The Decemberists

Beenhead

Bluelight Crew
Am I the only person who thinks the Decemberists Hazards of love is one of he best albums made of all time?

I have not found many people who like them, I dont understand!!

My gf loves them and a couple of their friends. I cant get into their weird ass voices and style of singing but I still appreciate it because theyre getting paid more than me :)

i think the decemberists are one of the best bands all together! they're amazing story tellers and i enjoy their music GREATLY! my uncle is a sailor and lives on a house boat, i want to go sailing with him and blast some decemberists while doing so, i feel like it would work so well. :D

I have been listening to some of the other albums lately. Their EPs are very good. The tain and always a bridesmaid are very good.

The Island from the crane wife is my favorite song by them, but hazards of love is, in my opinion, right up there with darkside of the moon, Selling England By the Pound, and The white album

I dig 'em, but I haven't yet heard their most recent album.

Awesome post Ryan, that would be quite cool.

They are an awesome band IMO.
My ex gf got me into them about 3 years ago.

I saw them last summer, they opened with The Hazards of Love.
It was really good show.

I enjoyed their music until I saw them live! They were v.dissapointing imo

Reverend Green told me they're the most pompous & douchey of the music industry.

But I love the Tain.

^ That is what they say about all Progressive Rock. Its because of its complexity.
The tain is cool, but not the best

I dig these guys...have been into them since "Picaresque", which is still my favorite, although I really loved "The Crane Wife" when that came out, who knew these guys had some progressive rock tendencies in them? I didn't. I thought they preferred to sing sea shanties. :D

I've seen them a few times and they are usually good for a solid performance. Caught the last bit of tour where they were performing "Hazards" in its entirety. Good stuff. Not sure about how they are personally, but considering I will probably never meet any of them, I am content to enjoy their music and not give a fuck about whether they'll push an old lady out of the way while trying to escape a burning building.

Who says that?
I like The Tain for being a concept album.

punk rockers and minimalists, and fans of hair bands mostly

I've seen them a few times and they are usually good for a solid performance. Caught the last bit of tour where they were performing "Hazards" in its entirety. Good stuff. Not sure about how they are personally, but considering I will probably never meet any of them, I am content to enjoy their music and not give a fuck about whether they'll push an old lady out of the way while trying to escape a burning building.

tis true. hazards is not the first to show progressiveness. Look at the song Islands from the crain wife. Sounds like a mix of Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull.

That isn't pro shankil butchers that song is it? It seemed pretty neutral but I couldn't really tell?