Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) v II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...figured this would be a good spot for it..
How do people who take acid at festivals handle it?
Ive wanted to do it at a few events but have chickened out every time. When I take it at home with my friends we just appear so out of it that I dont think being in public would be a good idea...yet it still intrigues me!

I'll do it at bush doofs. I think it goes perfectly with psytrance, and that scene in general. If you are going to a bush doof then definately take it.

For the more mainstream big festivals i'm not sure how it would go. The crowds can be a bit agressive, there are too many people, and the music suits stimulants a bit more. I also like going wandering and been able to move away from crowds when on acid if I want. You can't really do that with festivals.

if you do think of doing it, start with a small dose and see how you handle that.

The crowds can be a bit agressive

So true. There tends to be just too many idiots at most of the major events. Either too drunk or too fried. Or both. Can get pretty ugly. Not the ideal environment for acid.

Also, on a similar note, I find that doing it at an event as such doesn't allow you to fully utilize LSD's potential. Acid (for me) tends to be quite introspective and allows me to delve into my thoughts and analyze a variety of things. This is practically impossible when you are surrounded by 20,000 people.

I can't say I have been to a bush doof but I'd imagine it would be a lot more open minded and relaxed. Hence why it is probably used there a lot more.

My 2c.

Ive wanted to do it at a few events but have chickened out every time. When I take it at home with my friends we just appear so out of it that I dont think being in public would be a good idea...yet it still intrigues me!

Yeah I did it recently too, and I had 1.5 Foghorns (1 tab, then a half 2 hours later).
Was pretty intense during the start of thing, I was quite amazed at how people could stand on the grass that was moving about like water, and other random stuff like that.

The only problem with it I found was it felt like all the crowds were just walking into me, and of course I was leading the way for my friends who were just casually walking behind me.

If you've done acid in similar situations before, I reckon a low dose and you should be right, otherwise just do it at friend's place where less things can go wrong

Ive only taken LSD in situations where there has been no more than three people including myself. However upon leaving a friends house (which included contact with the crowds of drunks at 4am on a sunday in Melb) I found that I had an extreme feeling of disconnection with the public around me and it was quite uncomfortable.

The only thing that comes close to describing it would be a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, where Hunter S Thompson first arrives in Las Vegas and sits down in a bar with a head full of the 'sunshine' acid and the drunken patrons start turning into reptiles. Baaad. :!

From that I can only draw assumptions that I probably would not survive a single day at a concert, without going insane.

Speaking of doing LSD out in public, has anybody done it in a Cinema? Some mates and I will be doing 1 tab of the Leghorn/Foghorns on Saturday afternoon while watching Alice in Wonderland.

I no there's a thread in psychedelic discussion forum, I just would like some opinion's/experiences from you lot :)

^
me and my boyfriend were going to, but we decided not to. and i think it was a good idea, cause it was absolutely full and i doubt the other people could stand us giggling for the entire movie.

my girlfriend an i were also planning on going to alice on acid but it wasnt on when we wanted to, so we bailed. would be great fun if the cinema wasnt too packed out. and must see in 3D.

Yea well were going for a 4:30pm session time so i dunno about how packed the cinema will be, but Ive got a gut feeling it's going to be packed...Yea were seeing it in 3D haha.. Can't wait :)

its been out for a while so i'd say it shouldnt be too full. i saw it sober in 2D, so you can imagine how jealous i am of your plans. should be a blast.

When I saw it about a week ago the cinema was only about 15% full, pretty much empty.

Wish I had acid....

I saw Avatar 3D on 2 panthers, and that was a treat.

I've tripped at Bush Doofs for years and never had a problem with it, but this is because there foundation is aimed around open-mindedness and un-conditional acceptance.

I have also tripped on 3 tabs at a mainstream summer festival, it can get quite overwhelming, especially if you get lost within the thick of the crowd.. i found that to be the worst because there's no way i could communicate with a stranger or anyone for that matter.

That and, if you happen to be spotted by security or cops patrolling around and look like your on another planet, they may remove you from the venue.

Speaking of doing LSD out in public, has anybody done it in a Cinema? Some mates and I will be doing 1 tab of the Leghorn/Foghorns on Saturday afternoon while watching Alice in Wonderland.

I no there's a thread in psychedelic discussion forum, I just would like some opinion's/experiences from you lot :)

I would have assumed it would be a waste of time, you may find that whats going on on the screen is the least interesting thing in the immediate sensory environment. I tried to watch a movie at a friends house after taking some mushrooms and just wandered off to watch the floor swimming around and the eyes comeing out of the top of my sneakers.

In regard to dropping at festivals or public, allways err on the side of caution, the drug increases any feelings of alienation from other humans ten fold. Also, though it tends not to be a popular consideration within the drug community, I feel one should spare a thought for the public you are subjecting to your psyched out behaviour.

It's really true that set/setting is just as important if not more than the dose. The environment I'm in dictates the dose range I'll be comfortable on. Eg. festivals, doofs, raves, public or anywhere with alot of people and sensory stimuli means I only like to be on a lower dose unless MDMA is involved. In smaller groups of people at a house or walking around somewhere etc I'm more inclined to want to dose higher. And when I drop by myself I'll be happy to dose higher again where I can lie down immersed in the flood of rushing colours around me with no social obligations. I cease to be able to communicate at those doses anyway.

A more stimulating setting like a festival will intensify the acid anyway or at the very least increase the confusion/mindfuck. Tripping somewhere like that can make 1 tab feel like 2 hence set and setting alot of the time trumping the actual dose in determining how hard I trip (within reason obviously). Not just how hard the trip is but also the type or focus of the trip.

Acid be crazy yo :D

I would have assumed it would be a waste of time, you may find that whats going on on the screen is the least interesting thing in the immediate sensory environment

Nah man - no way - have you ever taken acid and watched "The Wall - Pink Floyd"

If not - I recommend it. It's a good acid experience :D I wish i hadn't done it already so i can experience it all over again! Loved it... and my attention span is usually bad when im straight, let alone on acid - but i had no worries with that movie :D

I personally wouldn't want to take acid and go into a very packed picture theater ....id rather watched a movie on acid in the comfort of my own home, or a friends home. Doing bulbs =D But that's me.

I personally wouldn't want to take acid and go into a very packed picture theater ....id rather watched a movie on acid in the comfort of my own home, or a friends home. Doing bulbs =D But that's me.

Yeah was gonna say, watching a movie at home on acid with a few friends would be heaps better then doing it in a cinema.

This friday was the first time I've dosed at an indoor/club event, definitely not something I'm going to be making a habit of doing. Waaay to claustrophobic for my taste, ended up having to leave pretty early just to get some fresh air and clear my head a bit.

I would say that the best times on LSD are generally in a small group of good friends at a house or comfortable area (ideally near some nice parks etc) where you can relax more and get a bit introspective

That being said, LSD is probably on par with MDMA (I mean a good dose of the real stuff, so, it's been a while) for when I go to clubs or festivals. Probably dosed at maybe 6 or so festivals and quite a few club nights and I love it. The only thing is you should get comfortable with the drug first, because trying it 'out and about'

As has been stated, 20,000 meatheads can be rough at the best of times.... R.I.P. people going to festivals for the music...

Think it is fine to do acid in public spaces but just have to do it a lower dose!

LSD must always be respected!

Also, though it tends not to be a popular consideration within the drug community, I feel one should spare a thought for the public you are subjecting to your psyched out behaviour.

Haha. fuck em=D.

Nah. i do sometimes feel a bit bad the next day after laughing in someones face, and making some sarcastic acid-induced joke to them. or those people that walk by and their appearance looks so funny you can't help but laugh. but you and your friends try and hold it in, but then at the last moment you explode in fits of laughter right when they are closest to you. haha funny at the time. but probably not good for the person's self-esteem.:\

Seriously for starters I would not take more than 1 1/2 of the pink panthers, I tripped sooo hard off that much it was quite unbelievable considering im used to dropping 2-4 hits and I was just gone.

I was with people though, im going to try 2 tabs with some MDMA and 3 by itself with tons of pot, a fair break in between of course, I like to keep these experiences special. Tripping by myself always seems to bring the most out of the experience, I can think and delve deep into my mind which is quite impossible for me when theres people around.

Thats enough for me right now though...love to you aussies, wishing you all a great australia day even though its a bit late, I had a shit day so ill wish well to all my BL buds, you all rock! :)...

The 2nd time I took tabs I took 3 of them. I had bad stomach cramps and it was visually pretty overpowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.