• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Realistic danger of klonopin and alcohol.

Since alcohol and benzos have similar effects, just skip the dose. I have panic disorder and have never had a panic attack while drunk. You just may drink faster to try to calm down at first without the benzo. I have lost alot from drinking on benzos and have almost died from the stuff I did while drinking on them, so even though you won't die directly from the mix of alc n benzo, what you end up doing may lead to it

Since alcohol and benzos have similar effects, just skip the dose. I have panic disorder and have never had a panic attack while drunk. You just may drink faster to try to calm down at first without the benzo. I have lost alot from drinking on benzos and have almost died from the stuff I did while drinking on them, so even though you won't die directly from the mix of alc n benzo, what you end up doing may lead to it

Yup, this. lol

Sure, try having 4 or 5 panic attacks back to back winding up in the ER because you think you're dying, not being able to go out in public or generally deal with anything because of excessive anxiety. Benzos have been a fucking godsend for me. When you go off of them, don't go off cold turkey. Plain and simple. I have defeated panic disorder using benzos and I feel they are the best medication for panic disorder with agoraphobia.

Anti depressants, Buspar and other nonsense they prescribe is BULLSHIT. So is binge drinking and other forms of self medication.

i didn't go off cold turkey.

Either limit your drinking or don't take the klonopin. I mean, 2 mgs really isn't much, but if you are really worried play it safe. I seriously doubt that you will die from mixing the two.

I don't think your in any real physical danger by taking that dose and binge drinking, but do expect to black out and make a fool of yourself unless you limit the alcohol intake. Your best bet is to skip your doses that day, I have never been hooked on benzo's but I am sure one day clean shouldn't kick start them, especially with a long acting benzo like clonazepam.

i didn't go off cold turkey.

Everybody is different. What didn't work for you does work for others. I already went through Klonopin withdrawl from not taking it regularly. It sucks. But that won't distract me from my end goal. When time comes to go off I will go off a little bit at a time not alot.