Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Higher purity crystal methamphetine

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's highly likely any meth you're finding in this country is a racemic type (often referred to as 'ketone') With the psuedoephedrine issue, p2p synthesis or something like going as far back as d-phenylalanine and trying to synth from that, is far more likely (well with experienced cooks anyway).

You might get the odd batch of backyard crud cooked from a few packs of telfast gold or something - but certainly the amount of smurfs in this country would be bloody low these days.

it's highly likely any meth you're finding in this country is a racemic type (often referred to as 'ketone') With the psuedoephedrine issue, p2p synthesis or something like going as far back as d-phenylalanine and trying to synth from that, is far more likely (well with experienced cooks anyway).

You might get the odd batch of backyard crud cooked from a few packs of telfast gold or something - but certainly the amount of smurfs in this country would be bloody low these days.

is that the same type of meth they made in that tv series breaking bad?

is that the same type of meth they made in that tv series breaking bad?

The ketone route, yes, but I don't recall the starting material being mentioned.

They used Methylamine and Phenylacetone didn't they? to cook the stuff that turned out blue?

They used Methylamine and Phenylacetone didn't they? to cook the stuff that turned out blue?

Well if there was any realism to what they were doing, and it was only a reductive amination, they wouldn't have needed such an elaborate setup. While some things are described in surprising detail - Season 3 Episode 4 has a scene where Jessie and Walt argue about how the reduction should have been done - other stuff seems a bit sensationalistic. And again, realistically, P2P would have been much harder to come by than the MA they had to steal. I'm pretty sure there's no commercial uses for it these days.

no they full mention it being a p2p synthesis, well actually the brother-in-law does. And yeah, methylamine can be easily produced on the sly anyway - can't see why you'd steal it.. maybe in such a quantity for a huge commercial production... But yeah they have a fucking elaborate set up, with some expensive glassware. that 5000mL RB flask would be worth a fortune on the black market..

sorry like i don't really wanna mention prices, but a kilo of p2p is worth over [six figures] here in australia... whilst i'd imagine, due to its simple synthesis from already legal and unwatched chemicals, MA would be worth jack shit. And whilst on breaking bad they mention they have a superior purity product, which they probably do - any kind of p2p synthesis is going to produce racemic d/l-methamphetamine, so it would still only be half as potent as a batch of pseudo cooked meth. Whilst i say all this like i know what i'm on about, i highly doubt your average, if not experienced jib-head would know the difference if it bit them on the balls. And i mean that in terms of pure product, because both could be pure.. i've raised this before - so please don't chime in to argue if you're a meth-fiend and think i'm wrong and you always know the dif between 'ketone and psuedos mate'

Last edited by a moderator:
on a different note; does anyone know if the different stereo-isomers of MDMA are both active? And if the MDp2p route produces inferior MDMA to using safrole as a starting point?

EDIT: basically just answered my own question
springerlink.com said:
William E. Fantegrossi1, 2 Contact Information, Christina L. Kiessel2, Richard De La Garza II3 and James H. Woods2
(1) Division of Neuroscience, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, 954 Gatewood Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
(2) Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 MSRB III, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0632, USA
(3) Department of Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatric Institute, A8-148, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA

Received: 27 November 2004 Accepted: 15 March 2005 Published online: 28 June 2005
Abstract
Rationale Drug challenges in “intact” and p-chlorophenylalanine (p-CPA)-treated animals can be used to distinguish agents that act as direct serotonin (5-HT) agonists from agents that function as 5-HT releasers.
Objectives The objective of the study was to investigate the effect of p-CPA treatment on the capacity of racemic 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and its stereoisomers to induce the head twitch response, hyperthermia, and locomotor stimulation in mice.
Methods Pretreatments with either 100 mg/kg p-CPA or equivolume saline were administered for three consecutive days. The following day, mice were either euthanized (to quantify 5-HT tone), tested with various doses of racemic MDMA or one of its enantiomers in the head twitch assay, or challenged with 32 mg/kg racemic MDMA or one of its enantiomers, while temperature and locomotor activity were monitored via radiotelemetry.
Results p-CPA reduced cortical 5-HT turnover by >70% without altering dopamine turnover. Racemic MDMA did not induce a significant head twitch response in intact or p-CPA-treated mice. S(+)-MDMA and R(−)-MDMA elicited similar head twitch curves in intact mice; p-CPA treatment attenuated this response when induced by S(+)-MDMA but not when elicited by R(−)-MDMA. Neither the hyperthermic nor locomotor-stimulant effects of racemic MDMA were altered by p-CPA treatment. The hyperthermic effects, but not the locomotor-stimulant effects, of S(+)-MDMA were attenuated in mice treated with p-CPA. R(−)-MDMA did not alter core temperature or induce significant locomotor stimulation in intact or p-CPA-treated mice.
Conclusions The effects of S(+)-MDMA on core temperature and head twitch behavior are consistent with a mechanism involving 5-HT release, whereas the effects of R(−)-MDMA on head twitch behavior are consistent with a direct agonist mechanism of action. The actions of the racemate on core temperature and locomotor activity likely involve a combination of 5-HT release and direct agonism at 5-HT receptors.

So it would seem so? that perhaps racemic MDMA is better... just from that small abstract anyway. I mean in reaching that true feeling mdma has to offer. And perhaps just S or R isomer MDMA alone lacks something.. the energy.... So we could all be wrong about MDEA and stuff if that's the case. I'm just going off on a wild tangent here - but the article says that each produce a slightly different effect with 5-HT, and release alone won't get you there.. but the agonism of the receptors coupled with the strong release + d/a release and agonism may be the key to all of this... i should repost this in my synergy thread.

Last edited:
Reports I've seen indicate MA made from OTC products is typically inferior i.e. contains difficult to remove impurities (check out the old rhodium posts).

on a different note; does anyone know if the different stereo-isomers of MDMA are both active? And if the MDp2p route produces inferior MDMA to using safrole as a starting point?

Both enantiomers are active, each produces quite different effects though. Check out PiHKAL # 109. Many of the routes to MDP2P start from safrole. Nothing inferior about the starting material providing the procedures are preformed correctly, however, from a chemist's pov, the condensation of the aldehyde would usually be the preferred route to the end product. Best to cease any further talk of synthesis.

^I can see what you mean with MA synths, i'll cease chats about synthesis, i'm not a real organic chemistry buff as i'm sure you know - but have a fair idea and keen interest about it all - and a fair understanding of pharmacology.

Ah i love learning some new shit about chems. Just that broader understanding provides you such peace.

oh and p_d you're the best source of information around this joint.... QA ideals are up my alley, and i believe anyone considering something like this should be likeminded. There's more to Chemistry than making money.

Hahah, "the broader understanding provides you such peace" well said. Meth is one thing that is rampant throughout all of queensland pretty much, even in small towns you can find pretty good quality stuff ( as well as pretty goddam awful as well) I just hate going more than a couple nights without sleep... love sleep, prolly why I prefer opiates lol

I have come across the strawberry kris. It is red and some is pink and taste like sweet meth..
but I believe you don't mean the same thing right?

I have come across the strawberry kris. It is red and some is pink and taste like sweet meth..
but I believe you don't mean the same thing right?

i came across spme crystal meth afew years ago (about 2004) that had a pink tinge and had a sweet smell to it. was very strong.

The pink tinge is left over rep phosphorus. It means the product wasn't washed as well as it could have been

Pink or 'champagne' meth was very common in Melbourne in the early to mid 00's

yeh but the smell was unique. i have never smelt that again..

The unique smell could be from a number of different factors

There are so many variables due to differences in reduction techniques used in the manufacture of meth

I remember one time years ago my family went on holiday to a popular beach side town in Victoria. Got chatting with some derro as fella fishing off the rocks, scabbing ciggies and swigs of VAT69, he was crapping on about some "pink champagne" shit he used to bang all day. Seemed convinced it was cut with cocaine. When I tried to tell him otherwords he totally disregarded me, was pretty funny, a 14 year old kid trying to explain drugs to this 30 something year old ex IV meth head. Pretty OT though, lol.

Just Loves what i been getting, such good quality crystals, not cut with n e thing. :-D

The pink tinge is left over rep phosphorus. It means the product wasn't washed as well as it could have been

Pink or 'champagne' meth was very common in Melbourne in the early to mid 00's

Thats actually slightly incorrect, let me elaborate.

Pink champagne was/is traditionally very high purity crystal with the pink color deliberately left in and not washed out, to discern it from other dope. It was usually passed around circles fairly high up the chain, kept as pure and not cut (i.e champagne), for people 'in the know.' Also the pink color came from the dye in the pseudo pills used to cook it, which would normally be washed out, not from unconverted red P.

'Ox Blood' is that red dope that contains unwashed red P, not pink champagne

:)

obviously diluted redp will make pink gear as well, but as a general rule of thumb, the above are the traditional definitions of pink champagne and ox blood.

party safe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.