Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Hash (Cannabis Keif) - Expierenced - I can build houses with music

rm-rf

Bluelight Crew
KIEF - expierenced - I can build houses with music

*edited spellings heh*
Ok first off, I have been smoking marijuana for a long long time, but have never smoked what is called "kief." Apparently, after my friend grew 50 plants or so, he cured his plants and removed all the crystals from the buds, and stored them in a small baggie.
So about 12:00am last night we smoked some average BCs, some very strong quality hash, and this amazing kief. We would put a small amount of herb in the bowl, a tiny sprinkling of hash, and cover it with a very thick layer of kief. My friend J smoked the first bowl. The kief smells so strong I said it was like burning marijuana insence. Seriously it smelled like there were 50 plants right in the room with us. We packed personal bowls because a dood said you need to try and smoke as much of the kief in one hit as you can, then smoke the rest to your head.
J takes one huge hit. He held it in and diddnt cough, and let out a stream of smoke that filled the entire living room of the apartment we were in. He finished the bowl in 5 hits, and packs up one MEGA bowl of kief for me. It was a tanish, crystaline powder. Looked like really shitty street heroin in the darkly lit room, heh.
I took as big as a hit as I could. My lungs felt like millions of tiny needles were ripping them apart. I held it in for 15 seconds or so and exhaled. I coughed about 2 mins straight, it burnt beyond belief (Ive taken rips from a 3 foot bong and have held back the urge to cough before, but this shit was intense). I took 5 or 6 more hits, and passed it on. The smell was so strong it smelled like a marijuana greenhouse.
P and M and P2 all coughed like crazy when they smoked their bowls. I include the coughing because
all of us are regular smokers and rarely cough. The scene looked kinda like "Half Baked" when Thurgood brings home the Mowie Wowie from his work.
After about 2 mins, my face literally felt like it was melting off, way more so than when normally stoned. I had a VERY hard time comprehending anything people were saying to me. We played Halo on Xbox and someone had the functions of the two movement sticks reversed, and it took me nearly 30 mins to figure out why my guy was moving the exact opposite of how I wanted him to move! When I looked around the room, everything seemed slow motion. We had some trance playing, who ever it was they really sucked. But as I was listening to the music, I noticed I was imagining each line of music in the song as a part of a house. For instance the baseline was the botttom half of the house, and the two other synths playing were the second and third stories. Other effects would produce objects in the air around it. The percussion all made up the borderlines and edges of the house. It was really funny cuz I was manipulating and moving around parts of the house and the colorschemes etc, as the music progressed on. Ive done things like this mental projection on stronger psyches like MDMA and definetly with mushrooms, but havent ever gotten "my minds eye" this active when I was simply blazed.
Basically I was higher off of weed than I ever could have imagined. Kief is the shit. Just smoke one bowl and youll feel liek you smoked about 7 bowls of G-13 or something. I went to bed about 6am still sufficiently high, and slept for 10 hours straight. :-D
[ 19 September 2002: Message edited by: THE WOOD ]

Keif (trichromes) can be very strong. Sometimes it is found as a green powder, but the amberish "crystals" are the best. I never force my keif, so it always is very light amber and very potent. I dont like exposing flame to the keif, so I smoke it out of a oil/crack pipe. It smokes very harsh, but around 20mg can produce strong results (probably 1-3mg of thc).

I noticed I was imagining each line of music in the song as a part of a house. For instance the baseline was the botttom half of the house, and the two other synths playing were the second and third stories. The percussion all made up the borderlines of the house. It was really funny cuz I was manipulating and moving around parts of the house and the colorschemes etc, as the music progressed on.
Very interesting! :) ...about "the house". I find that when I smoke quite a bit whilst pilling, my brain seems to construct images to go with the music.
Try to do the same thing next time you pill, maybe not as much weed though. Trance works the best. "Sungod - Festival Of Fools" (psy-trance), wouldn't say I love it but it does the trick for me! I envisaged some sort of road race, kind of hard to describe...
Sounds like good stuff anyway, if you saw that just from weed!
Next time I get some decent weed I'm gonna treat myself to a herb grinder, hmmm...

After about 2 mins, my face literally felt like it was melting off. I had a VERY hard time comprehending anything people were saying to me. When I looked around the room, everything seemed slow motion.
That's me no matter what I smoke, which is why I can't do it in a very social setting. I become a social retard (at the risk of sounding un-p.c.)

Recently, I have done the same thing, although I don't think what your smoking is keef.
Keef ( as described by "The Marijuana Connosier" circa 1970's (its my dads book :p) is "The flowers from the male marijuana plant".
I may be wrong, but if your smoking the crystals, I dont think its keef. I did this two days ago, put a very small amount onto some aluminium foil and smoked it like meth.
A good explanation of why the crystals form http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=002659&r=4
Props to phase_dancer for that one :)
Nice trip report too, I love getting super-bent! ;)

From my understanding is spelled "kif" or "keif", and is the crystal-like resin flakes that is caught through a very fine screen.
The flowers from a male marijuana plant? I thought males didnt have flowers?

Perhaps that what the book says, but in today's common parlance, at least in norcal, kief are the crystals that are caught through a a very fine screen. I've seen kief that was so light it was almost whitish in color.
I also would doubt the potency of 1-3 mg of THC in 20mg of kief. For instance many high grade strains of marijuana currently available such as blueberry and white widow can have as much as 15% - 18% THC content. If you can get high quality kief it would almost certainly be higher than these numbers due to the fact that the crystals that make up the kief have a higher THC content than the buds themselves.

Yes I was trying to be conservative with that estimate, THC levels could be pretty high. Ive never seen white keif, but mine is consistent light yellow crystals (the glimmer in the light). I never shake or grind the buds against the screen, I merely let them fall as I move the container and take out buds for smoking. The smoke is very sharp tasting and can cause gagging. It tastes like peanuts.

Perhaps that what the book says, but in today's common parlance, at least in norcal, kief are the crystals that are caught through a a very fine screen. I've seen kief that was so light it was almost whitish in color.
Yeah thats what I was told. As for the book, like 9 people told me it was called Kief so, thats just want I called it.
I made this report cuz I smoked weed for about 5 years or so and ive never come across this, only heard of it. So I figured thered be someone else out there who had never smoked it.
Had some again tonight, its a very very light tanish-white color, and likes like sand from a foot or so away but up close you can see the crystalline form. Marijuana is a hobby, not a habit!

Ahhhh keef... I like the report, yes keef commonly refers to the crystals that form on really nice bud, and they can be collected via a "keef screen" or just by keeping weed in the same container for a long time(they usually fall off if the weed is knocked around a lot). Smoking keef is simply wonderful... (I have also seen people snort it!) God I wish I just had a pound of keef at my disposal, I would make the world a happy place.

Snorting "keef" is pretty pointless since it is plant matter, its just a longer route to your stomach, plus you get herbs stuck in your nose (and anyone with hayfever will sneeze like fuck because its polon/plant material), and theres the chance of inhaling the keef, which you don't want in your lungs.

^true, that would be like snorting a line of weed, except a hell of a lot stickier.
Oh and a FOAF has an elbow, and believe me, around here the world has been made a happy place.
I would also not advise smoking Kief whilst enjoying more than 6 beers or any hard liquor. It will put your mind in such a confused state that the english language sounds naught but sheer gibberish and moaned grunts.
However I am anxious to see what smoking Kief and a little marijuana with mushrooms would be like.

Good report! It is nice to see a report on a drug that many people often take for granted!
:)

"Kief" ("kiff", "keef" etc...) is the colloquial Moroccan Arabic word for pot dude, just like "marijuana" is the Mexican term and "ganja" an Indian term and "pot" an American English term.
What you call "keef" (trichromes) is in fact 1st grade hashish.

Really, keif is unfinished hash. The next step is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, wrap that with wet newspaper, heat it in a frying pan (to melt all the crystals together), and then press under a hydraulic press or beat it for a hour. Then you have hash. The reason hash you make yourself is so much better is because it is not diluted. Usually (and hopefully ) crushed leaf is the cut used.
I’ve never bought any hash that was half as good as any I’ve made. I’ve met a few people who make it well too, but no one I know has ever sold any. It’s just too precious.
If you want to make some good hash of your own, learn how to make ice hash. This is my preferred method of separating the little glands. You could read about it on overgrow.com.
[ 25 September 2002: Message edited by: Stoned_At_The_Beach ]

"Kief" ("kiff", "keef" etc...) is the colloquial Moroccan Arabic word for pot dude, just like "marijuana" is the Mexican term and "ganja" an Indian term and "pot" an American English term.
Actually, I learned the term from people who have been growing for 5-10 years. It is the accepted term for "crystals that fall off buds whislt being cured." Whatever its origin, in the NE usa, thats what Kief means.
And as for hashbrowns, I often come in contact with browns that are created by individuals overseas who devote their entire lives to it. I think the kief was even stronger than that stuff.
[ 25 September 2002: Message edited by: THE WOOD ]

Originally posted by THE WOOD:

Whatever its origin, in the NE usa, thats what Kief means.

I take note of that - but beware the confusion if you ever go to Morocco or Europe and mentions kiff...

Originally posted by THE WOOD:

Actually, I learned the term from people who have been growing for 5-10 years. It is the accepted term for "crystals that fall off buds whislt being cured." Whatever its origin, in the NE usa, thats what Kief means.
[ 25 September 2002: Message edited by: THE WOOD ]

Yes, as well as in Colorado...you are correct WOOD