• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Utilising Kratom for Opiate Withdrawal

MOD NOTE: We are not here to help anyone find kratom vendors, so don't ask about it. It is against the Bluelight User Agreement to solicit drugs over Bluelight, even if they're legal in your area.

Hi guys,

I've been on methadone for over 10 years and recently made a switch to kratom. I still can't believe how easy it was until now (considering I've been struggling with my methadone tapper for months now).

I've been on kratom for 10 days now and I feel quite normal (for most of the time). I've started with 5g of Enhanced Bali 4 times daily, then reduced progressively to 3g, 3 times daily. My methadone dose before the switch was 5mg.

Now, kratom still contains mu receptor agonists, therefore I am expecting some withdrawals to be present when I stop it. I am starting to wonder - how long should I continue using kratom in order to minimize both the wds from methadone and those from the leaves ?
i am currently addicted to "blues" which are roxycodone or oxycodone, which i'm sure you are aware of. Do you recommend Kratom for help with my plight? TYIA

cheers,
rimbamboo

P.S. I'm VERY new here, so if I sound like a jerk, that's why

I really want to end this madness in which I find myself. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

rimbamboo

Hi. I have a pretty big heroin problem and I'm sick of it. I'm tired of spending all my money, tired of feeling like shit, and tired of being a waste. I've tried many times to quit but I just can't take the w/ds. I've recently bought a few kinds of kratom to give it a shot. I got meang da, red vein, and green. My first time so I thought I would experiment alil. Upon reading these posts I fear this may not be strong enough. None of the following is a lie because really want to get off and any input/advice would be great. I don't shoot I snort but I use anywhere from a brick (50 bags) to 80 bags a day. I've seen ppl post about 10x, 15x, and extracts. What would be best for me to try? I'll keep my other kinds of kratom to try n taper off. Money is not an object so any kinds, anything expensive or not please share. Thank u
Dude -- I am totally with you. I snort roxycodone (blue pills). I have not yet graduated to needle, but want to end the madness nonetheless. I am just plain tired of it. And yes, the W/D are excruciating. I vomit, piss out of my asshole, and feel like I want to snuff it. I have fucked myself financially which when I think about it, that alone makes me want to snuff it. Any advice or helpful, kind words would be most helpful. Thank you in advance.

rimbamboo

rimbamboo

Can anyone tell me how to start my own thread? I'm VERY new here (obviously) Thanks

Kratom isn't an opiod..it's an opiod agonist that should be used MAX 14 days.

There's really nothing to 'heal'. Your endogenous opioid system isn't broken, or hurt. Upregulation- you use opioids, the body produces more receptors, you stop using, your body reacts to those empty receptors, downregulation.

In effect you're switching from a long acting opioid to a short acting opioid, which is often necessary for many people doing a Methadone or Buprenorphine taper.

The problem with using Kratom in this manner is the lack of a standardized dose. A few papers on Methadone maintanence say it takes up to 9 days of abstinence for Methadone to clear the body of a moderate to high dose MMT patient to the point where they will pass a urinalysis for Methadone.

Using a short acting opioid longer than this (more or less) can hurt your attempt at abtstinence more than helping. The most you can hope for by switching to a short acting opioid after Methadone before jumping off opioids completely is to ease yourself into acute withdrawal. The withdrawal syndrome won't be as long as a standard Methadone withdrawal (20-30 days), but won't be as intense as that of a short acting opioid. Thats the general idea- this ought to maximize your comfort level when you do kick.

If you researched then you would know it's EXTREMELY effective on methadone withdrawal because methadone is such a mental drug and the withdrawal last between 14-21 days. Should be taken towards the end of weening, around 5mgs is where most start to really suffer wd, so it can reduce cravings and symptoms almost to 90% but it's safer than prescription because there is NO NARCOTIC involved. Its helped me alot, being that I'm on 5mg from 85mg and came down faster than I planned. Now kratom taken in smaller amounts will help with wd but taken in higher amounts will cause sedation.. there is a chart for all this at a different site. Bottom line, it helps the physical and some mental. The rest is up to you.. NA can be great too. Good luck and God bless

The Max is Two weeks

MOD NOTE: We are not here to help anyone find kratom vendors, so don't ask about it. It is against the Bluelight User Agreement to solicit drugs over Bluelight, even if they're legal in your area.

Hi guys,

I've been on methadone for over 10 years and recently made a switch to kratom. I still can't believe how easy it was until now (considering I've been struggling with my methadone tapper for months now).

I've been on kratom for 10 days now and I feel quite normal (for most of the time). I've started with 5g of Enhanced Bali 4 times daily, then reduced progressively to 3g, 3 times daily. My methadone dose before the switch was 5mg.

Now, kratom still contains mu receptor agonists, therefore I am expecting some withdrawals to be present when I stop it. I am starting to wonder - how long should I continue using kratom in order to minimize both the wds from methadone and those from the leaves ?

Kudos for trying to get off methadone and using such a natural aide in the withdrawal. I am on 5mg methadone now and have known kratom could help but couldn't believe HOW WELL it does!! Just make sure not to overdo it or think it's a replacement. You got this, so proud.. from one sufferer to another ?

im on methadone now 6 years ,110mg a day I have no clue how to get off and avoid withdrals,,im told even herion wont help the withdawls i would have to sniff 20 bags a day for relief which is nuts considering i got on the mmt because i was using H again after stopping a gram a day habit cold turkey i got back on it and was already up to 5 to 6 dimes a day when I got on methadone which was my only option after relapsing 8 times and overdoing 6 times once flatlined ...

I wonder if taking a therapeutic dose of a benzo and some Loperamide in addition to the Kratom you are taking now would eliminate most all of the withdrawal symptoms you're having?

It does. I'm on day 8 of kratom therapy for suboxone WD I also take a qtr of a X bar every so often to ease the discomfort. Kratom is a Godsend. It's truly amazing and almost too good to be true.

It does. I'm on day 8 of kratom therapy for suboxone WD I also take a qtr of a X bar every so often to ease the discomfort. Kratom is a Godsend. It's truly amazing and almost too good to be true.

Just be careful and remember to taper the kratom soon, or else you will transfer addictions. I think kratom is better then subs though, congrats on making the move ?

SWIM would like to start using Kratom to get off oxy. How long should he wait after taking his last dose as to not overwhelm his system?

2 weeks off opioids and curious about Kratom

I took pills for about 5 years. Hydrocodone and Oxy. I never took massive amounts at a time. I'd take 30mg total per day spread out like 5mg every 2-3 hours throughout the day. For me, it gave me motivation and focus and energy. Similar to Adderall, which I take legally via prescription, except the opiates were somehow better at it.

So, my addiction was fairly low doses but over a lengthy period.

I finally quit 2 weeks ago and have no interest in taking them again. They are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, not good for my health, and even though I was happy and motivated in my own world I was less involved in the world around me. I wasn't mean to my wife or kids but I sort of became introverted.

The acute withdrawals are over for the most part. The only lingering physical symptoms I have are occasionally leg cramps and sleeping is rough.

My major issue is I have a lack of energy and motivation. I'm not a total vegetable. I'm up, moving around and slowly starting to enjoy things like movies and video games again but, it comes and goes. I'm most concerned about my work. I'm a graphic designer that works from home and due to the withdrawals and this slump I'm in, I am falling behind in my work.

So I am wondering if Kratom could be an option for me. Some strain that would give me a little motivation just to sit at the computer and work a little.

I know nothing about Kratom except there are strains for this and that.

I need motivation. My adderall gives me energy but I'm still unmotivated. If that makes any sense.
Preferably, if Kratom is an option, I would prefer to take as little as possible. My stomach couldn't handle mounds of plant material being put in.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and taking the time to help if you can.

Keaton helps but...

I took pills for about 5 years. Hydrocodone and Oxy. I never took massive amounts at a time. I'd take 30mg total per day spread out like 5mg every 2-3 hours throughout the day. For me, it gave me motivation and focus and energy. Similar to Adderall, which I take legally via prescription, except the opiates were somehow better at it.

So, my addiction was fairly low doses but over a lengthy period.

I finally quit 2 weeks ago and have no interest in taking them again. They are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, not good for my health, and even though I was happy and motivated in my own world I was less involved in the world around me. I wasn't mean to my wife or kids but I sort of became introverted.

The acute withdrawals are over for the most part. The only lingering physical symptoms I have are occasionally leg cramps and sleeping is rough.

My major issue is I have a lack of energy and motivation. I'm not a total vegetable. I'm up, moving around and slowly starting to enjoy things like movies and video games again but, it comes and goes. I'm most concerned about my work. I'm a graphic designer that works from home and due to the withdrawals and this slump I'm in, I am falling behind in my work.

So I am wondering if Kratom could be an option for me. Some strain that would give me a little motivation just to sit at the computer and work a little.

I know nothing about Kratom except there are strains for this and that.

I need motivation. My adderall gives me energy but I'm still unmotivated. If that makes any sense.
Preferably, if Kratom is an option, I would prefer to take as little as possible. My stomach couldn't handle mounds of plant material being put in.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post and taking the time to help if you can.

3 years 60 mg day Percocet user , cold turkey day 4 no opiates . But as of today third purchase of <snip> a pop for 30 capsules of maeng da Kratom . Minimum withdrawals but I can't afford this gonna taper my last few over the next two days asked my doctor to switch me to tramadol , it's much weaker but my pain is killing my ability to be functional for my family .

Last edited by a moderator:
^Price discussion is against the rules, so I edited your post
And you should think about buying powder kratom as it's way cheper than capsuled kratom
And tramadol is imo a bad idea as you'll get dependent on the opioid and SNRI effects of it

I've seen people occasionally type Keaton instead of Kratom several times on this thread and others. Is that just an autocorrection/autotype mistake?

I'm on day 4 of my morphine detox. I broke my neck and back as a kid and am now 35. Over the years I keep having to bump up my meds as my body adjusts. On tramadol 2x a day, norco 10's 4x a day and morphine 3x a day. I have been on Tram and Norco for over 15 years and have never had an issue. BUT morphine is a whole nother beast. I am almost mad at my Dr for even giving me that crap. If I miss 1 dose of it (40mg) I go into full fledged withdrawals. Severe RLS, cold/hot, angry, suicidal thoughts, etc. And that is with Tram and norco in my system.

As stated this is day 4 of my withdrawal. Day 1 and 2 was terrible! However, I figured I would try more Tram and I tripled my dose and literally 100% of my wd's went away! I felt great for about 8 hours. Problem is it was my last two days worth so now I am without any so today is the worst by far. That is up until about an hour ago when I took some old Kratom I had from a couple years ago. I hated the taste so I said screw it. But it is taking away about 75% of my wd's.

I know everyone is different but Tramadol is amazing for morphine wd's and Kratom is way better than nothing.

Hoping this nightmare will be over soon. Not sure how much longer I have to endure. I am surprised at how terrible the RLS is. I have not slept a minute in two nights/days and that is the most frustrating part. Took two sleeping pills last night and still nothing...uugh.

^ be careful with tramadol as doses over 300-400mg lower the seizure threshold and there's at least one report of a woman seizing after only 250mg
And as tramadol acts as an opioid and SNRI withdrawal can be worse than with a normal opioid

I am finally free and clear of morphine!!!

It took a solid 8 days to feel normal. Granted I only 'tapered' for 3 days so it was rough but now I feel amazing:)

I was a bit depressed so my Dr gave me Zoloft but I only took one dose because I do not want another medication to become addicted to. So, I went out and got some legal HGH. It has 200mg of Mucuna Pruriens which is 15% L-Dopa. Yes Dopamine! The decrease in dopamine in the brain after quitting opioids is the main reason for the dreaded depression. Only been on it for 2 days and I have zero depression.

Hope this helps someone else!

I am finally free and clear of morphine!!!

It took a solid 8 days to feel normal. Granted I only 'tapered' for 3 days so it was rough but now I feel amazing:)

I was a bit depressed so my Dr gave me Zoloft but I only took one dose because I do not want another medication to become addicted to. So, I went out and got some legal HGH. It has 200mg of Mucuna Pruriens which is 15% L-Dopa. Yes Dopamine! The decrease in dopamine in the brain after quitting opioids is the main reason for the dreaded depression. Only been on it for 2 days and I have zero depression.

Hope this helps someone else!

Glad to hear. How long were you addicted and how bad was your habit?

8 days to get out of the woods sounds about right. But I usually suffer from paws for quite some time beyond that. So you attribute the fact that aren't suffering from paws to the supplements your taking? I'm kinda jealous; I suffer from depression and a complete lack of motivation for weeks past the acute withdrawal stage.

I was on 120mg-200mg daily for almost 2 years. I only tapered for a couple days so I might have made it worse on myself but I wanted to be done with morphine asap.

YES, YES, YES the HGH is absolutely helping. I was super depressed for a few days and with the HGH I have none of that. Also, I get a little rush about an hour after taking it.