• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms.420

Greenlighter
I would like to hear everyone's favorite quotes it can be from a friend, inspirational or whatever you want. If you know the author please put their name next to it if you don't just put source unknown.

"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on."
"I'm not not licking toads." -H. Jay Simpson

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, so live life the best you can today." -- Author unknown.

...I heard it on some movie.

"My advice: Just keep movin' straight ahead. Every now and then you find yourself in a different place."

--George Carlin

Once rejecting your current state, there is no knowing where you can arrive

Italo Calvino

"The most dangerous thing in the world is to think you understand something."

- Got it from a random book of quotes, no idea who said it.

"You can spend hours, days, weeks, even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened...or you can leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on"

-2pac

"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe."

Frederick Douglass

"Excuse me while I roast this bone" - Frank, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

"I said to myself, 'You’ve got to stop fooling around, and concentrate on your music, and if you’re not willing to lose everything then you’re never going to get anywhere. You’re just going to be an old alcoholic antique dealer with a shop that you won’t let anyone in…’"
from an interview with some musician, i forget who tho =/

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky

I do my best to live by this.

not sure if these are my all-time favorite quotes (since wisdom is always a work in progress) but they're the ones i have been reciting the most lately:

"it's not the years in your life that count, but the life in your years." - abe lincoln

"one does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - carl jung

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

"In deep sadness there is no place for sentimentality."
William S. Burroughs

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. "

"When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

"Work is love made visible. And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."

<3Kahlil Gibran

^Very good........

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”

“I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strangely, I am ungrateful to these teachers”

AND one of my favs-
“One may not reach the dawn save by the path of the night.”
- Kahlil Gibran

i dont have a drinking problem i have a drinking career"- steve-o from jackass

Status
Not open for further replies.