Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-T-2 - Experienced - Pre-Trip-Tripping Revelations

fict

Bluelighter
I like this little peace-symbol icon. It's just utterly adorable. Unlike, say that GUN icon. WTF is with that shit? Mwahahaha. Oh, right, I'm writing a trip report. Nods nods, here we go! It was a time of change for everyone involved. I'd just broken up with my girlfriend of eight months, my trip parter was going to reunite with her old boyfriend in England. I'd just started my second year of college, and though I'd tripped a bit over the summer, I was glad to be free from the paranoia that parents can bring. I guess that since we're going to be refering to my trip partner with some frequency throughout this little report, we should give her a name. I'll call her "Bamboozle," 'cause hey, why not? Bamboozle and I had been planning on tripping together for some time now, and it had never quite worked out in the past. Since she was going to England, she had let the lease on her appartment expire. This was to be her last night there. The electricity had already been turned off, along with the telephone service. Thankfully, the water still ran and candles were readily available. All this sounded just perfect to me. We dosed fairly early in the night, perhaps around 7:30 or 8:00 PM. I don't really recall exactly when. The sun was still out, though, and the shadows had started stretching out to ridiculous proportions. I guess it's not too terribly important when we dosed, really. Well, I measured out 32 milligrams, dissolved it in pineapple juice, and split the juice equally between our two wine glasses. Reaaaalllll classy. For the next hour or so, we talked and slowly sipped on our juice. About a half-hour after I'd finished my juice, I started feeling the effect. Bamboozle, however, was not feeling a thing, even an hour and a half after finishing. Prior to dosing, I'd measured out a 5 milligram booster dose for each of us. She dissolved her booster in juice, and took it down in one nice gulp. A bit more chatting, and a half-hour later she's finally feeling the T-2. Wonderful. We go out to my car (Don't panic yet, moderators) and turn on some tunes since the electricity is off inside. We listen to a bit of Bjork (of course) and some various other artists. Probably Sigur Ros, too. I remember the music being particularly involving, emotionally, and cranking it quite loudly given that we were sitting in a driveway, smoking cigarettes with the windows down. I knew we probably looked a bit odd, but that fact didn't bother me too much. Paranoia was at a minimum. Just like in previous trials, the night sky was absolutely gorgeous. The darkness was streaked with little traces of rainbows here and there. Wonderful. Lights looked as though they'd been refracted through a prism, giving off a beautiful little rainbow of colors all around them. The surfaces that they reflected off of shifted colors constantly... purple.. blue.. red.. shifty shifty. ... Anyway. We went back inside after a while, talked for a while, and eventually decided to smoke a bit of pot. I didn't have anything, but Bamboozle had purchased some shwag a few weeks earlier, and still had a bit on hand. We went up to her attic, bringing with us a few candles. She packed up my bowl with that dirty ditch-weed and we each took one or two hits. I stopped smoking after the second hit, when it became apparent to me that no more pot would be necessary to enhance the experience. For the next 10 minutes or so, Bamboozle mostly talked while I listened, until I realized that she'd been playing with the candle while I'd just been watching her. HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD. The candle was a big one, bowl-shaped, three wicks, the whole deal. It had different colors of wax in various sections, so everything had melted together on the edges. I didn't take notice of it for quite some time. Probably not until she poured some wax from another candle into it. EXPLOSION. I gasped when I saw that. When the little bits of wax dropped into the sea of liquid wax of the other one, the whole scene seemed to just EXPLOOOOODEEE with 3-dimensional fractals, the wax spreading out in complex grids, expanding outwards and then collapsing in upon itself. My god, that was amazing to watch. But that wasn't all. I looked deeper into the candle and saw bugs, fish, sharks, people, all swimming around in that sea of wax, chasing each other around. The flames turned into San Pedro cactuses, and the "shore line" crept up in an infinite display of colors along the edge of the bowl. I WENT OFF. holy holy holy holy holy shit, are you SEEING all this? Look a this! This is amazing! Look at the little bugs and cacti and animals! Look at the ship of wax being tugged under by the green waxy giant-squid! ARE YOU SEEING THIS ?! DO YOU SEE IT? "Yeah," she says, "I thought it was kind of an understood thing." HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! "Yeah," she says, "I know." She looks up for a minute at me, I'm sitting there, staring wide eyed, sipping my finger into it, watching the wax melt off my finger and form a perfect bubble which seems to reflect everything in the room. She asks me "You mean it's not always like this?" GOOD LORD NO, LOOK AT THIS, LOOK AT HOW WHEN YOU DROP THAT WAX INTO THIS IT EXPLODES WITH PERFECTION, GORGEOUSNESS! NO, IT'S NEVER LIKE THIS! "Wait wait wait. You mean. When you *normally* look at a candle.. you don't see this? You don't see all those things swimming around?" Nope! "Huh." We shared something of a slightly uncomfortable and very, very long silence here. Bamboozle looked at me again. "I think that I need to do some thinking about some things then..." The trip ended fairly uneventfully, each of us retiring to our respective beds after another session of listening to music in the driveway. I told her that she'd better email me and tell me what the hell it was that she was going to be doing all this thinking about, what her big revelation was, what exactly it was that she'd gotten out of the ngiht... Well, she did. Maybe it's not my place to share it, but it's too good of a story not to go on. Bamboozle has never really been effected by drugs much, at least, not mentally. Physically, yeah, she gets the body load, she gets the energy, but as far as her way of thinking and the way she percieves the world around her, she gets basically nothing. So what was her deal then? I got an email from her a while back, which basically said that the way that I see the world while tripping is the way that she sees the world while sober. Constantly. She said that she'd tried to explain it to people when she was younger, but no one ever understood, so she just keeps quiet about her little over-active imagination. I guess she never quite got past the semi-hallucinatory world of a child. I can't decide if it's a gift or a curse. The point being, however, that people see the world in *very* different ways. There was more to the email, details which made her conclusion all the more plausable, but in the name of brievity (and also, in order to make it to class on time), I'll be leaving it at this: She'd spent her whole life triping. So. Peace. ... Uhm.. Please pardon any errors in the above, I don't really have the time to proofread or edit at the moment... class... Tagged by Speed King substancecode_2ct2 substancecode_phenethylamines explevel_experienced exptype_positive exptype_glowing exptype_spiritual roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed reading.
I have been reading these boards for a while but decided to register just because of how you described your friend. It's kinda weird, I have a similar lifestyle as her. Mine really is not as severe as hers I guess, but I have some very bad sleeping habits, or lack there of. I sleep roughly 2-4 hours a night, I pretty much feel like complete shit throughout the whole day. When I look at things, they warp a bit, get bigger or smaller etc... and at any time if i'm outside and the sun is out, I can look up and see billions of little bubbles with little complex dots inside them darting around. Whenever I close my eyes I get waves of color/objects that i wish were not there. Perhaps your friend doesn't sleep that much? Why do you think that happens?
Once again, thanks for posting
[ 24 October 2002: Message edited by: The Footman ]

I think her sleep patterns are pretty stable, though I know that her dreams are remarkably intense, complex, and generally.. disturbing. As far as day-to-day visual distortions go, I think what you describe isn't terribly a-typical, especially if you have some history of psychedelic use. When I concentrate on things, I can "make" them distort a bit, but it certainly doesn't interfere with my regular life.
In her case, however, she has very, very detailed "distortions," though I wouldn't necessarily call them distortions as much as they are a very open-ended and imaginative way of viewing the world. Awareness. That's what it's all about. Granted, I can't speak for her, but I think she takes in quite a bit more from reality than most other people. And that's what it's all about, not distortions and hallucinations. We're talking about simple, unbridled awareness.
If I had to describe her, I'd say that she's reserved, a bit introverted, and very artistically inclined, both with her writing and her painting. She has had problems with depression before, and told me that she was SSRI's for about a year, which greatly reduced her "symptoms," if you want to call it that..
I'm generally not one to offer advice, but you could probably dramatically increase your quality of life by seeing a physician or psychologist about it, if for no other reason than to be told that you don't have any problems and don't need further assitance.
Give it some consideration, and think about how beautiful life *should* be for you. You probably deserve considerably more, and a professional can offer you help.
It's not meant to be a strife
It's not meant to be a struggle uphill
~Bjork
peace