• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Working and healthy eating

dfaktz

Greenlighter
Any suggestions guys?
I'm trying to lose weight and I've done quite well but theres like 4-7 kilos I can't push.. I'm going to try eat even better but when your working and you don't bring your lunch your limited to so many things.

Usually I wake up at 6, have breakfast by 8(at work) usually a sandwitch with chicken and salad. (multigrain)
And then usually subway for lunch.. A snack in between if I'm hungry.
I do have a mother energy drink everyday -.-

Anyway.. what improvements can u think of on that limitation?

Stop eating so much bread. Grill some chicken breasts wrap em in tin foil and take them to work with you.

Subway every day- do you think your Jared or something?!?

You can probably lose the weight by doing one thing: stop drinking those fucking energy drinks.

First of all, every one of those energy drinks are poison. Secondly, they are loaded with sugar (unless you're drinking the "diet" version...). Thirdly, they taste like shit and make you feel like shit anyway. Drink water or green tea instead.

Additionally: take your food to work. don't buy the shit they have there--it is obviously not good for you. buy some tupperware containers, cook up some bulk foods a couple times during the week and throw it all together in a container. you can mix up things like whole wheat pasta, some tuna, a bunch of mixed beans, season with spices and a splash of olive oil. Cut out all white carbs and refined foods in general.

exercise and you'll be fit in no time.

I dig this thread idea. I'm not currently working but have been contemplating as well how I will be able to continue a healthy diet when I get back into the workforce.

(like Changed mentioned, those tupperware containers seem to be the answer. As to what to fill them with:

* hard boiled eggs
* grilled chicken
* salads

Also, my plan is to have lots of fruit and cans of tuna in a lunch bag. I'm figuring if we keep it simple, eat a hearty, healthy breakfast then we have nothing to worry about

i understand how hard it is to try and be healthy while working and being busy. the number one thing really though is committment. you HAVE to bring your lunch. its really the best way to control what you are consuming. the night before, take the time to prep your lunch so that in the morning, just pull your lunch sack out of the fridge and you're good to go.

another thing that is really hard to fathom is that once you eat healthier, you need to eat more. eating 5 times day will help boost your metabolism, which will in turn help to burn calories. but put down the potato chips or whatever else is at your work's vending machine. bring in berries or a granny apple for fiber, almonds for healthy fat, vegetable juice with horseradish and hot sauce for a tasty liquid snack, etc etc.

but diet alone wont give you the results you need without proper exercise at least 3 times a week.

discipline and commitment.

definitely stay away from the energy drinks! and drink at least 32 oz of water a day. (coupled with proper amounts of sleep) you'll have all the energy you'll need.

Some good advice has been given so far. I have to add though, that you should eat like a king in the morning, a queen in the afternoon, and a peasant at night. Although ideally you should be eating more than three meals--I've always heard "four to six."

I lost 45 pounds in three months simply by eating MORE throughout the day, with the majority of my calories in the morning. About 700 calories for breakfast, 500 for lunch, 300 for dinner, and a small snack (typically a huge salad, easy on the dressing) later on. On the subject of calories, keep your caloric intake at or above 1400 to prevent your body from going into starvation mode.

Exercise does help, but it doesn't have to be what people typically call exercise. On your break, get up and walk around. At my job, I'm on my feet, walkin' around, 5-9 hours, 3-5 days a week, so while losing weight that was enough exercise for me.

Also, taking your lunch is CRITICAL to losing weight. You cannot depend on someone else to give you something filling and nutritious. I do once a week cooking of (whole wheat) pasta, (brown) rice, beans, etc. Then I have a small variety of things to eat during the week.

Best of luck!