help clarify this for me.
Thanks for sharing :)

Originally posted by nephil:
Great report! I too am unexperienced with this 'goddess', and your report has done much to help clarify this for me.
Consider this an open invitation (for any of you). If you are considering Salvia, I will be happy to talk to you about it off line. I will also be pleased as pie to be present for your experience, if your ever in my area. :)
From what I read about Salvia before I got into it, people seemed to be SO scared of what might happen to them, and often freaked aout over their experiences. I myself was a bit freaked out over having the exact experience about 3 or 4 times in a row, but instead of talking about how powerfully intense salvia was and saying I'd never do it again, I chose to face the (for lack of a better word) fear, and I feel I'm a better person for it. People go on and on about how salvia isn't a fun substance, and I would have tended to agree with them during my honeymoon, but now I will argue that statement until I'm blue in the face. It can be fun, it can be quite enjoyable... it's all in how you look at it, and it depends on your desire to face your fears and go beyond.
And with that, I take my leave of you fine people. Remember, anyone who wants to talk about this in depth, look me up. I won't be returning to this thread, as I feel it's fulfilled it's purpose at this time. :)

^^^ even though you said you weren't returning to this thread, i want to approve of what you said.
salvia can be very scary, but facing and overcoming your fears is a great, and powerful thing.
next time i talk to the lady, i'll send word...