Completed Recreational use of prescription stimulants

Oh, this is fun. I always love looking back on how much epic fail my Vyvanse prescription has caused me. I'm pretty hardcore ADHD, but went entirely through grade school and two years of college undiagnosed and untreated. I also have strong social anxiety, and developed an addiction to benzos through careless, non-prescribed self dosing. After beating that last summer, I took antidepressants (also non-prescribed) for about a month and a half before becoming disenchanted with the emotional numbness. Shortly before school started back up, I decided to try a semester taking Vyvanse in an attempt to salvage my collegiate career. I had plenty of experience with psychedelics/mdma/opiates/benzos/sedatives going into it, but virtually zero prior stimulant involvement. Basically I'd set myself up the ultimate recipe for failure... an impulsive, recreational drug user with a previous addiction, emerging from a state of emotional homeostasis and heading into the land of extended release amphetamine.

On the odd day that I took the proper dose after a night of sleep, Vyvanse definitely helped with school. But the majority of the time, I pretty much just spent a week super tweaked, caught in that dichotomy of dysfunctional euphoria, followed by a few weeks of sluggishness until it came time to refill. My grades didn't turn out too good, but I'm proud that I at least finished the semester without any Fs >.<

I sincerely hope the information obtained through research projects will be used to accomplish some good in the pharmaceutical/mental health businesses. I hate recreationally abusable pharmaceuticals (amphetamines especially), because I can't help but love them, and they're far too available and overly prescribed.

One word... Don't help these folks out, they're in the pocket of pharm chem lobbyists, and a second word. - DESOXYN - everything else pales in comparison... Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about, they have it in America, pretty hippocritical.

One word... Don't help these folks out, they're in the pocket of pharm chem lobbyists, and a second word. - DESOXYN - everything else pales in comparison... Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about, they have it in America, pretty hippocritical.

one word Funding. you think running bluelight is free? I hate big pharm as much as the next guy but I love this site and I know that bluelight saves lives these surveys are a neccesary evil since the sites funding is no longer assured.

No I do not think that running bluelight or any forum this size is anywhere near free. I just personally believe that the Admins of this site should be exploring other avenues for funding... I see where you're coming from though, I personally didn't read too deeply into the first post and I didn't understand that this was a request by bluelight admins asking us bluelighters to take this survey in order to help them with funding. Maybe it does say that, maybe it doesn't but I personally wouldn't mind bluelight posting a bunch of pay per clicks to make the money they need. I just don't think that sharing one's personal experience with Pharmaceutical stimulants with some Pharm Chem Think Tank is in the best interest of the harm reduction community. I'll take a look at the survey, and who is conducting it and perhaps if I feel comfortable that they are not going to use the information gained against the recreational chemistry enthusiasts here at Bluelight, then I will take the survey... However, I highly doubt that this study is being done by any kind of non-biased group. We shall see ;)

That was funny. xD

If everyone answered surveys like that, we'd be done for on scripts.

By the way, just wanted to note that I'd take a million of these surveys about drug use if y'all kept them rolling.

I'm all for harm reduction, but this survey stinks of self-serving shenanigans from Shire. What other company is selling an amphetamine medication for ADHD right now on the basis of being abuse proof? I wouldnt be surprised if info from the survey shows up in the approval application for their next ADHD drug after Vyvanse goes off patent. :/

Quick test "said 30 min" Took me 5 minutes and I am very drowsey, including time to get my camera in the truck to take photos of the wonderfull product line up.
Maybe it will help reduce the strict rules or make more powerfull products.
I liked how they grouped the products, quick acting to long lasting patchs.
almost like visiting a See's Candy store.
Was expecting to see a giant rock with LED bluelights if I answered all the questions perfect.

It's actually being sponsored by Shire. Clearly an attempt to justify pushing Vyvanse as a front-line ADD medication just as Adderall XR's patent runs out in 2011. They want to have data from drug users saying they prefer the amphetamines that are sold generically, so that doctors will feel justified in using Vyvanse instead. I know that my psychiatrist thought it was harder to abuse. I just hope my responses made it clear that vyvanse can easily be extracted with trypsin, and the extended-release mechanism was the main reason for my first case of amphetamine psychosis (long duration, taking far too many spaced out over 48 hours...you get the picture). I have some real problems with this company. (I no longer visit my doctor because I know she will prescribe Vyvanse, and I will take it, and I will end up more cracked out and paranoid than ever.)

anybody else notice it's called the "Vavynse survey" LOL!

Yea, gave answers favorable to keeping drugs legal.

I did say I used marijuana to make it more believable though

I always get a little too excited when I see Recruiting. I suppose there's a drug-trial thread somewhere. Quick test, though, two minutes.

Survey

Completed to help with Bluelight funds.

Do feel a bit uneasy about it but value the site. Would prefer the pay per click funding idea to be honest.

Answered all questions honestly and thoroughly.

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and for completing the survey.

I acknowledge there are divergent views on whether we should support research sponsored by pharma companies. For the moment, we ask you to support this study by responding genuinely/honestly. Please don't complete the survey if you don't feel comfortable supporting the research - it's better to decide not to do it than to complete the survey using fake information.

On a broader level, Bluelight needs to have a public discussion about how we fund this site. As others have mentioned, we have to get enough funding to run the site - and we all agree that we need to keep things afloat. The debate would be about how we choose to meet our financial imperatives. But that is for another thread :)

I think perscription chems caould be potentially more dangerous.
The worst drug experience i ever had was with a perscription chem 2-DPMP. would not reccommend it.