• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I need someone to protect me from all the measures they take in order to protect me -banksy

"The lesson which life repeats and constantly enforces is 'look under foot.' You are always nearer the divine and the true sources of your power than you think."
-John Burroughs

Of evils current upon earth, the worst is money, money lays waste cities, sets men to roam from home and is the cause of many unholy deeds. -- Sophoclse (paraphrased as I remember it), Antigone.

Actual quote (from another translation):

Of evils current upon earth
The worst is money. Money 'tis that sacks
Cities, and drives men forth from hearth and home;
Warps and seduces native innocence,
And breeds a habit of dishonesty.

EDIT: "He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality, and will never therefore make any progress"[39]
-- Anwar_El_Sadat

Last edited:
michale caine in the dark knight said:
some men aren't looking for anything logical like money, they can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
yes

Not really much of a quote, but it inspires me.

" An army's feet pounding on my head maybe I'll wake up one day to notice
that all my life was just a dream"

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

This is fantastic!!

all the other kids with pumped up kicks, ya better run better run, faster than my glock. All you other kids with the pumped up kickes better run, better run, faster than my bullet.

Take the best feeling you've ever had, and give it to everyone you meet. -A good friend of mine

“Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.”

“I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.”
Marilyn Monroe

“For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.”
Virginia Woolf

“Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.”
Oscar Wilde

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you learn to appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe

When life gives you lemons
squeeze the juice in its eye, kick it in the shin, say fuck you
and run away!!

"im not addicted to drugs,because i quit everytime i get high"

lol i went bunkers wen a crackhead told me this

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.

George Washington

"Chemistry: The stuff we do in a lab that is a felony in your garage."
-The best T-Shirt ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.