Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-T-2 - - Experienced - - Hello Baby I'm Gone Goodbye

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
October 17, 2002
11:44 - I got up, took my love to work, came home, cleaned my home, and then swallowed a pill containing 22 mg of 2C-T-2. No food in my stomach. I’m going to log into my favorite mIRC internet chatroom and type to people while I wait for the come-up.
12:02 - I burped and yuck. I taste a strong chemical flavor. Never experienced that with a phene before except methylone. It’s strange because 2C-T-2 has no detectable odor.
12:05 - I swear it’s starting already. I am very lightheaded and there are the beginnings of a strong flow of energy. No euphoria, yet I have an ‘elated’ feeling. Actually, it is very difficult to put into words what I am feeling. Definite +1 though.
12:13 - I am having a lot of fun. Coming up on this T2, and typing to fellow heads about the nature of this substance, and the nature of this material in comparison to other 2Cs. Still feeling it mostly in my body at this point.
12:15 - First visual effects. Nice trails, and a slight bit of ‘sparklyness’ in my surroundings. No real mental effects yet. Body seems all right so far. Maybe a bit of a tummy rumble, but that is to be expected.
12:21 - Hmm, that tummy rumble has turned into full-on nausea. Time to smoke a bowl of nice marijuana. The effects are now at a +2. This material is definitely not gentle in coming on like the other 2C psychedelics I am familiar with. It is almost indole-like in the way it comes on fast and fierce. Effects are still kind of difficult to define. I have a strong sensation of energy flowing through my body, some visual trailing and movement in surrounding objects, a feeling of ‘heaviness’ in the head, but no real mental effects to speak. My mind still feels clear, observing as my body and eyes experience various changes.
12:29 - I’m feeling very nauseous, regardless of the pot. It didn’t really do anything except make me high, which makes the 2C-T-2 feel more intense.
12:33 - I’ve to say, 2C-T-2 is a strong substance at least at this level. It has been around two years since I took a large dose of this stuff, and it seems I’ve forgotten what it is like. Either that or I’m just getting older. Heh. Some mental effects, but difficult to put into words. I feel like I am ‘stepping back’ from myself. It is not entirely pleasant, but then perhaps I should get off this computer and listen to some music. I better drink some water because I’m going to vomit soon and my stomach is empty. Dry heaving is not pleasant.
12:39 – I’d say the effects are at a full +3 now. Full on movement in my environment, and a feeling of heightened existence/awareness/experience. The body does not feel good however. Strong nausea, almost as bad as I remember morning glory/woodrose to be. Then again it has been several years since I have had any of those. But there is intense nausea, and a feeling of heaviness in the body. And the energy surge is strong. I guess one could call this a body-load, but it is not as bad as the body-load I experience with 5-MeO-DiPT. As I remember it, 2C-T-2 should smooth itself out as I approach the peak. So hopefully the trip won’t be like this the whole time.
12:47 – Violently puked up a yellow, watery fluid. All I had to vomit up was water and stomach acids. Fun. I’m tripping hard now and I’m very flushed. I’m going to take a nice refreshing shower and get off this computer.
----------------------------------------------
It was odd that I chose 2C-T-2 as a vehicle for a trip because it is not one of my favorite materials. This was my fourth experience with it, and I can honestly say that only my initial exposure to 2C-T-2 was really all that enjoyable or redeeming. Subsequent experiences have not been. The dosage my first time was 20 mg, and it generated a full +3. I took 30 mg on my second try, which I found to be much too high a dosage to be useful or enjoyable. My third trip was with only 16 mg, which in retrospect was too mild of an experience to merit the intense nausea and vomiting caused by it; only a +2 was achieved. I debated between 20 mg and 24 mg for my fourth experience, and finally elected for 22 mg figuring that would be a good compromise.
I can’t say that I had any particular purpose or goal with this trip (not that goal-oriented tripping works or is even a good thing), but it wasn’t just something recreational. What I am saying is, I wasn’t looking for any particular answers nor did I have any particular questions. I just had this feeling inside that I needed a good trip, and I simply acted on my hunch. It is also worth noting that this was my first solo trip in ages.
The first hour or so was spent on the computer talking in a chatroom and making notes of my experience. After vomiting, I felt much better. Though the nausea cycled throughout the trip, and my stomach never really felt great, the worst part of the experience was behind me. I went to take a relaxing shower, and I ended up sitting on the bathtub floor with the shower on for nearly 45 minutes seemingly lost inside of myself. My thoughts seemed to revolve in a continuous circle of questioning why I decided to take 2C-T-2, wondering where the trip would go, and examining the effects and nature of this material in comparison with the other phenethylamines I have sampled.
With considerable effort, I finally dragged myself out of the shower (to which I had become habituated it seems to sitting in) and went to my bedroom to smoke some more pot. This brought the trip up to an even higher intensity. Objects outside my direct view of vision would seemingly fill with light and energy, then expand in size and would fill up in tremendous colors. The energy flowing through me at this point was strong. It didn’t feel good, but it wasn’t quite bad either. It just was. In fact, much of the trip wasn’t good or bad, it simply was something to be experienced. Neither positive nor negative.
I decided music was the key, and I loaded my CD walkman with “Wake of the Flood” by the Grateful Dead. The first song, Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodleoo, had the lyric, “Hello baby I’m gone goodbye”, and it seemed to sum up how I was feeling. Soon I filled up with powerful emotions. It reminded me of the intense emotions I get with 2C-T-7, except these were not necessarily positive. They also weren’t negative. They were just intense emotions that were very neutral in nature. The rest of the CD wasn’t quite as inspiring, but I listened anyway lost in the experience. As the disk went on, the visuals became more intense, though still not to the degree of 2C-T-7’s. I watched as my bedroom bent and contorted in a variety of different manors. Colors danced around me, and my hands left incredible trails as I moved them in front of my eyes.
My thoughts didn’t really seem to be going anywhere, or in any particular direction. My existence did not seem to be anything beyond the bed I was laying on, and the music I was listening to. I tried to focus my attention on my current situation (college graduate trying to get a job in my field) in an attempt to gain some insights, but I couldn’t. The trip was too strong at this point for focusing on anything. All I could do was simply experience. And the experience was very…neutral. I don’t think I have ever had a trip before that had so little feeling or specific emotion to it. A trip with so little content to it. But it was intense. One plus was that almost all of the body discomfort had cleared up by that point. The energy flow had smoothed out and I now almost felt relaxed. My body had a feeling of warmth emanating from my chest. My stomach was still a little upset, but I wouldn’t call it severe nausea anymore.
Around the 3-hr point, the CD ended and I felt I had reached the peak. I decided a change of environment was in order. I moved to my living room and brought the Radiohead CD, “Kid A” with me. I also brought some nitrous oxide. I pressed play on my machine and as the song Everything in its Right Place got going, I inhaled the contents of one cartridge. The results were intense as can be expected. I was catapulted out of my living room and into hyperspace. I must have experienced complete ego loss, because I only remember leaving and coming back. There is a period of 30 seconds or so that I can not recall. As I was returned, the colors in the room were bright and intense and objects in my field of view danced and wavered before my eyes. I also noticed that for a few moments, the pitch of the singer seemed to have dropped a few steps. It was particularly interesting because I don’t ever recall nitrous oxide ever producing audio distortions like that.
As the nitrous wore off, I slipped into a slightly unpleasant dream-like state that had a touch of paranoia to it. Though the CD played on, I felt disconnected from the music. I was lost in an internal world of thought, though I can’t recall what I was thinking about in particular, if anything. I remember that I would open my eyes, look around as if in a daze, and shut them again. There was a vaguely uncomfortable feeling to the trip at this point, as well as some dissociation from my body. I remember becoming quite alarmed at noises I thought I heard. A few times I got up to look out the window because I kept hearing people walking around outside my window. I now doubt I heard anything. After looking out the window, I would sink back down into a daze and the process would repeat itself. This continued until the CD ended and I got up in an attempt to ground myself. This was the 4-hr point and the trip was starting to fizzle out a bit. I noted a slight headache, and decided to make some tea and have a bit of a snack. That pretty much marked the end of my trip. I spent the comedown on the computer typing about my experience in my favorite chatroom as I recovered.
I believe this will be the last time I sample 2C-T-2. Overall, I am just not pleased with the quality of the trip it produces. As compared with the other phenethylamines I have sampled (2C-I, 2C-T-7, MDMA, MDA, and methylone), this one carries the fewest rewards. As I noted before, only my first trip with 2C-T-2 was rewarding. This one in particular was neutral, to almost uncomfortable, in nature. I never achieved any states of insights or clarity. It was more of an experience of being intoxicated on a psychedelic, and experiencing various psychedelic phenomena, without the rewards of enlightenment or personal insights. In general, it seems that 2C-T-2 carries some of the visionary and emotional properties of 2C-T-7, and some of the deep thinking of 2C-I…but all in all, the experience falls quite short of either of those two compounds. That, coupled with the extreme nausea, makes the desire to use this substance again almost non-existent.
[ 22 October 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]
[ 22 October 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]
[ 23 October 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

MGS, as usual your trip reports are eloquently written while still providing information to a user curious about the substance. I am glad I got to chat with you on IRC during the come-up stages of your trip :)
Peace, my friend, and happy trips.

As always, another winning report from MGS.
Nice work mate, hope you enjoyed your experiance as much as I enjoyed reading it :)

I really enjoyed reading this report. :)
Just Curious, You said you had an experience with a higher dose, did you feel any greater spiritual or psychological stimulation with a higher dose, or was it about the same?
Thanks for sharing

No, 2C-T-2 isn't really all that spiritual or insightful to me. On top of that, it isn't really a lot of fun either. That's why I don't see myself taking it again. My highest dosage ever with this material was 30 mg, and that amount was too much to really enjoy, much less derive anything valuable or insightful from it. I think around 20 mg is the best dosage.
Oh, and thanks for the nice words fellas.
[ 23 October 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

Excellent job MGS
I almost wonder if perhaps your body does not react well to 2C-T-2. Most people seem to report more positive experiences.
Perhaps Ill have to find out for myself. Thank you for posting

I don't particularly enjoy 2C-T-2 either. I think 2C-T-7 and 2C-I are much more beneficial and interesting. T-2 just seems like a dirty version of T-7.
Nice report, of course...

good trip report...as always
[ 24 October 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]

Will you all please quit emailing me asking me for T2. I don't sell, trade, or give away psychedelics to people I meet on the internet. Thank you.

Good report MGS. I empathize with you, as I've had more than a few psychedelic experiences of the neutrality that you describe. In my experience this is what usually happens when I trip just for the sake of tripping. Of course, maybe its just the nature of the drug, as with most of my foxy experiences.