Info Why we don't use 'SWIM' MEGATHREAD

We have a major SWIM thread in support.
The gist: it gives you no protection what so ever.

You know what, instead of closing this im gunna move this there so Fizzle or Evad can merge it.

I've seen SWIM on other sites but not anywhere on here
never understood it
can someone explain the jist of it and what the letters stand for

SWIM = Someone who isn't me
SWIY = Someone who isn't you

That’s basically it :)

@ Mods : Sorry for causing trouble :(

SWIM gives you as much legal advantage in court as asking someone in a drug buy if they're a cop.

^A warrant cannot be issued because of what someone has posted online. It is not substantial evidence. It can be considered evidence along with a charge, though.

In order to obtain a search warrant, probable cause must exist. The probable cause is reviewed based on the totality of the circumstances and may include direct observation, eyewitness testimony and hearsay evidence. While forum posts may not rise to probable cause on their own, they can certainly support probable cause.

I wonder if online terrorist cells use swim?

...I also wonder if writing the word terrorist on this thread will mean NSA agents reads this thread.

*waves up to satellites

No more SWIM

I think that we should write in big bold letters for greenlighters to stop using SWIM. Maybe even set a capture when posting for when a capitalized SWIM is presented it refuses to pass.

What do you think?

Ah... I was hoping that you could implement the ideas I had or discuss them... I doubt anyone is gonna see them now. :(

This is hardly the longest thread ever made, your comments will not go completely unnoticed. In my experience not many new members take time to read through any guidelines to the site so giving SWIMmers a slight nudge on board etiquette and the false security of SWIM is probably the best way to go about things.

Ah... I was hoping that you could implement the ideas I had or discuss them... I doubt anyone is gonna see them now. :(

I saw it so you can rest easy now. lol.

Man there are two main reasons why we dont allow swimming.

1. There are not enough Aussies on the board and everyone knows that Euros and Americans cant swim so there are not enough life guards.

2. Felix peed in the pool and he loves eating Asparagus.

^ lol. And yeah, I saw it too.

Must agree, it makes any reasonable length of writing almost unreadable. There is a fair bit of in in peoples intro threads in NMI, just a bit of paranoia and ignorance I guess. Just like saying that a friend of mine did something, and I guess we get a fair few people across from Drugs Forums where it's enforced right?

But it always could me 'Southeast Unitarian Universalist Winter Institute in Miami' :D

^^^I think thats what most people read it as. I certainly do.

The weird thing is that SWIM isn't enforced on drugs forum. They ask their members not to use SWIM.

my uncle's mongoose is no better than SWIM though is it?