• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ive got a fan in there, but Its prob not doing a whole lot, does anyone know how to get case fans for a computer to work without hooking to a power supply or a Motherboard? I have so many spare fans from computers , I wish I could somehow hook them up in there.

you can buy them that run on 115 VAC......a little 12volt transformer is really cheap anyway..

I think I may have ran into or found part of the problem.
Today, I was mixing the top few inches of soil with my hand, I got down about half way, and the soil seemed pretty compact, the root system of my plant seems to be in the top 6 inches of soil, in a 1 1/2 foot pot, should I empty and repot? is there an easier way?
I know transplanting slowing it back about 4-5 days it seems, but, I dont see those roots growing down in that compact soil, Im not sure, any advice is appreciated

you'd be surprised at how the roots manage to grow through stuff.....naturally, its better if the soil is loose.....cannabis really likes loose, sandy soil....its better to get your soil mix right from the beginning......you don't want to do too much transplanting if you don't have to....If I were you, I'd leave it alone and let it grow......

ggg8.jpg

this is my plant today...
I guess I won't do anything about the soil, I was thinking about cutting off the bottom of a pot and placing it ontop of another with lose soil, but w/e. it looks somewhat healthy, just wish it would stop bending upwards, and now the leafs seem to be getting droopy, is this normal?

also,does my plant look close to being able to tell the sex?
Its looking like a female, but , you never know, I could be male, I just really hope for fem, still, I haven't seen any preflower.

it looks great......you're doing a good job.....I hope it turns out to be a girl....:)

^^Thankyou

ggg9.jpg

plant today
soil is 6.5, im happy with that for now,
still no sign of sex, lol,
I have moved all of my lights 4 inches away, but , still , the plant remains to curl up.
It's also really starting to branch out now, it's hard to see the center stem anymore, because there so much foliage.
I shouldn't trim it right? just leave it be?

Last edited:
yes,.....just leave it.......when it gets taller, and when it is flowering, you might want to remove some of the lower branches so the plant can focus its efforts on the top.....the buds you get from the bottom are very airy and sometimes dry up into nothing...

Alright, so when It starts flowering Ill do that, how many do you think I should take off, just the smallest one on the bottom taking up space?

Should I just cut some of the bottom branches off and clone them?
I still don't know if it's female, but if it does turn out to be...

:( It's never going to show it's sex, it's just going to turn into a big tree and produce no bud. lol

Oops....
Ph meter broke today

you'll see which ones to take off.......it will be very obvious...

you could use them for clones......those are the branches I use for clones....

lol alright, thank you :)

Me too, me too, so does my g/f, even though she doesnt smoke, she just wants to see it, haha.

It's still really short and bushy, alot of people say that it could be a sign of female, hopefully it is :D

I've got my fingers crossed that this one is a girl....:)

Kinda off topic, but in that sense, if theres that much proof its a female, then , isn't there...that much proof that its also male?
Short stubby plants can be indica can't they? or is it the other way around, it could be a male of a certain strain, or a female, ...God...Just wish I knew..haha
Soon, we will all know, Ill keep posting pics until I see it or someone else can see pistils or male parts.

Also, from the size of the leaves, I would believe this is an indica dominant strain, but who knows.

I know I keep editing, but I was just looking, some of the leaves on the very bottom of the stem, have yellow/brown tips. looks like they're dying, Do the lower leaves start to die off once theres so many?
Theres only 2-3 leaves like this, but , I was just wondering if its normal?
Ive been doing everything I can to prevent the leaves from touching the soil, but there are some that, I just cant do anything about

Last edited:
these are lower leaves?......its normal to loose the lower leaves....

yes, pretty much the only ones that are yellowing are the few on the very very bottom..
Huge growth spurt, bout an inch today.

gggg10.jpg

ggg10.jpg

still, no sex. but , it's looking like its about to start produce something.

UH-OH!
Think I ran into my first serious problem
PH meter broke yesterday, gave me a bad reading, I watered my plants, this morning I woke up, the newer, smaller leaves are yellow in the middle and turn green the further outward you go towards the leaf (the yellow is in the middle, about 3-4mm wide.)
Did I over fert? or is there a deficincy?

sounds like they need a little nitrogen.......if the pH is too high, you'll start seeing purple stems....

Is it possible too much nitrogen can cause this?

30-10-10.

Most of the stems are green, ofcourse, with an occasional purple/red spot on the stem.

I gave my plant more nutes than normal, due to the fact the ph wasn't right ,and I was trying to put enough to correct it, I pretty much put another half , of what I normally use....Idk...Most of the new green leaves seem neon yellow/green.

Status
Not open for further replies.