Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Wellbutrin/Meth/Benzos - Experienced - Crazy Hallucinations

fairnymph

Bluelighter
I started taking Wellbutrin 9 days ago. 3 days ago I moved up to 300 mg (I started at 100 mg). Yesterday evening I had some moderate hand tremors which subsided by nighttime. Last night, I took 150 mg of Wellbutrin at 9:00 pm.

At 12:00 am, I took 40 mg methamphetamine (94.9% pure) orally (experienced meth user)
The effects of the meth kicked in about 15 minutes later. I was feeling nice, but it was not overly intense. I had some nice head tingling (which I had earlier the day befor) from the meth etc. I do feel that WB raises your (meth)amphetamine tolerance.

At 2:20 am, I took 45 mg meth, again orally.
I begin feeling QUITE nice and do not come down fully until 6:30 am.

I took 150 mg wellbutrin at around 7:30 am. along with septra (a sulfa-based antibiotic, taken prophylactically daily after sex to prevent frequent UTIs).
At 9:15 am, I took 1.25mg Ativan, and 1 mg Xanax (intermediate experience with benzos).
I started feeling sleepy (and fell over when trying to walk), but ended up having sex (my bf tells me that we had sex a second time, about an hour or so later, but I have absolutely no recollection of the second act), which was followed by leisurely conversation.

I have had no sleep at this point, and have to be somewhere at 7:00 pm.
At ~5:00 pm, I am lying in bed and see tiny ants swarming over the ceiling. I'm a little taken a back, but I'm not disturbed by what I'm seeing. My bf looks at the ceiling and says there are no ants. I get up to take a closer look, and see that he is right. But when I lay back down on the bed, I see the ants swarming again. then I look over at my bf, who is looking very worried, and he appears to have a toothpick or wooden skewer in his mouth. Quickly these objects morph into a rainbow-metallic steel cagelike muzzle (yes, on my bf's face!). I tell my bf this, he is more worried, and comes closer and again the muzzle thing disappears.

Following this, I looked over at the stucco wall a foot from the bed and see spirarily and squirming patterns, moving quite rapidly. Reminds me a bit of IV 2ct7. As I looked at the stucco longer, the textured peices of the stucco begin moving. Soon I see the forms of humans appearing within the stucco. They are moving around and I begin to hear faint music playing (sounds like a string quartet or something of the like). There are maybe 15-20 adults (mixed company) and there seems to be a dinner table. People are laughing and gesturing. As I keep looking at the (white)stucco, I begin to see colors, first pastels then darker...almost as if the scene is being coloured in.

I feel very alert and wired (despite the benzos and how long ago I took the meth). No anxiety or fear.
I know that psychosis/hallucinations can occur with wellbutrin OD, but I did not take too much WB...and although psychosis/hallucinations can occur even at clinical doses, it is very rare and I have not experienced anything like this in the days prior.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_wellbutrin
substancecode_bupropion
substancecode_antidepressants
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_methamphetamine
substancecode_meth
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, but interesting!
Do you think sleep deprivation would of had much to do with it, or it was purely the drug mixing?

jules when i took wellbutran and meth orally i too had visual and auditory hallucinations only i took less wellbutran and more meth than you. that scene with the dinner party and the stucko was very much like my trip only i was in england at an art galelry opening to this day i feel as those events are as real as my true memories of places and people ive exsperienced.
-phil-
p.s. email rudi

Damn yo, Wellbutrin is some sketchy shit. I keep hearing weird stories about it. My conclusion: as with most antidepressants, long-term studies of its effects are needed. Till then, no antidepressants for me!
And fairnymph, you seem to be making a habit of blackout sex on benzos hehe…

Interesting! I don't know anything about these prescription drugs you mentioned, but I'd be careful if I were you....

I took paxil for about 4 months about a year ago with no ill effects (except for a temporary decline in sex drive for about 2 hours after taking each pill). However, I didn't mix it with anything and I was on a very small dose. 300mg is a healthy dose of WB. You might want to talk to your doctor about a B-12 supplement, and maybe consider giving the psychoactive substances a break for a while. Wellbutrin, as well as other SSRI's can deplete the supply of seratonin, and psychoactives can help this along. My advice is to be careful.
[ 10 September 2002: Message edited by: phrenzy ]

cool trip report :) I see yer online as I reply to this post, but yer AFK though. im gonna try shrooms once I learn how to grow em :D

Weird, but interesting!
Do you think sleep deprivation would of had much to do with it, or it was purely the drug mixing?

Probably mostly or entirely the drug mixing. I only ever experience auditory hallucinations from sleep deprivation, & only after a LOT more time without sleep, like 72+hrs.

This is why I love BL... People still posting here 17yra later. You WILL get your response, even if you gotta wait a few decades haha.

-GC