• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah,...he's only taking a cutting for sexing purposes...hence the 12/12 right off the bat..otherwise I agree with the 24 hour light....I also agree with the low power lighting.....don't want to push it too hard with a lot of bright light....after all, it doesn't have any roots...I root my clones under a compact flouro....

get a switchable ballast, 400w metal halide, and hps. i would be nice to go from 400 to 600 for flowering. the HID's make all the difference in the world, i run my MH 24/7, thats on a switchable, then i have a 400w hps.

T5's are nice, but metal halide is grand. i dunno, maybe go 250w MH then off to 400w hps, that would ideal for 4-8 plants, or 20-30 little SOG colas in a flood table, or drip. if you get a 250 MH, your going to want a 400... digital ballasts can cause trouble, especially if you live in a populated area.

ggg5.jpg

plant today, with water around it, humidity reached 30%, I dont know if that is high enough or not, could break out the humidifier, just don't want it to get too wet and make the bud bad.

Still no sex, loolll, but checking every day anyways...

-could you pm me of a place that sells bulbs/ballast , and hopefully one thats not too expensive, lol ,
Im sure it'll cost me though,how many plants could I grow under 200watt cfl, 2?

when I clone , its alright to use CFLs right, other lights are bad for clones aren't they? or so I think I heard that somewhere.

Last edited:
1000bulbs*com

you need a blue and a red though, blue for veg, red for flower.

or, 4 12-16" T5's veg, Red 200 florescent flower. 3-4 mediumish 8 small 1-2 nice deep water culture scrog.

so , from that site, the ballast are pretty cheap? so are the bulbs? all I'd need is 70$ for 2 400watt HPS and a ballast? that doesnt sound right?
anyways...
Thanks for the page Ill check it out when I wake up, did the plant in pic look a little yellow to you , did to me, anyways, thanks again all, I appreciate it, Learning alot here on my first grow.

watered plant today with regular water (well, little fertilizer beads...hah)
I read on the box that I use for ferts, that it helps acid loving plants?(and its 30-10-10, not 30-15-15, sorrry, could that be the problem?)
but, when I add ferts to water (1/4 strength) absolutely nothing happens to the ph...if I add full strength, the ph goes down to about 6.
Now, I know I don't want to over nute them, so , is using lemon still an option here? I kept lemon water in a cup for a while, it started to get mold on the sides, I don't want my roots to get mold or rotten or anything...
If anyone knows about this Id appreciate it...
Looked at a pool store today, no ph up or ph down...wth.

when I clone , its alright to use CFLs right, other lights are bad for clones aren't they? or so I think I heard that somewhere.
you probably heard that here:
as for your lights, your flouros will work just fine for the clones (you actually DONT want to use anything but flouros (or maybe LED) for your clones)
as well as here:
I also agree with the low power lighting.....don't want to push it too hard with a lot of bright light....after all, it doesn't have any roots...I root my clones under a compact flouro....

HPS lights and ballast is going to cost you a few hundred dollars. And like I said about your heat, you need a ventilation system to cool that off ESPECIALLY if you pick up an HPS. That room is going to get HOT.

The lemon thing I can see working for your PH in theory, but I don't know if that is what caused the mold (could be).

If you got to HPS, you'll definatley need to deal with the heat...personally, I use a vented hood and a turbo fan...with a 6 inch duct line..

same here, i think, cool breeze reflector, with 6" inline.

and a generic wing. the cool tubes, with some nice glas stay very very cool, i can put my wrist a 2-3" inches comfortably away from the tempered glass lens.

but, the right color temp 200w fluro will bud 1 or 2 fairly well. those moguls still put off some heat, nothing like an exposed HID, but they are expensive, and lose a lot of out put with in so many months.

thats an old debate though... i tried getting around using HID's, and it became clear after so long what needed to be done. a self contained 150hps with 4 or 2 42w 6500k cfls would stretch out and bulk up a serious little fucking plant. they dont get too hot, and with a little 10" inline HoneyWell or something aimed at it, i doubt heat would be much of a problem, and are incredibly light, the bulb feels like the heaviest part.

check out T-5 florescent lights if you havent already, those are some high out put skinny fluro tubes, they could replace a metal halide. but the HPS... thats hard to do, it really is more economical and a lot cheaper in the long run.

if you decide you enjoy this, that is... haha there are lots of small 250hps cooltube-stealth- grow box plans out there that are tempting to just try for the hell of it. such arrangements are most ideal for a SCROG grow, which you have mentioned. check it out.

shes i mean IT looks great man ;) - keep it up!

gggg6.jpg

ggg6.jpg

This is the plant today.
Leaves are still taco-ing upwards, heat is down to a steady 82.(if not lower) with a humidity of 28-35(average30)

Watered with regular water, Those bowls of water increased humidity by about ...2 or 3 %...
Should I add a humidifier? Would it cause any type of rot or mold?

Also, with the lemon , what I did was squeeze lemon into the water, until i got the ph where I wanted, about 2-4 days later, there were patches of white growing ontop of the water, and on the side of the container,
May not have been mold, just wondering if anyone knows, I don't want to keep adding lemon juice if it can cause problems, (assuiming lemon juice would cause more problems than a high ph prob)

Idk. this things getting big..
hope its a she...
Im guessing I won't know until her b-day...4-20... ;) haha, its comin up

Last edited:
that plant sure looks good to me,......I hope its a girl...

You and me both, hah,
I'm sure it'll start pushing out preflowers before I notice them, I know what Im looking for on the plant , it's just so bushy now I dont want to start throwing leaves around just to see the stem of the plant and if it has pistils...lol
Though it does have those two spikes where a preflower usually pops up...

I truly hope it's a girl...
If its not a girl can I get seeds off the male? or do I hvae to have male and female for seeds?

Oh yeah, I posted last night, but thought I was wrong, turns out I was right, baby started pushing out 11 finger leaves for me <3 :)

Last edited:
the female produces seeds if she has bee polinated by a male.....you know...kinda like the birds and the bees.....

Birds and the bees? Huh , what? lol jk.
Yeah, I was just curious , weeds an odd plant sometimes..

Added humidifer to grow room this morning, hopefully it has positive effects and no negative effects , cause no one told me if it would be good or bad, or if it can produce mold/rot.

Added humidifer to grow room this morning, hopefully it has positive effects and no negative effects , cause no one told me if it would be good or bad, or if it can produce mold/rot.
The humidifier should work great for your clone. It should also work well for the vegetation, but be careful when you flower...the bud tends to soak up all the moisture in the air and can cause mold to form on them.

Thank you
-Woah woah woah-

I added the humidifier to help the plant with hot temps...
The humidifier brought the humidity from 30% to 40, but it also brought the temp up from 82 to 87.
Now, Is this worth it? I know getting into the 90 can get dangerous...
my leaves continue to taco with the humidity, and theres nothing else I can think of to lower the temp, I've got a fan pointed at the lights blowing hot air upwards, not blowing on the plant, I have 3 lights in 8.5 inch clamp/reflectors.

I've tried adding ice water to the humidifier (haha , Idk why) but it didn't help much either. Ive tried adding ice to the bowls of water near the plant.
I've got tons of Computers fans, but nothing to hook them up to get them to run...I know they could reduce temp if I could hook em up...but idk how...
Anyways,
is it okay for heat to rise 5 degrees with a 10% increase in humidity , or is that worse for the plant

Last edited:
ggg7.jpg

Low quality pic from my phone
But , plant as of now , looked a little sad to me today,
wonder what would cheer it up.
lol
Humidity I think may have brought up the temp, not sure.
Dont know if high humidity with high temp makes it better than low humidity?
Anyways, Im watering them tomorrow, should I use nutes? I think they look like they could use some this watering

87 is too hot.......it will slow the growth ... and with the higher humidity, it will promote mold...

87 is the highest Ive seen it get lately, it happened for about 30 min, I rearranged my lights, temp has been around 78-82 degrees. I've been putting ice water in the humidifier...dunno if it makes a diff...but yeah, Humidity is still 40%...Temp is 79-82...,
Leaves are ALL tacoing upwards , as of last night, they all started folding up and praying, i dont know what happened...

So should I take out the humdifier?
I dont want mold.

keep the temp down.....40% is good for now.....it can even go higher...its when you're flowering that you want to lower it a bit....do you have some fans running? always keep a fan going in there....

Status
Not open for further replies.