View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy NBOMe-Mescaline Thread

stom10

Bluelighter
The warning message below applies very generally to NBOMe compounds. However the mescaline variant is much less potent and it is not known if it carries similar risks.

It is always wise to assume that the same safety precautions and considerations must be taken.

25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

poison.jpg

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Examples of chemicals belonging to this family include 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, 25i-NBOH, 25c-NBOH.
Nicknames include "25i", "25c", N-bomb, N-bome etc.

Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
  • We don't know how it kills.
  • People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
  • We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
  • If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
  • If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
  • If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source.
  • A good rule of thumb these days is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"
  • If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!
25x is difficult to dose properly
  • Tolerance builds quickly, but toxicity may still occur.
  • Doses can often be unpredictable and uneven, even from the same sheet.
  • There is an unknown but narrow margin between a fun dose, and an overdose.
  • Reactions may vary wildly between individuals, but can also be inconsistent for the same person. Previous successful experiences offer no guarantees.

NBOMe substances are cheap and widely available, however they are not well understood, and have caused a number of deaths. There are safer and (arguably) better substances to begin with than these. Know your drugs, do your research, and spread the word!

And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be x.x mg (xxxxu g).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

N-benzyloxymethyl-3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine

It seems like some Nichols work has finally made it into the wild. I'm not sure if he tested this one directly, but I know he did the 2C-I and 2C-B N-benzyl derivatives, and they had much higher affinities. Whether this means more potent (or more importantly, subjectively better) hallucinogenic effects remains to be seen.

So what could be expected from this? More potent mescaline analog? A dud? I guess it remains to be seen, but if anyone has any intuitions or published material I'm unaware of, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post about this. Given that the NBOMe 2c-x's are potent in the microgram range I'd assume this would be quite potent in the single mg range, but who knows. I really can't find any info about this chemical online.

I really hope some people can share some more information on this one, more mescaline analogues are very welcomed.
Unfortunately I'm not one willing to try this on myself when there is next to zero information out there on this NBOMe-Mescaline.
The price of it is very appealing though, Might purchase a small amount in a few months and keep it around till some more information comes out on this one.

As far as I know these derivatives are not orally active and must be used intranasally, rectally or IV. First pass metabolism chews them up, at least with the 2c-x analogues. But I guess we'll see when someone eats it.

I'd like to think this was structurally different enough to avoid the analogue, but it's an arbitrary demon it is.

Last edited:
I was about to post a thread about this chem, actually, as it has become available.
There really isnt much info on this, maybe we should compile a bit of a 'basics' page for it?

First time poster, long time lurker; just saw a vendor add this chemical. I've never even heard of it before. I think insufflation of this chem is NOT A GOOD IDEA (just in case someone reading this decides to buy some and insufflate in the name of SCIENCE!) - especially if it is actually active at the µg level. I'm considering purchasing this myself and doing some tests with it, does anyone have any information on dosage, or could a chemist add their two cents? Considering I don't have a scale that can measure micrograms, how would I go about separating a dose? Dilution with water?

I'd check out the liquid measurement thread. You'll still need a scale that weighs mg pretty accurately. But you can put say 20mg into 200mL and accurately dose microgram levels that way. I'll probably try an oral titration starting at around 250µg and work up to 5 or 10mg (if necessary), since i'm not sure it'll be active orally. In which case I'll try a simiar titration via other dosage routes. Probably try and get a GC/MS done as well, but that unfortunately depends on my shaky financial situation at the moment.

If I remember right these analogues were only about 10x the potency of their 2C counterparts -- so the active dose may lie somewhere between 10-25mg. Potency also increases with electronegativity in the 4-position in contrast to the inverse effects in 2c-x compounds. They seem to have some wacky different active binding conformation that prefers this.

But mescaline is a weird one in that it's really readily metabolized in the body up until a dosage that is believed to saturate whatever breaks it down. Without an alpha-methyl group (since that abolishes affinity in these compounds) and no 2-position substituent, I'm not sure it'll be easy to make an estimate for the activity of this one. I also can't find the reference for the affinity for them, which should be in this journal: Naunyn-Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 359 (Suppl 3): R29. Nichols also wasn't the one who discovered these compounds, so I'm not sure they should be ascribed to him (rather it was the authors of the aforementioned article, Pertz HH, Rheineck A, and Elz S). The remainder were mostly created as a Ph.D. project for Ralf Heim.

It seems that Mr. Heim may have been aware of the lack of oral potency of these derivatives, since he went on to develop the methylated derivatives included below. Like amphetamine, they are methylated adjacent to the amine. Heim uses them for a stereochemistry study, though I'm curious as to some other intent (avoiding amine metabolism). These compounds also appear to be active agonists, down in potency from the non-methylated derivatives.

Attachments

• methylatedderivatives.png
    methylatedderivatives.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,780
here is a relevant quote from the N-benzyl-PEA's thread from ADD
"N-(2-methoxybenzyl)-tryptamines and N-methyl-N-(2-methoxybenzyl)-tryptamines are inactive. Most of the 3,4,5-substituted PEAs are also inactive with the exception for NBOMe-mescaline, that require a 50-100 mg dose for a trip. NBOMe-2C-H is active at 5-10 mg. NBOMe amphetamines are about ten times weaker than their phenylethylamine counterparts."-forum member Erny

and as said before, probably not orally active.

PS i found the company that sells this stuff, and for what it's worth, the supplied NMR-spectrum looks pretty good on first glance

Glad to see someone started a thread about this intriguing chem as I will be sampling some soon.

Would like to see more on dosages and ROA if possible. :)

Whoa, whoa...a trip report from 'that other board' suggests that NBOMe-2C-C exerts moderate activity in humans with 250 micrograms insufflated.

ebola

Right, Chlorine is a good nucleophile so it's not surprising. However, we do not have affinity/EC data for the mescaline analog as I had noted before. The ether may act as an electron pair donor, but I'm not sure how effective it will be.

Definitely start around 1mg for this one and work your way up, intranasal may also prove to be much strong than oral (if Erny's dosages were oral).

Easiest way is to solvate it in H2O and a preservative and make a nasal spray with it using one of those nasal allergy bottles found at drugstores (figure out what 2-3 squirts is equivalent to with a micropipette and a 1.5mL tube).