• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Natural Tolerances

2112acid

Bluelighter
Hi i have a question about how to body accepts drugs. More often than not it takes a lot of the substance that im taking to get me high. This happens with

- Weed
- E
- Molly
- LSD
- Benzos
- Concerta

I guess i havn't tried too many things, but i've taken 1-2 tabs multiple times with no effects, at the same time friends have taken the same tabs and had great trips. I've taken 2 hits of molly in separate occasions, and just got a raise of body temperature. One hit of weed does nothing for me, and i tend to stay away from outdoors/indoors.

The only reason i am worried about my natural tolerance is because of acid. I really enjoy taking acid, and i dont want to over do it. I havn't had a bad trip yet, and all of my trips have been very enjoyable. Last time i did acid i took 4 sour patch kids with 1-2 drops on each, the trip was pretty good but i only took 4 because i have had the same acid earlier that month and i knew how my body could handle it. I want to stay safe, but at the same time i want to push my trip harder because i feel like i can handle it.

are you fairly large in stature? how much do you weigh? this can effect it, but some people do need more of certain substances to get high. what is strange about this imo, is that multiple classes of drugs have lessened effect on you. perhaps your brains receptors are more limited than most?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you didn't actually add your question to your post =D

My question is... how do i deal with my natural tolerance? I dont know what effects ill get, i never know how many tabs to take etc.

are you fairly large in stature? how much do you weigh? this can effect it, but some people do need more of certain substances to get high. what is strange about this imo, is that multiple classes of drugs have lessened effect on you. perhaps your brains receptors are more limited than most?

Im 6'2 but only weigh like 140-145. I dont think taking anything has lessened effects on myself, because the first time i had tried acid me and 3 friends all took 1 tab, i was the only one who didnt trip and one of my buddies said it was the best trip he has had.

The only way to deal with it is really to take more I'm afraid :\
Just make sure that, if you need to, take more in small increments. So if one tab doesn't work, take half of another and wait. If that doesn't work then take the other half.
The reason for this is purely for your safety. The golden rule applies as always:

"You can always add more but never take away once you've ingested something."

Oh, one thing - Are you taking any other medication like Antidepressants, Antipsychotics etc? I'm assuming not but it's always good to ask I guess :)

ive never taken any prescribed medication, ive grown up pretty healthy so mabye my body just has a strong immune system?

It shouldn't have anything to do with your immune system I wouldn't have imagined.
I'd say it's just one of those random things where we're all different - you purely have a large natural tolerance to a great deal of drugs :\ Sowee matey :)

Some people have a naturally higher tolerance. Males have a higher tolerance for things than women (they have more blood and tend to weigh more). Your immune system would have far less to do with it then, say, your digestive system, or your nervous system.
If you had eaten a lot that day, that definitely could have an effect.

how experienced are you with these drugs? I know that sounds like a funny question, i'm not trying to be snarky. But it's entirely possible that you are getting poor quality products, or just not familiar with the high. I find it extremely hard to believe that 1-2 tabs of acid had "no effect" on you. SOMETHING must of happened, or you didn't take it right or it was fake. Especially if your friend said it was the best trip he ever had. Some people get less visuals than others, and more of a mind fuck experience. I dunno, and it's really weird that multiple drugs are like this for you too. I guess you'll just have to experiment and find what works for you. Bad trips are usually more associated with your environment/whats going on in your head than taking too much acid.

The only way to deal with it is really to take more I'm afraid :\
Just make sure that, if you need to, take more in small increments. So if one tab doesn't work, take half of another and wait. If that doesn't work then take the other half.
The reason for this is purely for your safety. The golden rule applies as always:

"You can always add more but never take away once you've ingested something."

Oh, one thing - Are you taking any other medication like Antidepressants, Antipsychotics etc? I'm assuming not but it's always good to ask I guess :)

i wouldnt do this with acid, since it wont really boost the high at least ime. youve gotta dose your acid all at once, which is pretty safe imo as i dont think many people in this forum could afford an acid overdose

Some people have a naturally higher tolerance. Males have a higher tolerance for things than women (they have more blood and tend to weigh more). Your immune system would have far less to do with it then, say, your digestive system, or your nervous system.
If you had eaten a lot that day, that definitely could have an effect.

how experienced are you with these drugs? I know that sounds like a funny question, i'm not trying to be snarky. But it's entirely possible that you are getting poor quality products, or just not familiar with the high. I find it extremely hard to believe that 1-2 tabs of acid had "no effect" on you. SOMETHING must of happened, or you didn't take it right or it was fake. Especially if your friend said it was the best trip he ever had. Some people get less visuals than others, and more of a mind fuck experience. I dunno, and it's really weird that multiple drugs are like this for you too. I guess you'll just have to experiment and find what works for you. Bad trips are usually more associated with your environment/whats going on in your head than taking too much acid.

I feel comfortable with weed and acid, i know how my body reacts to both, so i would say im fairly experienced. I know bunk acid from the real thing, and my sources are reliable. Im 100% its my bodies natural tolerance 'fighting' the drugs i suppose. I just wanted some more information and there is not much on this topic, as ive found out.

Thanks for the answers, guess i just got the shit end of the stick

Hi i have a question about how to body accepts drugs. More often than not it takes a lot of the substance that im taking to get me high. This happens with

- Weed
- E
- Molly
- LSD
- Benzos
- Concerta

I wouldn't consider MPH recreational. Weed isn't for everyone. Your E, molly, LSD may not be legit or relatively potent. Benzos aren't very "in your face" kind of high, it's somewhat subtle.

Some people have a naturally higher tolerance. Males have a higher tolerance for things than women (they have more blood and tend to weigh more).
Actually, women on average need more opiates than men do.

Yeah, i just mentioned (mph) that because ive taken two 27s to do some homework and fell asleep like an hour after consumption. Ive taken large amounts of benzos before without any effects. Just from a few experiences with these pills i have no idea what amount will do what to me, so i think its best to lay off that crap.

Yeah, i just mentioned (mph) that because ive taken two 27s to do some homework and fell asleep like an hour after consumption. Ive taken large amounts of benzos before without any effects. Just from a few experiences with these pills i have no idea what amount will do what to me, so i think its best to lay off that crap.

If you actually have ADD or ADHD that makes sense, people are calmed when they take amphetamine and actually need it.

Benzodiazepines aren't too terribly of a strong effect, unless you take a huge dose. It's more of a mild, pleasant effect.

i have had similar issues (but to a lesser extent)
except weed - which i dont tend to use much at all these days

i found that stimulants especially, have a much lesser effect on me than they do on others
however, i have come to terms with the fact i have a natural tolerance and must up my dose, safely of course
;)

in a few ways, this is a good thing
my level of (ab)use is lower because of the economic strain
and if something does happen to go wrong, i wont be the one who ends up in the ER

i think that immune system and general health does play a role
but i think its also luck of the draw, unfortunately

i think the only thing we can really do is to try and potentiate our chemicals
i know i have implemented the bi-carb soda technique when taking stimulants

best of luck
:)

I have the same problem with natural tolerances, I refer to it as my psychedelic tapeworm. From psychedelics to opiates, benzos to speed, it seems that I generally take at least 2x the amount as friends/dosage reccomendations to get similar effects. I am a little bigger, around 6'3, 190 lbs so im sure that plays into part of it, but ive seen people that break 3 bills get super fucked up on half the amount of what I took. And thats after they just finished destroying a pizza. They eat a 8th of mushies and would be annihilated, i bought a half and had less then an 8th left and I fasted that day. They were still gonzo, and I felt barely halfway. Its a pain in the ass man, I know first hand. There is a way to get there, it just takes us a fair amount more. Trial and error, start with the rec dose or what you feel comfortable with after doing some research and if its not enough, boost. If its something you cant boost, just chalk it up as a lesson. When you get into the ridiculous amounts that we sometimes have to take IMO there isnt much room between enough and too much, especially with RC's. My theory is that the only way to get rid of a psychedelic tape worm is to squat naked over a bowl of warm cough syrup. That little bastard cant get enough of that cherry syrup goodness from what I hear. :)
-the_oatster