Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

BZP - First Time - Excellent & Awful

Flexistentialist

Bluelight Crew
Long time lingerer...First time poster.Background: Been interested in experimenting with piperazines for a long time. Came across 1 gram, and decided to give it a go. I've had extensive experience with heaps of different kinds of drugs, generally preferring the psychedelic family.T+0.00Twas a bright, beautiful Sunday afternoon. I'd been relaxing with a good friend, D. Slightly bored, we decided to try the BZP, expecting it to be a relatively mild experience that would go well on this magic winters day. Divided the gram into two, by sight. We were aware that the taste would be bad, so we mixed our portions into some guava juice, with a guava juice chaser. Have to say, that it was probably the most disgusting thing we'd both ever tasted. The guava did nothing to cover the awful taste. Almost gut-retchingly bad.T+0.15Noticed some sensations already. Stomach felt strange, body felt slightly clean. Both myself and D reported this sensation.T+0.30Definite sensations now. Actually, quite blown away. The clean feeling has increased to the point where we feel really great. Excellent body buzz. D reports some pins and needles in his hands. Feels a lot like some kind of meth rush. We're both really happy and excited, a bit spun-out about how much this stuff has rocked us so soon. The feeling in our stomach has become this warm, comfortable sensation.We start to feel almost edgy. Like sitting on the edge of the seat, as if something is about to happen. Our vision is a little cloudy? Almost hazy around the edges. This is one of the few things that makes this feel like its not some kind of meth. T+0.45Wow...This is really rocking along. We're both totally ga ga. Talking shit, feeling great. We both were getting goose bumps, and tingly sensations up our necks. Couldn't stop talking. We were going from one topic to the next, in that rambling way you do on meth. Just blah, blah, blah blah, blah.T+1.00We're still talking shit, but its got this honest, and truthful edge, similar to the empathic conversations of MDMA. There was a slight profoundness to everything we were saying, even though it was rambling crazy talk. We were both feeling great.. Music sounded excellent. We were listening to some deep house tunes, and could feel the bass tingling inside us way down low. Really nice feeling. We could be doing this on a dance floor, we thought. Our heads feel a bit more clear than they did earlier too. There was less of the rampant, almost manic feelings of the come-up. The edginess was basically gone.T+1.30Still having amazing conversations. I'd start to write something, get half way through the sentence, then completely forget that I was writing something. Every 15 minutes, I'd remember that I was in the middle of writing something, yet had just totally gone off on some tangent. D said he was getting quite strong pins and needles in his toes and fingers. I had this only mildly on the come-up. We were both getting goose bumps over our heads, and up the backs of our necks. We also both had some weird body temperature feelings. Hot and cold type feelings that would just wash over us.T+2.00If feels like we've plateaued at this point. things have calmed down a bit, but we're still yabbering away, and feeling great. Things feel calm, and still clean. Still have kind of warm feelings in our stomachs.T+2.30Cruisy. This is really nice at this point. We're quite calm, but our bodies are still buzzing. Pins and needles have subsided. We are deep in an amazing conversation. Things still have an aura of profundity, but not as fast-paced as it was earlier.T+4.00We've just been talking and talking and talking. Solving the mysteries of the universe etc. Time has gone really quickly. The bright sunny day outside has started to fade a bit, as the sun gets ready to set. We still feel warm, although the profoundness has decreased so steadily we didn't really notice it fading.T+5.00Yep. We're definitely coming down. We're starting to feel hungry (we haven’t eaten since a light breakfast). We get up and walk around. We feel slightly sore, almost like we've been doing some heavy exercise. We feel pretty washed out.T+6.00Wow. We both feel totally awful. We are so wasted, we can barely stand up. Everything looks dirty. We feel really shitty. Can't be bothered talking anymore. Don't feel like doing anything at all. Everywhere we sit or lay, we feel uncomfortable. Yuk. This is really bad.T+7.00Oh dear. I wish we had some benzos. This is awful. I don't think I've ever felt so bad from a chemical, and that’s saying a lot, too. Our bodies feel totally trashed. Its like we've had a week on meth. We feel totally wasted, like we've been through something really huge. Every muscle hurts, we both have raging headaches. Our mouths feel yuk, our throats hurt. Everything is really, really off.T+8.00Feel worse and worse. This is bad. We can't sleep. Started smoking some budds, which helped, but made that headaches worse, and the mouth feeling worse. T+12.00Almost asleep, but we can't quite get there. Our heads are both still moving a bit. Yuk. We feel so bad.Aftermath:The next day, we both felt awful still. We both struggled to get through the next day. I felt weak, and scattered. My body and head hurt. I still had a headache as well. I could feel some slight after effects, like strange body feelings etc. Totally vague all day.Day 2, we both felt better, but still definitely not 100%. By day 3, we began to feel pretty much together again.All in all, it was a great experience, while it lasted. In our humble opinion, however, we think the high is not worth the pain. When we felt great, we really felt great. It was, in fact, quite amazing how much we loved the feeling of this while it was on. However, the comedown was so very bad, I can almost feel the headache again just from thinking about it. If you're going to try BZP, make sure you have a couple of days off to get over it. I know some people don't experience the nasty comedown we did, but it really knocked us for 6. Would we do it again? Maybe if we were more prepared for the comedown. We're both really undecided about it. When it was excellent it was excellent, but when it was awful, it was really awful.[ 30 June 2002: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]Tagged by Speed Kingsubstancecode_bzpsubstancecode_piperazinessubstancecode_stimulantsexplevel_firsttimeexptype_negativeexptype_difficultroacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, first off, thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it.
But it sounds like you had a pretty high dose (half a gram each), on Erowid it says:
Dose: BZP is used orally at doses of between 70-150 mg. Effects last 6-8 hours.
That would explain the extremely bad comedown, you put your body through a lot of shit.

Glad you liked it splatt.
The reason we dosed so high was my friend had already tried 100mg of this same BZP, with basically no effects at all.
We figured the substance must have been BZP hyrdochloride (as opposed to dihydrochloride) as there may be some differences in the activity of these two?
Have a look at these threads, that touch on this issue. No one has yet come up with a good explanation.
BZP dihcl vs.hcl?
BZP Thoughts?
[ 03 July 2002: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]

The first time I tried BZP it was in the HCL form and it was fun , but, I also got the dreaded hangover and felt like shit for 2 days! I then tried the BZP DiHdyrochloride and had no ill effects or hangover afterwards. I definately think there is a difference between the HCL and DIHCL forms. The DI seems to be MUCH easier on the system.

Hmm... I doubt that what form the salt comes in would have too much impact on the hangover. The only thing I can think of that would be affected by how many HCls it's bound to is what dose you have to take to get the same amount of BZP in your system.

I just did around 600 mg yesterday first time trying it. I feel totally fucked today. around 14 hours since I took the first dose.. 11 or so since I took the last one. My pupils are still dialated and I can't eat anything.
The trip in itself lasted about 7-8 hours for me.