Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - 3rd Time - Powerful Drug![Long post]

quest313

Bluelighter
Below is my account of an experience with DXM on the night of October 15 in my apartment. The following was not all recorded at the time of my trip, but was added later. I found typing and organizing my thoughts to be very difficult during the evening, so I would leave little timestamps and reminders of ideas to trigger my memory later. Consequently what you find below is the flesh I have added to the bone, while my memory is still fresh. Dialog enclosed in astericks represents remarks made during my trip that I have left to help better illustrate my mood or actions.
9:00 PM ***Drink one whole bottle of honey cough.*** (roughly 570 mg of dxm ( only active ingredient), should be more than enough for reaching a 3rd level plateau ).
10:00 PM ***Now just starting to get in to the trip. Real World is on MTV. Something very emotional is happening and I’m worried that it might be bad for my trip. Its hard to make sense out of what is happening. I have my first cigarette. Ugh, they taste soo weird on robo, I think I’ll refrain from doing that anymore tonight.***
10:30 PM Still watching TV although I know the effects will be on strong soon. Each commericial now seems to last at least half an hour. Time is slowing down to robo speed.
11:00 PM. Its amazing how long you can be sitting down after taking robo just thinking to yourself “is it affecting me yet?” But then you get up and begin to walk you realize your human body has been transformed into some alien being. Traditional walking now seems difficult to master. My sober roommate observes as I tiptoe like some childish elf about the house.
On robo I always have this feeling I need to be somewhere, and I’ll get up and just start walking away before I realize I have no idea what I’m doing, or where I’m going.
I’ve started to think a lot about the differences between robo and other drugs and have come to the conclusion that roboing can give me more of a pure appreciation for a drug rather than most common drugs I’ve tried. The main reason is a lot of other drugs there is a stereotypical effect that users are supposed to feel, and I believe actual feeling is some middle road between these two.
As the dxm plane begins to reappear in my life, I begin thinking about the differences between the two planes of living (normal and dxm). After a while of thought I realize I have have some power to switch between these two planes. This is demonstrated later while talking to my girlfriend.
11:35 PM My roommate has gone to bed. The insanity of tripping solo now begins. But I’m not alone I see that my monitor now has a life of its own. It breathes deeply and mirrors my head movements. My font once static is now alive and pulsing.
11:39 PM I find myself staring at my old trip report about the two planes and it makes me ponder about the planes of life irl and internet.
Dxm likes to come pull me along make me a different person and I just let it go . I let it change me for awhile, I get an insight of another life. I think my fearlessness is one reason I appreciate this drug. My non-resistance to its effects can be very rewarding
***I hear ringing, pounding. Ouch! I need music.***
***The thoughts begin to come on now like a river. Woah can’t handle too much thinking.*** But everything seems to make sense. For some reason things are always clearer on robo. I understand the meaning of life. All of us have been given a prize, and that prize is earth. It is our garden of eden. But for some reason we don’t realize it. We get so caught up in everyday lives we never stop to appreciate the simple things, the beauty. Stuff makes so much sense now. ***The only thing we really desire is a hot sun, blue sky, and a green grass and the happiness that goes along with them.***
***The walls and room appear to shake as I have more revelations.***
Abruptly the reality plane collides with the dxm plane and a ferocious battle ensues. My concepts of religion are now matched against these new experiences. I convince myself I must be the devil to have such thoughts.
I begin to see a near future of human evolution. We are very soon reaching the peak of evolution. As soon as we learn to satisfy all our simplest desires taken in through the five senses, we will cease to advance and possibly regress as life forms? We don’t really care why were here, we’re more interested in being happy while we are here.
***What will the future of the world be?***
11:53 PM
Feeling very good, and excited about my discoveries thus far.
I ponder trying to squeeze my Robo world into real world, so I’d like it a lot more.
My mind drifts to contact of aliens and more importantly perception. Could it be possible that I could possess powers to listen and recognize signs that a human would not ordinarily be able to discern? At first thought it seems like nonsense. Then I think more about the mysteries of the brain. The brain has to be one of the most mysterious objects in our world. It could be possible that that a chemical could so excite a certain part of the brain making it sensitive to certain phenomena. I must look into this more later.
***Tonight Robotussin has elected me as king of a lot of people.*** I sit behind my computer, however I have omnipotent power. I feel at the command of a large army.
12: 06 AM
I’m wondering about switching modes again. For some reason this thought scares me.
Whenever I pose a question, it appears as though the monitor asks me the same question back. This adds to my confusion. The monitor appears to push me to deeper and deeper levels.
***This drug is squeezing my brain, and I find so much coming out…***
I’m now reflecting about a potential business idea involving drugs and online chat. Nonsense.
Discussion with monitor….
***If your gonna jump out and grab me do it for pete sake stop your morphing around and make what I say [stand up straight]***
***The monitor mimics my movements it’s me the text I type goes off to the left and ther I stand***
1:07 AM
I think of my monitor as a method of capturing my ideas and preserving them. I warn the monitor to be careful that my thoughts are not light, but deep and heavy. Below is how I express this under the influence
***thought packager my monitor yes you are go now now package that one, be carefule it’s heavy***
I have trouble dealing with depth of thought I’m experiencing. Its so foreign to me. Each thought I have seems to go deeper and deeper, and every new thought is typed below the last. This amuses me as you can see below.
***why does it go this deep?
Aren’t there sharks down here?
Its pretty scary here***
My attention is drawn to Clip it. The Microsoft Office assistant. His movements agitate me. I seek to communicate with him, and typing appears to be a proper channel. I type threats at him repeatedly as seen below. My tantrum is eventually ended when he responds by telling me the following “If you would like to type the same thing over and over, you should use the cut and paste function. (or something to that effect)”
***Clip its dead! Im gonna kill him~ y eah you thin your getttina away this time huh well no!***
1:25 AM
***I’ve understood the world a couple times already but no jazz yet…..***
I talk to Carol (gf) on IM and she wants to talk on the phone. I call her and have a conversation that seems to last for a very long time, but according to her did not last long at all. I tell her of some of my experiences thus far. Its hard to express myself on robotussin but I am managing a lot better than I have done previously. Carol hardly notices the difference when I first talk to her. During the conversation I find myself drifting off with fascinating CEV’s. She yells at me and I come back to reality. I close my eyes and picture the two of us as dots. Now by associating the sound of our conversation with the dots, I feel her physical presence. Because of the disassociative properties of dxm, I can easily associate with being the dot. This fascinates me. I don’t feel alone anymore. I tell Carol to try the same, but I don’t think she understands.
2:00 AM
During this trip most of the time I feel like I just got dropped into the middle of another life. Much of my time is spent trying to orient myself with my surroundings. Ideas come and go very fast. I get up and walk around my room for no reason. Decisions I have made are usually forgot before I can act on them. Rational is certainly irrational.
I somehow manage to connect my headphones to the computer after many decisions to do so. I have no sense at all of volume level. A scream sounds like a whisper and vice versa. I don’t want to wake up my roommates so I opt for the headphones. I’m lucky that the volume is already at a good setting.
I finally turn on some jazz (tito Puente – Spain) and lie down on my carpet. My initial plan was to play many songs however I got so into the song and my dream like CEV’s that I ended up listening to the same song over and over for probably near ten times. Winamp was set to repeat mode and the new version seems to play an intro at the end of the previous song. Consequently the end of each of my trips would spawn into a entirely new trip. My CEV dreams would waiver in intensity throughout the time I was listening. Some times my mind would go blank with no input at all. Other times I found myself immersed in a 3 dimensional world. I can’t recall a lot of what I seen but I remember a lot of the reoccurring themes. Most of the time I would be moving through some type of world. The movement was usually sliding and quite frequently there would be some type of wall or texture directally in front of me. There were occasional feelings of free fall and floating. Most of the visualizations were directly connected to the jazz I was listening to at the time. Different instruments portrayed different objects in my dreams. I was for the most part totally unaware of my actual current surroundings (lying on the floor in my bedroom), and would be reminded of this when I would hear door slams in the middle of my dreams (people signing off on IM) This confused me several times.
One of my CEV’s that I can recall the easiest happened during my conversation with Carol. It was for the most part two dimensional as I recall. In the middle of the scene were two large blocks of ice in the form of conveyor belts. At the bottom right of each of the belts were two pictures (one of me and one of Carol) As Carol would talk on the phone her words appeared on the conveyor belt and would slide along to the left. Looking down the conveyor belt was a history of what she said. As I answered her, my words appeared on the other conveyor belt and moved parallel with hers towards the left.
2:40 AM
I eventually open my eyes from listening to jazz, and began the orientation process. My mind feels very overworked and I feel tired. I decide to go to bed.
In bed I find the disassociative feelings very appealing. The most annoying is the CEV’s that still are active. I have a few more conscious dreams and eventually fall asleep after what seemed like probably twenty to thirty minutes ( however this could have been as little as five in robo time).
[ 18 October 2002: Message edited by: quest313 ]

good report. i love hearing dxm stories, they are always so interesting, and it's something i can relate to, since i do have a chunk of experience with it.
on a side note, if you actually want to kill clippy, you can do it here: http://www.deanliou.com/winrg/
(it may take you a minute or so to fing him and kill him, but i think the whole joke there is worth it)
did you actually refrain from smoking cigerettes the whole night? i'm just curious, b/c when i dxm, i love to smoke, it's just so much more unique then normal. but maybe i'm just odd...

wow and I took 630mg and felt much less stoned than you. do you weigh like 40kg? I weigh 64kg so id need like 900mg to get your experence.

Interesting report.
rofl @ MS office assistant
:)