• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
/\
Lincoln said that bro.

Whether you believe you can, or you can't, You're Right.
-Ford

aha - my bad!!!!!
God, ford has a ton of good ones too - I got robbed for my laptop so my document with all my quotes is gone now :((

That's super unfortunate man.. I spilt a glass of water on my laptop :/ but luckily I wrote all my favs down in a notebook

oh it's worse than that - that was the laptop I bought after my tower PC's motherboard crashed and, while I was trying to pull 400gb of media off the 3.5" HDD via an IDE cable, the HDD fell, and I lost all my media. UUUuugghhh.

(why yes, I do back up the most mundane data to at least 2 DVD's now, why do you ask? ;-P )

hahah there ya go.

here's a fitting quote for ya too.

Live & Learn

"To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late. To be late is to be in deep shit." Heard this a lot while growing up, lol.

"There are three sides to every story: Her side, his side, and the truth."

Good Topic here are two I'm fond of

The first is: "I never realized how smart my parents were until I became one."

The second is: "I am a product of my parents: both the positive and negative influences they had on me. However, I am responsible for the choices I make and the actions I take today, not my parents."

The second was from a speaker I saw in college who had a very rough childhood, and was asked how he was able to suceed despite his horrible parents.

"Living fast just slowed down"

The first thing I said when I found out imma be a dad... *face palm* Fuck.

^Congrats dude!
Burden, maybe, but it's still your flesh and blood, mate :)
Go in with a positive mindset.

"Too weird to live, too rare to die"

The Tiger Striped Cat

There once was a tiger striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives, and he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat, and the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed, and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger striped cat cried a million times, and then he died too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Abe Lincoln or Mark Twain depending upon your source

“I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that.”
—Robin Williams

Not a famous quote, but always made me laugh so I saved it... RIP Laika <3

"I hear the sands of time are actually made up of MXE granules."

And someone much more famous:

"I realize the tragic significance of the atomic bomb ... It is an awful responsibility which has come to us ... We thank God that it has come to us, instead of to our enemies; and we pray that He may guide us to use it in His ways and for His purposes."
—President Harry S. Truman, August 9, 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.