• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AMT - 1st Time - Pleasant and Visual

KrazyMike69

Bluelighter
Substance - Amount - Method
AMT - 30 mg - Oral
Cannabis - 3 Bowls - Smoked
AMT - 10 mg - Oral
After doing a lot of research and reading many experience reports, my friend (We'll call him "R") and I finally decided to give alpha-methyltryptamine (AMT) a try. We attempted to fast for 12 hours before dosing. I managed to do it, but R caved in and ate something about 45 minutes before. We did not have a scale that measured down to milligrams so we decided to dissolve the AMT in alcohol and measure using mL. This method is much safer than just eyeballing the powder because it is very easy to be off by as much as 30 mg or so. So, we dissolve 250 mg of AMT into 100 mL of 80 proof Vodka. That provides us with 2.5 mg per 1 mL or 2.5 mg/mL. By the way, the AMT powder is white colored and has a very strong smell to it. The room sort of smelled like a chemical lab after we were done making the solution. Anyway, we decide to only dose 30 mg each since this is our first time with AMT. We each drink down 12 mL (or 30 mg) and it tasted and smelled pretty bad. The time at this point is approximately 11:00 PM. We also take 2 Dramamine tablets each to combat the nausea and 2 Magnesium tablets to help with the jaw clenching. In order to help pass the time for the AMT to kick in (which reportedly can take up to 2 hours or so) we decide to watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." After roughly 30 minutes, I begin to slightly feel the effects.
At T+1 hour our friend "E" leaves to go home and now it is just R and I. We are both feeling the AMT now and are most likely past the come up and moving into the plateau stage of the trip. During the come up, I felt nauseous only for a few minutes but it quickly passed. Now I have a nice body buzz going that I cannot really compare to anything else. I guess some people do not like it, but R and I enjoyed it. At this point I am also starting to see some mild visual distortions. The curtains next to me began blowing and waving around; certain parts of the carpeting would light up and swirl and move, sometimes forming what looked like numbers; and the whole backside of my living room wall looked 'liquidy' and would drip down and tilt backwards and forwards. At one point, I went to the bathroom and I got a lot of visuals in there. The whole toilet started to shrink and stretch, the floor tiles began to swirl and move like waves, and the wall next to me looked like it was breathing. It was all fun stuff. R reports that he is seeing the same kinds of things. Both of us felt somewhat sleepy during the movie for some reason and we'd end up closing our eyes for awhile and getting some cool CEVs. We are not sure if the tiredness was caused by the Dramamine or just because it was so late. But I could feel the energy and somewhat speedy effects of the AMT right along with my tiredness. After the movie was over, we decide to listen to some music. I put on a Techno mix and we both start to drift off again, listening to the tracks. Music sounded clearer and better and I could feel pulses of energy going through me during the songs. I also got some cool CEvs that went with the music.
At T+4 hours the CD was a little over half over and so we decide to smoke some weed and see what it does to our trip. We smoke about 3 bowls out on my porch and the weed high went well with the AMT. I also notice that AMT does indeed feel 'vibraty', sort of like pulses of energy going through you. At this point, we thought we'd try and boost another 10 mg to enhance the trip a little more. We down another 4 mL (or 10 mg) each and decide to watch another movie. We pick "Jacob's Ladder" since it is a pretty intense, trippy kind of movie. While I am watching the movie, I start to see smalls squares of color splitting off from the screen and floating around. I also see small bits of color and light that flash in front of my vision from time to time. After the movie is over, R and I decide to call it a night since it is really late and we are both starting to come down from the trip.
Overall, AMT seems to be an interesting and unique substance. However, it is definitely more of a visual drug, at least at the 30-40 mg level, because it did not seem to spark any enlightening conversations or deep, mind-expanding thought. Early the next day we still feel some after effects of the drug. The lingering effects leave us both feeling positive and refreshed, although lethargic too. This was a good, first time experience on AMT and next time we would like to try it in the 50-60 mg range.

Welcome to bluelight! Excellent report! I am impressed. :)
Good work using the dilution method to work out your dose, It's very useful for people who don't have mg-accuracy scales, and thankyou for reading the forum guidelines before posting.

Good report, thank you for sharing. I am always interested in hearing the completely different opinions that people tend to have reguarding AMT. It is very interesting :)

Good report, thanks for posting and welcome to Bluelight!